Author Topic: URGENT ALERT!!!!  (Read 973 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
URGENT ALERT!!!!
« on: September 23, 2006, 12:00:49 am »
The (Z)eroday Emergency Response Team has found a NEW Windows explote that you should add our patch to your OS ASAP!!

This is even worse than the Metafile exploit I warned you about last year and LOTS of websites are already useing this to do "bad things to good people".

For the full write up and how to patch the flaw (no Microsoft fix yet) goto Steve Gibsons wesite:

http://www.grc.com/sn/notes-058.htm

Z
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 05:11:30 pm by Mullah Omar »

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT ALERT!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 10:55:02 am »
"There was an error while trying to patch the DLL!"

cool patch doesnt work for me. i bet its a rootkit or something. the sourcecode is just there to sugerate that its safe to execute the compiled project file.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 08:59:04 pm »
"There was an error while trying to patch the DLL!"

cool patch doesnt work for me. i bet its a rootkit or something. the sourcecode is just there to sugerate that its safe to execute the compiled project file.

Your the only one who has problem running that.

I did not even run it....just un-registered the DLL. Read the artical and try useing that method.
The auto-patch is for people who can't read.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 12:05:57 am »
 10-10-06 NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New 0-day expliot....goto www.grc.com and follow the link to ZERT and install the Z-ERT Protector program. The "bad guys" sale the explotes the DAY that MS comes out with patchs so they can get a full month to infect computers via the web. Also after you install the Z-Protector scan your HD for ROOTKITS. All ADMIN/MODS/DEV-MEMBERS should use patch and scan for rootkits after.

I have TWO Rootkit scanners in the TKC D/L area.

Z

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 02:51:07 am »
10-10-06 NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New 0-day expliot....goto www.grc.com and follow the link to ZERT and install the Z-ERT Protector program. The "bad guys" sale the explotes the DAY that MS comes out with patchs so they can get a full month to infect computers via the web. Also after you install the Z-Protector scan your HD for ROOTKITS. All ADMIN/MODS/DEV-MEMBERS should use patch and scan for rootkits after.

I have TWO Rootkit scanners in the TKC D/L area.

Z

Windows update stilll has no fix for this....install the 3rd party fix!

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 03:17:30 am »
cant find the download link.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 07:49:02 am »
cant find the download link.

Goto www.grc.com and follow the links for the FIRST day that I posted this as per the link. If you have any trouble finding it the d/l or listen to ALL the security audio programs.