Author Topic: Wierd!?!?  (Read 1464 times)

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
Wierd!?!?
« on: November 23, 2006, 09:56:32 am »
I was trying to do like an inf health cheat ( I know its hard or impossible I just wanted to see what I would come up with ) like Predator and I think Apple but after a bit this is what I found. I did a Quick-Fight as VC and went with the whole team. I shot the medic. Then dropped out and searched through T-Search. I said value has decreased. When he healed himself I went Value has increased. Did that about 3-4 times then came up with 34 results. I froze them all to see what happened. I tried to go back to Vietcong ( Not fullscreen ) and it froze VC for a bit which was normal. It then crashed my VC. I started VC back up and did the first tutorial. I shot that soldier wiggling his foot around. I tried this time just shooting him then saying value has decreased. After 1 yes 1 search I got 1 result. I thought YOU BEAUTY. I froze it, went back to VC and it froze again. This time it had a warning e.g xx23002x042900 cannot be found or something like that one of those errors. What happened??
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

newcheater

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Wierd!?!?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:32:00 pm »
think u are working in the bad direction...u want urself to be a god not the others! is urself that must loose energy not the other (u will forever get different and multple addresses if continue on this way and, most over all, in quick fight)

my suggestion: start a lan game or join a non-hradba server (this cause the hook is detected, making it undetected is advanced i think and dunno how to do it), search for value 100 in t-search, return to the game and try to loose some hp, look at the changed values and delete the non-changed ones. Now kill urself and search again for 100...repeat until u get 1 only exact address containing ur hp and try to see if it effectively changes when u loose energy! after u think u get it freeze and try!

EDIT:notice that this is is an example! the "100" value is only supposed to do that! i don't really want to re-extract the game to know the exact full-enrgy-bar value! u'll have to discover it looking to cbf's! but i made my detected god mode in the way i explained) i use chet-engine (cheater-friendly for beginners like me)....t-search gives many more chances but u have to get used to it! studying it! but the core of the topic is the same! serach addresses and values on urself! not on opponets!
for exaple: lets say ur cheat works online (it will never happen cause ur trying to make them and not u gods)...u'd be happy making ur opponents unkillable? lol! if i said a total stupid thing sry!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 03:33:31 pm by newcheater »

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 08:20:17 pm »
Newcheater is kind of correct, you want yourself to be god, and thus godmode will start by searching values applying to yourself.

It's actually fairly easy, but unfortunately, as stated before: (nearly everything about) health is serversided.

Good thing is: it is possible to make server-sided godmode and it's pretty easy.

I've spent days of searching through every little bit of the health value to find results, in server-sided mode and in client-sided.

Since you want to find godmode, you'll have to search in server sided.
This means you'll have to host the server in order to make it work.

Well, to be honest, it's really darn easy to find the correct health value, the fun start with searching through instructions.
You've been searching the right way for the value, you only need to perform it on yourself. However, finding it is a bitch and will cost quitte some time. That's why I'll give you an easier way.

Since I've done this a thousands times, I happen to know that the full health value is as follows: 1128136704.
So, what you want to do is this:

1. Start up the server.
2. Become vc  medic (doesn't really matter what side and class, but that's the way I usually do it, but I think this is the nicest way to test )
3. Load up t-search and do an exact search for: 1128136704. (Make sure your health is still full!!)
4. Lose some health, search has decreased.

At this point you probably only have one value left.

If there are more, no problem, just search increased after gaining health or has not changed; just keep going till you have less than 10 left.

Freeze the value you have left when you are full on health, jump off a cliff that isn't high enough to kill you, but does make you lose health.
If you have the correct value, your health should go down and immediately restore.
Well, that was the easy part. You found the health value.

If you're interested in how to continue at this point, just post a reply here, I'll write a follow-up sequal to this small tut. ;)

newcheater

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 10:30:46 pm »
Newcheater is kind of correct, you want yourself to be god, and thus godmode will start by searching values applying to yourself.

It's actually fairly easy, but unfortunately, as stated before: (nearly everything about) health is serversided.

Good thing is: it is possible to make server-sided godmode and it's pretty easy.

I've spent days of searching through every little bit of the health value to find results, in server-sided mode and in client-sided.

Since you want to find godmode, you'll have to search in server sided.
This means you'll have to host the server in order to make it work.

Well, to be honest, it's really darn easy to find the correct health value, the fun start with searching through instructions.
You've been searching the right way for the value, you only need to perform it on yourself. However, finding it is a bitch and will cost quitte some time. That's why I'll give you an easier way.

Since I've done this a thousands times, I happen to know that the full health value is as follows: 1128136704.
So, what you want to do is this:

1. Start up the server.
2. Become vc  medic (doesn't really matter what side and class, but that's the way I usually do it, but I think this is the nicest way to test )
3. Load up t-search and do an exact search for: 1128136704. (Make sure your health is still full!!)
4. Lose some health, search has decreased.

At this point you probably only have one value left.

If there are more, no problem, just search increased after gaining health or has not changed; just keep going till you have less than 10 left.

Freeze the value you have left when you are full on health, jump off a cliff that isn't high enough to kill you, but does make you lose health.
If you have the correct value, your health should go down and immediately restore.
Well, that was the easy part. You found the health value.

If you're interested in how to continue at this point, just post a reply here, I'll write a follow-up sequal to this small tut. ;)

i couldn't explain it better then u...but u gave the exact energy amount...which is half of the searching work.... :P

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 11:23:33 pm »
The fun part starts at dissassembling so why not give him a push ahead ;)

Frank P.

• Heckler Apprentice
  • Still J Day N*gga....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 09:03:33 am »
I realise I was doing something wrong and thank you for your support guys. But theres one question I want answered. What happened???I knew I did something wrong but I kinda want to know what it was so I dont make the same mistake next time.
Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 10:11:10 am »
I realise I was doing something wrong and thank you for your support guys. But theres one question I want answered. What happened???I knew I did something wrong but I kinda want to know what it was so I dont make the same mistake next time.

When these kind of things happen whilst you're hacking a 'black box'- it's often very hard to know what exactly happened (there are literally zillions of scenarios).  That said- you shouldn't freeze every variable at once, especially when you have 34 of them!  Thats a high number of hits- and you can almost certainlly count on at least one of them being updated; as an essential part of the game engine- or as a critical graphics value.

BTW: Server-side health is stored in floating point format (eg. decimals) in Vietcong; not simple 0 - 100 integer values :).

Subsky

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 11:12:56 am »
I've always searched health with integer values and it worked mostly!

Full health is 1128136704. Searching for that when full on health will get you much quicker to result than having to search for floating points everytime.

So if you want it to be serversided, just start a server in VC and start seaching.
If you want to find client-sided things, make one with vcDED and then join. (Most nice stuff, godmode etc, won't be among them.)

I'm not sure why it crashes, but as Subsky said it's not safe to freeze so many at a time. I'd also advice you to start freezing at the bottom!
Because I'm not sure where, but I read it somewhere in the forum: the upper ones seem to be mostly graphically-orientated.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 11:33:16 am by g-spot »

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 12:08:14 pm »
I've always searched health with integer values and it worked mostly!

Full health is 1128136704. Searching for that when full on health will get you much quicker to result than having to search for floating points everytime.

Well, health is still just a value in memory which varies on how you interprete it.  If you do some homework however- you'll see that the full heath decimal value you stated '1128136704' is '433E0000' in hexademical which- in floating point format; is exactly 190.0000... It seems an usual number to assign to full health however... but it should be sufficient to show that the pterodon programmers used floating points to store health. 

I'm sure I've encountered in coop mode bots having the full health hex value '42C80000', which is exactly 100.00... in floating point format.

Subsky

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 06:32:28 pm »

Well, health is still just a value in memory which varies on how you interprete it.  If you do some homework however- you'll see that the full heath decimal value you stated '1128136704' is '433E0000' in hexademical which- in floating point format; is exactly 190.0000... It seems an usual number to assign to full health however... but it should be sufficient to show that the pterodon programmers used floating points to store health. 

I'm sure I've encountered in coop mode bots having the full health hex value '42C80000', which is exactly 100.00... in floating point format.

Subsky

Hmm, I have to admit I never thought about it that way.
Thing is, I've searched for health in floating point format and in integer values, and found them in both.
They values seemed to be the same, and it was easier to search for integer values, so I just did that.

Saves a huge amount of time!

But the bots in coop seem to react differently to bullets than normal players in servers, so that could be why they have a different value.

newcheater

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 10:07:46 pm »
u also get strange artifacts like energy loosing and refilling after a a while! i tryed to reduce freeze time but if i do that the game crashes!