Author Topic: Problems  (Read 1580 times)

SCgOOk

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Problems
« on: February 27, 2004, 09:03:56 pm »
Hey Guys,

I seem to be having a nOOb moment. My trouble starts with the retail Ext.

Where you say, "With a hex editor open the setup.cbf in the retail version. Keep searching for the work disk. EVentually you will see were it says disk....cbf"

I don't find that info in the setup.cbf. It's in the setup.bin. And it wont let me write to disk to change anything. I downloaded the cracked setup.bin from the download page. But where exactly do you use this file since the disc is "write" protected.

Are you talking about a cracked ISO? I don't have a clue.
I have extracted the v.96 demo with no trouble. But how do you extract the fistalpha demo?.

These instructions maybe all you people need, but for the complete nOOb, there not near enough.

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin glue!
I wouldn't want to be the Member of any Club that would have me as a Member

[TkC]ballbreaker

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aljazeera.net/
Re: Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 09:55:05 pm »
Quote from: SCgOOk

I have extracted the v.96 demo with no trouble. But how do you extract the fistalpha demo?.

the same way.

SCgOOk

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 02:00:39 am »
But the fistalpha demo is an exe. ?

And what about the Retail Extraction?

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Help with extraction
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 02:11:45 pm »
Read the extraction documents.
The things you got to edit are either the setup.exe or the setup.bin depending on what you want to extract.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

SCgOOk

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 12:53:05 am »
Hi There,

Ok, let me try and specify where my trouble is. I have read your extraction manual so many times I got it memorized.
I have the setup.bin that I downloaded from your website.
What do I do with that file?

The retail installs from the cd, and it checks that the corect cd is in the drive just to install? correct? So I cant just copy the disc contents to the hard drive, replace that setup.bin and install.

And I can't take your setup.bin and copy it to the retail cd.

So You tell me how I do it???

The setup.bin on the retail is the only file where you can find "disk.....cbf" with a hex editor.

Next Question

The Fist Alpha demo is an .exe!  You tell me how to find the setup.exe to do the extraction before or after installation?
Someone said it was easy, but i didn't see them post any details.

Thanks in Advance
SCgOOk

SCgOOk

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 01:05:56 am »
Let me clearify the "Second Question", about the extraction of the fist alpha demo. The demo is a demo.exe. It installs to the HD. In the installation folder is a setup.cbf. But your information isn't accesible through this file. So exactly what are the steps to extract this file?

Again your CBF Extraction falls short of specifics. I know since you are the Author of this Documentation, you should have no trouble explaining this to me. I'm glad you replied.

Regards,
SCgOOk

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 12:37:53 pm »
Well,

First off you got to install VC as it is once. Then create a folder on your desktop called ext, in this folder you put the setup.bin (you downloaded), the setup.cbf and the setup.exe. There you put the first of your CBF files (the biggest), rename it to disk01.cbf, then press the setup exe and press install, now you got the first one ready. If you want to extract 0.96 you got to download the demo setup.exe instead.

Read this when you have done the steps above, the text below will oly be confusing:
There might be a problem with the install/play button in the setup.cbf. In fact I should've fixed that too, but you got to uninstall your VC installation in order to make the play option disappear. Of course you don't uninstall for real but you just rename the VC folder and uninstall, in that way it doesn't uninstall anything.

For the FA demo: Yes the FA demo installation is an exe. A RAR package, open it with WinRAR and you can easily extract the files needed and repeat the steps above.

SCgOOk

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 12:44:32 am »
Omar,

Thanks for that info.

SCgOOk

SCgOOk

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 01:05:38 am »
here we go again....

On the FA demo, after winrar. I attempted to change the values with in Hex and it wouldn't allow it??

On the Retail, do I get the setup.exe by exploring the cd? Cause its no where to be found after installation.

Regards,
 SCgOOk

SCgOOk

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 01:50:59 am »
Ok,

I unchecked the "read only" attribute from the setup.exe and made the extraction. But there were no player.ini folder within the disk01.cbf of the FA demo. So what good can come from extracting this demo?
How do you cheat the FA demo?
Can you give me a list?
What trainers work with it with what Operating Systems?

This is the information that needs to be displayed in your Download section. No one knows what trainer works with what OS or sometimes with what game. There are Counterstrike trainers in the Vietcong area, do they work for VC too? no one knows, thats why you put it on your webpage.
Just a little advice, hope it helps.

Regards,
SCgOOk

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2004, 02:18:51 am »
There is no player.ini folder, but an ini folder.

With the extracted game you can't cheat if hradba is on. You could bypass hradba with a debugger, but that's another story.

With the game extracted you know what to search for in memory, as you know how the game is structured and the values for every function. It's very informative and educational.

The download section on the main page has a very good structure, cannot see what's wrong with it. Some FA trainers were scheduled for the last week but as my system only works in "Safe Mode" I cannot start any games or apps not related to the osystem.

SCgOOk

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2004, 02:33:09 am »
Once again,

I explored the VC cd and copied the setup.exe/setup.cbf and the downloaded setup.bin and put them in a folder on the desktop called "ext".
I then copied the largest cbf file from the initial installation of VC, renamed it to disk01.cbf and tossed it in the ext folder.
I ran the setup, an error window popped up saying it could not locate the setup.cbf in C:setup.cbf. So I moved that file to C:setup.cbf and ran the installer again, it opened the window to install. But when I clicked install it asked for another file "tahoma08.fnt" and halted.
Where do I get this file?
Will it ask for anymore?

I cant wait to use my first cheat, I hope thats soon.  :cigarr

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2004, 12:24:02 pm »
Strange error, however tahoma08.fnt is in the setup.cbf. So put one copy back to ext.

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2004, 08:50:13 pm »
im getting the same problem and can't get it to go away!:( i asked about this ages ago but gave up and now im trying agen coz i wanna help make cheats

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
Help with extraction
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2004, 08:58:26 pm »
Very interesting, have you tried to put one setup.cbf to C and keep one in the folder? What are you trying to extract?