Author Topic: 3D Mark 05/06 Scores  (Read 4091 times)

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
3D Mark 05/06 Scores
« on: February 14, 2006, 05:37:07 pm »
I wanted to see how much SLI affected my performance so I installed 3D Mark 05 and ran the tests. I got 10147 in SLI, which probably is high lol. I doubt it was a good idea to buy SLI anyway (would be better to buy one new card every second year instead or something). I get around 3000 points more with SLI.

Settings:
1280x1024
4AA
Optimal Filtering
VS, PS 3.
No fixed framerate.

Hardware:
2x 7800GTX (256)
AMD X2 4800+
2 GB ram
A8N-SLI Premium
Win 32 bit (Mark05 crashes on 64)
Cool n' Quiet is on.

Would be interesting to see what an Opteron or FX60 manages to do.
Anyway, show what you get  :wink:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 02:26:29 pm by ZOldDude »
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 04:37:06 am »
What RAM are you useing and clock settings?

Your CPU should be able to run @ 2.7 Ghz on air.

When I have to build another computer I will be useing:

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
OCZ 4000-vx (@ 3.6 volts ddr566/2.2.2.6) 1:1 ratio
AMD Optron (OC'd to 3.4/3.5 Ghz)

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3449&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US

Cooling via a large radiator mounted on the top-outside of my case (uses 3 120mm fans) and a niffty cardboard air channel inside the case (draw cold air in over RAM and all voltage regulators and exit back of case....just tall enough to clear top of RAM).
No warm/hot air inside the case at all.  :wink:

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 05:16:26 am »
I haven't clocked it or anything like that. So they run on 2,4.
Ram is Corsair Twinx2048-3200C2.

I would suggest the A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB instead too:
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=744&l1=3&l2=15&l3=226

Dual x16 (both GFX cards run on x16). Other MBs only offer x8 for each gfx card. It's fanless.

It's also very important to get a good net adapter. The one I got might deliver stable voltages but it sounds like a vacuum cleaner (yea almost). Luckily I got a pair of closed headphones.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 01:34:33 pm »
The only electronic thing that I own and have not mod is my TV set!

All my other boards in past 4 year have been ASUS.

The stock settings for the ram I want is ddr500 @ 3.3 volts.
The MB has 2.4-4.9 volts for ram.....and is layed out very differant from most MB to achive the most out of what you plug into it.

This board and bios is tested to achive fsb of 465 befor EMI leakage even if no ram (DDR1) will go that high.

Also the onboard 7.1 sound is on its own psb so no EMI issue there (it is part of the 6 audio out connectors).

I have no need for 2 gfx cards at my age and eye sight.

It will have to wait untill my 3200+ Barton dies anyhow!

Anyhow back to the topic of the thread...I can't run 3d-05 on this computer for some reason and only have PS 2 so I only get a 3d-06 score of 999 if I recall.

EDIT: Net adaptor....has 2 connectors and controlers that -exceed- a full Gb unlike all other e-connectors that claim to have Gb lan.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

n00bly

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 06:04:36 pm »
:D  Nice choices for new shite Z, although get OCZ Pc-4800 elite addition should o/c alot better and go with dfi but the expert version bit better spacing for some. I have watercooling but soon to acquire a ...

http://www.asetek.com/default.asp?showPage=startside.asp&param=sideid&myvalue=14&contentSection=2&menuID=-1
DNA is for Hacking Humans

HradBa history

===v206, 2004-10-26 21:00 gmt===

added new detection #151 and #152 for Direct3D altering
Thanks to T@Xman and n00bly for making cheating and vietcong a GAME again.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 01:58:03 am »
Well the ram I want sold out the first week it was out in public. :?

Anyhow I like the ram to have lowest pos timeings (very "tight") @ the highest Mhz and still work at cpu/ram ratio of 1:1 thus the OCZ 4000-VX as first pick (DFI MB supports this voltage)....it also keeps the timmings at that speed in T1.

As for the water cooling...I am not planning a buying any companys "kit" as I can gather the parts that I want for under half the price AND have the best cooling.

The cardboard/plastic "wind tunnle" concept can be made in less than an hour by basicly anybody and without extra fans can drop cpu/ram/regulators/chipset temps to about the same as water cooling for FREE.

I will be removing the IHS on the Optron for the wc block!

n00bly

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 10:57:33 am »
:)  That ocz ram i said has 2-2-2-5 timings if uset it too that but why have tight timings wen this ram o/c's excellently. I have now waiting in a cart ready to buy. What ram were u after? Yeah i built my own watercooling also. Although the fountain pump blew up a few weeks ago :(  lasted 8 months tho of 24/7 usage.

HradBa history

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 02:58:17 pm »
Well at one time in the last 10 years I worked for the largest feed/pet supply company in the western USA......I think I know the pump I want to use (and can get it 50% off). Same with the other parts.

The RAM thing ....I perfer after study to have the OCZ 4000-VX but it is sold out. It may never be for sale again as the IC chips had been "CHERRY PICKED" from the normal ones to give low timeings @ high Mhz but @ that high voltage and still keep a T1 command.

I will (when the time comes) use my currant 3200 XL untill I could buy  better....aka low-tight clocks @ higher Mhz.

The DFI board I spoke about however is still the BOMB as it lets the builder get the maximum out of the parts installed on it,whatever they may be, and also provides the best layout for air-ram cooling of the "hot" parts.

Altho it sells for about $40 USD less than the top ASUS board...it is not for the average person....but for those who wish to fine tune the system and get the most out of whatever parts they install.

Typicly (spl?) the parts that fail on any PCB are the cap's....this board uses ONLY Japan made caps of the highest lvl.
If you Google you can find alot of refurbished ASUS/ABIT/GIG'/TYAN mb's that have had the caps replaced.............not a DFI.

EDIT: The RAM must keep a T1 command set @ low timeings/high Mhz and also keep a 1:1 ratio in my mind. CPU clock multipler will deal with other issues. The system I aim for yields 33% overclock with  about 1/3 less price yet 100% duty cycle of an FX-57 at small OC.
939 pin Optron server chips are the shit-to-get.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 04:33:33 pm »
As well made as this DFI MB is a few simple further improvements can be made.

To improve the NF4 chipset-to-heatsink do this (applies to ALL NF4 MB's):
http://www.angrygames.com/chipset_clean-1.htm

If you are using a 7800GTX-256/512  (these GFX PSB's are extra long and chip set  cooler is in the way...common to many MB's) use/do this:
http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29_46&products_id=87  

NOTE: I would like to see a better "flow" enginiered (spl?) but this is the best heat transfer that fits so far....that you can buy.

Like so:

Other angle view:

Trying to stay @ the top of everything is only a game. In about three months the first AMD 65nm socket-F (1024 pin) chips with Z-RAM for cashe will hit the streets....in 2007 nobody will want less.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 04:12:06 am »

n00bly

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 05:44:16 am »
:shock:  Beat my Ocz 4800 im impressed,

HradBa history

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 08:04:56 am »
Like I said these things change faster than a person can keep up with them. The top of the line stuff is about 1/3 less price the year after it comes out in alot of cases as well.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 09:47:49 am »
That kind of Ram (4800 too) should be ideal for trainermaking, where you need to scan the ram for values.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 11:53:46 am »
(new system and 3DMark06....need to d/l the '05/'03)

(7900GT is set @ 552/1642....no volt mod and auto OC'ed....for now)

Well without tweeking the ram I ran at at 275 fsb befor I got my first error in the sp2004 memory test.

Same fsb with cpu running @ 2.750 Ghz showed no errors (750Mhz OC @ 1:1 ratio).

Just finnished a 3DMark06 @ 250 fsb (cpu @ 2.5Ghz) and got a score of 5337 in 1224x768 @ 60Hz on a 7 year old CRT.

ROOM TEMP 20 C

Max temps:

GFX 42 C (3DMark06)
CPU 33 C (SupperPi)
PWMIC 25 C (SuperPi)
Chipset 34 C (SuperPi)

Now Idle at:

GFX 37
CPU 22C
PWMIC 23 C
Chipset 30 C

Looks like my ideas on air cooling work well so far.

I need to tweek the ram and try to get no errors @ 280+ Mhz as the cpu can keep up.

All voltages are at stock.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
3D Mark 05 Scores
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 08:29:16 pm »
Cool temperatures :)

I get around 45 C for both of the gfx cards.
CPU and chipset usually around 35 C

Room temperature is 21 C (but my comp almost works as room heating lol). What concerns me most is the noise. Luckily I got Qfan + quiet n' cool enabled, but still it's way too loud. My closed headphones solve the prob though.