Author Topic: Payback?  (Read 5554 times)

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
Re: Payback?
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2006, 05:44:41 pm »
Everybody cheats, there are only a couple who admit that they are cheating. I myself don't cheat, I only use the possible features of the game  :wink:

Same here....I never cheat...I just do things that are not in the game manual.

Cheating is takeing an unfair advantage in a CONTEST and that I never do.

To cheat, one of it's many meanings:

2. To violate rules deliberately, as in a game.

Vietcong doesn't really have rules, but does has some kind of big major rule, which every game has, and every fair playing player should obey.

It is sort of commonly accepted: 'you should not modify things in the original gameplay. So not use scripts and or use other methods which give you an advantage towards other people who play the game.' So, even dotting is cheating. ;)

You're all (me included) cheaters :P

LazyPig

• Klass Klown
  • Sus scrofa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2006, 07:07:09 pm »
And proud of it .......

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.   (Sir Winston Churchill)

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2006, 07:35:57 pm »
:D

Crossmol

• Heckler
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2006, 11:43:23 pm »
It is sort of commonly accepted: 'you should not modify things in the original gameplay. So not use scripts and or use other methods which give you an advantage towards other people who play the game.' So, even dotting is cheating. ;)

I agree if you call the teleporting a cheat, that's an advantage to the gamer. I do dissagree on the modifying part. Here's why:
People change configs and files to get better framerates, lower/higher CPU usage etc witch is also an advantage to the player, yet it is allowed in games like CoD2 and it will not get you kicked for cheating. Meaning it's a feature, not a cheat! Same as some of our CBF files, also a feature  :wink:
Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow...

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2006, 11:45:02 pm »
That's only cause the anti-cheat detectors are often not good enough ;)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2006, 12:05:48 am »
That's only cause the anti-cheat detectors are often not good enough ;)

I have yet to see an anti-cheat program that works.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

g-spot

• Klass Klown
  • g-sPot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2006, 12:35:28 am »
Big lol, agree on that one.

MonkeyAll3n

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2006, 04:48:34 am »
Vac, Vac2 and Gameguard are (in my eyes) some of the toughest anticheat software, although disablers have been made for both Vac's people are too scared to use them incase it is detected and therefore results in a permanent ban and therefore costing the player money to get a new account. Gameguard is one of the toughest anticheat systems I have come accross, pretty much detects all game-file modifications, and then they just have people going on MPC Downloads or on other cheating sites and updating their software with every bypass, cheat or glitch found by the player. I don't understand the logic behind some of the people who release their working cheat public and then to have it patched by Gameguard within a couple of days leaving them to find another working cheat or bypass :? :? :? :? :?

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2006, 08:20:21 am »
Vac, Vac2 and Gameguard are (in my eyes) some of the toughest anticheat software, although disablers have been made for both Vac's people are too scared to use them incase it is detected and therefore results in a permanent ban and therefore costing the player money to get a new account. Gameguard is one of the toughest anticheat systems...

Trusting 'disablers' is a bad idea- they generally rely on the exact location of some conditional jump instruction somewhere in an specific version of a certain program.  These are almost always updated constantly- often to include detection for the previous 'disabler'.

However, all these anticheat software addins are rendered almost completely useless when a Shadow Walker rootkit is used.  There are currently no publicly availible implementations of the technique (a good thing- sorry, greedy leachers); but some underground hacking groups have realised it's potential to evade direct memory scanning- and so have already developed their own versions.  Hoglund- and some of the rootkit staff used this powerful technique to sneak 'under the radar' of warden (WoW anticheat).  Flawless is a strong word- but not far from the truth...Shadow Walking is a general, portable technique that- when done correctly; hides existing (already detected) trainers from all cheat detection memory scanners.  If someone was to developer their own version- they could run every existing (detected) hack in VAC2 and never EVER have to worry about getting banned on their $4000 account.

Briefly- the method involves modifying the windows memory manager- to swap different physical page frames to virtual ones 'on the fly'- based on the context of the access (read/write or execution)... Very cool idea; check it out at the link above if you're interested :)

Subsky
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 08:27:11 am by Subsky »

MonkeyAll3n

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2006, 08:58:59 am »
Im interested, but no real use in me reading it until I learn basic programming.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2006, 09:26:17 am »
Im interested, but no real use in me reading it until I learn basic programming.

Give it a read.
I scan for rootkits all the time and keep my router right in front of my view to SEE if things are 'using' one of the lines.

Mostly it is just to aleart me to possible rootkits and tunnels,but the method can be used to hide any program,from any scanner,for any number of reasons ....like cheats or "ET Phones".

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*