Author Topic: VC2 Bansystem  (Read 823 times)

Crossmol

• Heckler
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
VC2 Bansystem
« on: November 02, 2006, 03:09:17 am »
Any one knows how the VC2 bansystem works? What does it ban? I know it's not ip related.
Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow...

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: VC2 Bansystem
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 07:01:31 am »
Well VC2 does have cd-keys.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Crossmol

• Heckler
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 02:01:32 pm »
I don't think they ban on cd-keys. That would give the gameserver admin the god status. CD-keys are usually banned by anti-cheat systems, not by admins.

Micro

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 02:18:32 pm »
u cant be banned in vc2 i heard... the servers arent online or sumthin so no checking keys? and gamespy doesnt ban keys... they were bitchin that the game is dead and they want as many ppl on as possible... otherwise i heard it bans ur hard drives serial number but u can change that with sum program... not to sure on this but yeh lol

Crossmol

• Heckler
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:32:21 pm »
Heared that too, 1 hard drive serial. We tried it yesterday with a hardwarespoofer that spoofs the harddrive and mac, no luck.

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 02:59:52 pm »
Sorry to steer from original topic, but damn- Micro; your Karma is -90, lol...

Shit man, I'd have to congratulate you- that's like... impossible to do, even if someone tried really, really hard.

You've err, earned it?

Subsky

Micro

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 05:08:17 pm »
thanks subsky... i think.. its not like you didnt have anything to do with it lol

now back on topic, crossmol, change ur ip, change ur serial number with this No Offsite Hosting/F75243604B0B1F5F then have a go  :? ... if thats a no go and ur key is banned catch me on msn and ill show you how to give you another 26 keys with the one you already have  :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 05:14:38 pm by Micro »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 10:25:34 pm »
Well Crossmol...ask RS on ICQ how the system bans a person!

Or you can find out by setting up a LAN game,ban the other computer while running a process sniffer to note the changes in the program.

They DO also ban cd-keys via the GS Master key server by flagging them as "in use/un-valid"...but that can be used against people. This works with ALL games that use GS to check if a key is "in use":

Set up a server and let people join...running a simple program that never reports back that the user has EXITED your server.

All the people with a valid key that join will NOT be able to join any other server (even yours if they exit it) until you take yours offline as the GS Master Key Server will think  that the key is  still "in use".

Also the way that GS is detecting servers as being on-line has a very nasty exploit that has never been fixed...servers can be REMOVED from the list it generates to game browsers!
They are still on-line  but they will no longer show in any browser that contacts GS until the next reboot of the server (your server not GS's).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:43:41 pm by ZOldDude »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*