Author Topic: network problems with vc  (Read 1256 times)

[TKC]MrPink

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« on: November 11, 2005, 06:13:20 pm »
hope some 1 can help me i have just got a belkin cable router and i have got it working fine..... but i have 2 problems i can host vc and no 1 can join ????   and i cant get both my computers in the same vc room????   i know how to get in to my router settings i just dont know what to change can any 1 help??

LazyPig

• Klass Klown
  • Sus scrofa
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 07:21:37 pm »
At a minimum, you need to open the following TCP/UDP ports for your firewall: 5425 and 15425. See below. The GameSpy server uses port 28900.

3783 (Voice Chat Port for LAN use)
27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
28900 (Master Server List Request)
29900 (GP Connection Manager)
29901 (GP Search Manager)
13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
15425 (Vietcong Server)
6515 (Dplay UDP)
6500 (Query Port)
5425 (Default VC port)

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.   (Sir Winston Churchill)

[TKC]MrPink

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 07:41:13 pm »
any 1 explain how i do this sorry guys

i have got this far i just need to know what to change and what to put in plz look at the pic

[img=http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2650/untitled7iz1.th.png]

LazyPig

• Klass Klown
  • Sus scrofa
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 09:35:25 pm »
Ok enabled must be checked, description is just what it says.
inbound port and private port must be the same (inbound is what comes in from the internet and private is the port used at your pc and unless in some special cases is always the same)
Type: Put on both
And private ip adress is the ip of your computer, you can get it by opening command prompt (Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\command prompt) and typing "ipconfig" (without "")
Do that for all ports you want to forward and you should be able to host a game. :P

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.   (Sir Winston Churchill)

[TKC]MrPink

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 09:37:59 pm »
thx m8 but im still a bit lost could you take a look at the pic i posted and add the bits i need and re host it so i dont mess it up cheers m8

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
network problems with vc
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 11:24:35 pm »
RUN>CMD>IPCONFIG.....will list the IP of that computer (may change on reboot if you have more than one computer connectecd)

Now....open the routers browser and find the page that says DMZ and tell it the address of your server computer.
This in effect puts THAT computer befor the router.

Use your SOFTWARE FIREWALL so you don't run 100% nakid on the internet on that computer.

This is the way I run my own computer on my LAN.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]MrPink

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 01:03:34 am »
ok i changed the ports to 5425 and 15425 that is cool i can get both pcs in to 1 server now but i can host and no 1 can come in including my other pc any 1 know why??

LazyPig

• Klass Klown
  • Sus scrofa
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 01:13:49 am »
The ones I gave you before:
Quote from: LazyPig
At a minimum, you need to open the following TCP/UDP ports for your firewall: 5425 and 15425. See below. The GameSpy server uses port 28900.

3783 (Voice Chat Port for LAN use)
27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
28900 (Master Server List Request)
29900 (GP Connection Manager)
29901 (GP Search Manager)
13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
15425 (Vietcong Server)
6515 (Dplay UDP)
6500 (Query Port)
5425 (Default VC port)

[TKC]MrPink

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 01:18:21 am »
so open 27900 to 29901???

LazyPig

• Klass Klown
  • Sus scrofa
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 02:02:41 am »
No open all the ports (10)
On my router it looks like this:

start-end is the same as your inbound and for private port you use the same numbers, so on every line you must enter those ports 4 times.

[TKC]MrPink

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 03:08:54 am »
i cant do both on my protocol which shall i choose??

LazyPig

• Klass Klown
  • Sus scrofa
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 03:26:05 am »
Not sure but I think most of them are tcp ports unless there is udp in the name like " 13139 (Custom UDP Pings) "
I got this list myself from http://vietcong.lobogames.com/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=22&categories=Vietcong+FAQ+by+NASA#167
In worst case you have to do every port twice, once for tcp and once for udp OR you could do what Z says and look for DMZ in your router and enable that,  that way you can forget about port forwarding because all ports are forwarded to your computer. I would do this only while gaming and put it back afterwards but that's just a personal preference.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
network problems with vc
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 06:06:23 am »
Pink,
I told you how to do it. If you can't follow the other method as well as my much eazyer way way then just give up now.

Both will work.
My way is alot easyer and just as safe on top of that.

If you follow either way and you want the other computers on LAN to see you as well as those on the internet...most LAN users look via LAN to see the host from same IP.

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]MrPink

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
network problems with vc
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 01:15:29 pm »
z i have done what you said and what lazy pig said and yes i can get both comps into the same room no problem the thing is i can host a game but no 1 can join

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
network problems with vc
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 02:00:22 pm »
How do you know they can not join?
We are talking about a game that almost a full month after it went on sale has under 60 people playing at any time of the day.

Z