Author Topic: The last US fansite  (Read 720 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
The last US fansite
« on: February 11, 2006, 12:16:04 pm »
http://vietcong2.lobogames.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=2002#2002

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: vc2 installing  

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi every time i get done installing the first disk it says put the second disk in which i do then ones i do that it says you have put the wrong diskin then it tells me to put #1 back in when i do that it just reinstalls disk one
does anybody eles have same problem. ty  

forrest747
Private E-2

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: vc2 installing  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think others have overcome this problem by copying both installation disks to your hard drive and running your install program from there. I think this is what I have read on these and other Vietcong forums.

Hope this helps you.  

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: vc2 installing  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were you I would just return the game,tell them it won't install and ask for a refund (you have the 5 cd US version) as 50,000 others here in the US have done already back the first month when the game came out.

On the weekends less than 50 people are playing,the publisher is about to go bankrupt and under the FTC's eye,no other publisher wants to buy them out and Board members are quiting

The developers are no longer a company and everyone including the owner now work dirrectly for Illusion software. The website they have will expire next year and it does not look like they will bother to renew the URL. It really does not look like there will be any support for this game from the developers.

I find it interesting that you even found a US copy to buy as all the outlets had so many complaints (just like the one you have) that they all sent back thier copys for refunds from the jobers the first month.

There are no servers in the US/Canada or fansites that support this game,they all closed 1st of this month due to no players/lack of interest in the game and no hope of renting servers to the public (except for the fact this site is -hosted- in Texas).

VC1 on the other hand still has about 900 players...most not in the US unless you like coop play,which in that case has 2-3 servers.

Myself I find VC1 to be more fun than VC2....and I run a part time VC2 "cracked" server that anyone can join so that speaks loudly from the point of view of a long time VC-head and supporter.  

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Oynky

• Banned
  • The Central Committee
  • Master Heckler
  • 6f 6d 67 68 61 78
    • View Profile
    • Teamkill and cheat community
The last US fansite
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 11:50:30 pm »
I Seriously cant explain it better then he can,
damn he is So right.

Crossmol

• Heckler
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
The last US fansite
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 04:51:23 am »
Nah, VC2 is the best game ever made. Over 1200 players every night and Cinderella is my girlfriend  :wink:
Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow...

[TKC]Snake

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
The last US fansite
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 12:13:21 am »
Since I took no interest whatsoever in VC2, I have no idea if Crossmols's sarcasm is genuine.....

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
The last US fansite
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 04:21:17 am »
Quote from: [TKC]Snake
Since I took no interest whatsoever in VC2, I have no idea if Crossmols's sarcasm is genuine.....

I howerver am sure that it is.

Interesting that withen about 2 mins of my "cracked server" goining up that the amount of world-wide VC2 players tends to gain almost a full  25%.

My server hosts only a few people. :roll:

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

hoax-ravenheckler

• Master Heckler
  • Still the same old
    • View Profile
The last US fansite
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 08:33:45 pm »
TKC survived, is it worth a party?
There's never time to do things right, but there's always time to do it over.