Author Topic: install error  (Read 989 times)

nightmare

• Poptart
    • View Profile
install error
« on: November 29, 2005, 02:41:42 am »
Hi,I just bought the goty of ofp and so I removed the older version and started installing the goty,however,when It is suppose to ask me for the 3rd disc it gives a write error and crashes.Anyone know what might be wrong?   :?  :(
pie rocks

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: install error
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 06:44:43 am »
Quote from: nightmare
Hi,I just bought the goty of ofp and so I removed the older version and started installing the goty,however,when It is suppose to ask me for the 3rd disc it gives a write error and crashes.Anyone know what might be wrong?   :?  :(

I suppose reinstalling does no good...return the game for anoter fresh copy as you may have a bad disk.

Or download it. :roll:

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
install error
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 09:45:37 am »
It could be something else too. It should state read error or sth if it had to do with the disk, but probably they just write write error.

I had a scratchy disk once, and installation worked after a few tries.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Death

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
install error
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 02:53:18 pm »
the same thing happened with my goty version. Most of the files will be installed yeah? the exe etc, patch the exe to 1.96 and it will say that certain files are missing or corrupt, you have to go into your second disk and copy each of those files across manually, then your ofp will run fine.

nightmare

• Poptart
    • View Profile
install error
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 08:18:33 pm »
I took your advice in mind and made a backup copy of disc 2.It worked like a charm yay :D

To bad my bro(the game would install on his pc without problems :/ ) got me banned on some servers already cause I din't knew hot to hide that cheat for him.Oh well,guess ill have to find a way to change my id :D

Thanks guys

greets

MPC-nightmare.
pie rocks

.Chapter.4

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.farementocity.com
install error
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 09:42:27 am »
Sigh, yes that happen to me before i had a diffrent way to fix it though

--- IM BACK!!---