Author Topic: Snake-eyes ver.1.5  (Read 479 times)

[TKC]Solid Snake

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Snake-eyes ver.1.5
« on: November 22, 2006, 09:29:02 pm »
if anyone wants this cheat pm me, because links are not working here...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:29:12 am by [TKC]Solid Snake »

[TKC]Solid Snake

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Re: Snake-eyes ver.1.5
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 09:57:05 pm »
No, I guess its not time that gets it, I was using it for about an hour withought getting it detected, if someone can beta test and tell me what triggers the hradba detection, that would be great.I think its everytime you talk, you get closer to being kicked, thats what it seems like.

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 05:34:51 am »
Really, really great work- I'm glad you finally did it :).

Don't stop there, however- expand your knowledge.

The next progressively harder hack is Walk Through Walls.

Get PEdump (lets you dump all the modules export functions etc), and use the file it creates as a list of all the potential functions you could hack (eg IDA won't let you copy the damn export list, so this program saves you having to manually type it all out).  You must copy the exe, and the dll you're anaylsing to a place like C:\- open up cmd (start->run->cmd); then type (if I remember correctly);

cd c:\ [enter]
c:\pedump logs.dll /EXPORTS > logs_funcs.rtf [enter]

This will dump all the functions to a text file called logs_funcs.rtf you can use to mark off hack functions.

Go through that list in wordpad or similar- and one by one; mark off any collision functions (eg. words with COL/collision in them)- by hacking them in autohack to see if you can find the function that calculates collisions.  I will say- there are a lot; but don't be overwhelmed; I went through each one manually and learnt many new things- and became really fast at converting RVA (Relative Virtual Addresses -> IDA Pro) into VA (Virtual Addresses -> where they're actual loaded by Vietcong etc).

So, at each function- overwrite whatever the first instruction is with a retn (return to caller) in an attempt to make it 'do nothing'.  If the game crashes, or something strange happens; you know it is being called- and you need to use the jmp/nop on conditional jumps to anaylise it further.  If adding a retn/changing a conditional jump doesn't seem to have any effect- undo it; and try another.

Obviously, you'll know when you've hit a piece of gold when you fall through the floor (it's like a wall too).  You also need to find the instruction that updates your Z Altitude Co-ordinate and 'lock it' using a to stop this from happening too (hint: use T-search).

There is one final step- but you're intelligent... leave it till last- and it should come about without you requiring any help.

This is when you step out of n00bie territory and start to make really sophisticated hacks.  Ones that require you to use several tools, and all your knowledge- to make several patches, in several places to achieve the end result.

You can do it :)

Subsky

[TKC]Solid Snake

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 11:18:21 pm »
Thanks subsky, I searched the logs_funcs file and copied all the functions with col in their name in a seprate file so I can test them faster. I already went through one fourth of the list, and i found alot of intresting cheats.