Author Topic: ArmA CD-Key Changer  (Read 61194 times)

Pride

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Re: ArmA CD-Key Changer
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2010, 12:38:34 pm »
Also, the string that says that your key isn't valid isn't terminated (ie. They didn't put any \0's after it...) properly, which hides it from your general string search. (Intentional or just bad programming, I don't know!)

(Which is really the wrong way to go about it, in hindsight.)

Also, they wouldn't see the gritty details about that little vulnerability, as it isn't public, MrMedic. (And the offsets were for ArmA 1 as well.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:08:31 pm by Pride »

ediko

• First Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2011, 09:29:23 pm »
I need a little help. So from what I picked up (after reading the thread 3 times or so) there is a string value which shows the key's out of range in the patch. After opening it I found some text file which shows the "bad key" error code- 22. Now the problem is I have no idea in which file I should look for this code. After opening all of them with a notepad I understood that it's not present in any of them, well it probably is hiding there somewhere hidden and encrypted. After looking through all that gibberish I tried some decryption software to make it readable..... no success since I lacked some kind of password (password and bis didn't work  :icon_laugh ).

Then I decided to use some soft to open the patch, I tried PE explorer and FlexHEX, but those got me confused and I didn't find anything in them.

Now please could someone tell me how it's done, or at least point me in the right direction, or at least tell me if I'm on the right track or completely off? This is quite an old game by now, I don't even care about the multiplayer much, I just want to try it without fade.

I can sign a non-disclosure agreement if needed as well.  :icon_biggrin2 Thanks in advance.

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2011, 11:33:58 pm »
Internet Non-Disclosure Agreement :icon_laugh

"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

jihad11

• Online Villain
  • Im a bot DING DONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2011, 04:52:43 pm »
How can i use it for arma 2 ;x ?

jihad11

• Online Villain
  • Im a bot DING DONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2011, 11:56:26 pm »
How can i use it for arma 2 ;x ?

Sopapo

• First Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2011, 01:17:09 am »
Isn't worked anytime.  :icon_mad2

Cryout

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2012, 01:27:53 pm »
Thank you. It has long been sought. Now try to

Moose.nsr

• First Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2015, 12:18:13 am »
Just blowing the dust off this.... Has anyone still got a copy of this or knows a way to generate working keys for a private server?

ThankyouPlease

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2015, 02:49:33 am »
Just blowing the dust off this.... Has anyone still got a copy of this or knows a way to generate working keys for a private server?

ThankyouPlease

Yes.
Look in the DOWNLOAD section for the file.

If your running the server simply change the address to see if key is valid/in use,and direct it to local machine.
Anyone can now join even if they all have the same key.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

FriendsKnow

« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2015, 04:41:11 pm »

ThankyouPlease

Yes.
Look in the DOWNLOAD section for the file.

If your running the server simply change the address to see if key is valid/in use,and direct it to local machine.
Anyone can now join even if they all have the same key.
in other words, simply tell the server to do it for you  :smile

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2015, 09:16:26 pm »
in other words, simply tell the server to do it for you

It's not even that much work.

When the SERVER looks to see if the KEY is either valid or "in use",and it DOES NOT get a "NO" reply from the "key checking address",then it lets you in.

Redirecting that address to your local machine (127.0.0.0) will never return a "No".
You now have a "No Key Server".

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*