Author Topic: Progress  (Read 495 times)

Crossmol

• Heckler
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Progress
« on: May 12, 2006, 01:29:37 pm »

Here's the progress sofar. I made a new ground that's made of shootable glass. The underside of the glass will contain a plain with texture towards the ground (single sided), unshootable. This way you can shoot to the enemies on the ground. They can see you but the can't shoot you this way (I hope). Running on the shootable glass can be achieved by 2 stairs behind each flag under the map. Running under the map will be possible as well.
I hope this will work. If so I'll resize it to fit into other maps as well. When all is finished I'll publish the complete map/source/oct in devsection for all to study or use.

Imagine the enemy can see you but they can't harm you. Some peeps are gonna be pissed  :wink:
Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow...

[TKC]MrPink

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Progress
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 04:39:18 pm »
nice 1 cross bloody good idea me thinks

Taxman

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
    • megacheatz
Progress
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 09:27:43 pm »
That sounds and looks KICK ASS.
Teamspeak 3 Status: Online

connection:

212.187.209.62:9169

AUTO CHAMBER OWNS AUTO BLOCK!

http://megacheatz.net

[TKC]Pink Slink

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Progress
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 06:01:46 pm »
ok, point to watch out, after you finish the terrain,, i find that some reason. certain objects that i have placed in the scene dont either seem to be there or be there, and just useless,,, eg ladders.. Other ones exist in the fabricated level that was used in conjuntion with the original... but.. for certain reasons... not all the objects work. I normally find that it tends to be items which have a rotation of more than "0" in n e direction and mainy the objects which are set above ground or leading out of the terrain...
This i could only finde in the finished level, aseverything seemed normal till then...

Ps Good work mate, and good luck. (wouldnt waste space on the colourful floor... as we wont see it n e way... lol)

cant wait to see what 3dsmax can do.... l8r baby
...Once I was normal....

Crossmol

• Heckler
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Progress
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 08:30:46 pm »
I think this calls for a tut  :wink:
I'll make one when I finish the map. I tried to implent a spot above ground witch is unshootable but see-able. The spot works fine for the 'cheater' but the 'normal gamer' don't have the same collision so he is able to shoot you because he thinks he's shooting in the plain air. Bollox  :cry:

Basicly we can do underground with any map, we even could ajust the standard maps like NVAbase (building a bridge so you can get on top of the ruins or whatever you call it). So many work, so little time  :P
Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow...

n00bly

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
Progress
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 12:46:55 pm »
Yeah the principle works on the fact what you can see you can kill, if they can see you then they can kill you, it works by client sides view. (Dodgey explanation).
DNA is for Hacking Humans

HradBa history

===v206, 2004-10-26 21:00 gmt===

added new detection #151 and #152 for Direct3D altering
Thanks to T@Xman and n00bly for making cheating and vietcong a GAME again.