Author Topic: client ban on vc 2  (Read 1417 times)

[TKC]MrPink

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
client ban on vc 2
« on: September 20, 2005, 11:08:23 pm »
anyway around this as im banned from a non secured server and its the only 1 left so cant use any cheats anymore>< unless any 1 can tell me any that works on secured servers if not off back to vc1 for me lol

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
client ban on vc 2
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 12:34:12 am »
I don't know about the demo but the retail of VC2 will ban both key and HD ser#.

The old VC made a "number" at random when you first installed it and saved that ID # both in a file and as a reg key. If one got deleated it would reinstall from the other....deleating the game and reinstalling would not unban you. The way to unban was to deleat BOTH of thes key #'s and then reboot.....the UNBAN just generates a random ID# every sec so no reboot was needed.

With the retail of VC2 you can use the same idea and spoof the key and HD ser #.....if you get banned they will be banning random #'s and you can always still connect to a online server list and play.

Have you tryed to reinstall or install the game on another drive?
Have you changed you IP?
Have you changed your MAC on the e-card?

Have you thought of just HOSTING the game (you can use the nade/bombs and all weapon scripts even with HB on).

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

RainerStoff

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
client ban on vc 2
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 11:59:31 am »
http://www.tkc-community.net/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=39299#39299
google for it, it is NOT the same as what pb is banning.
i have been banned hundreds of times, i dont think theres ip banning.

joeb1

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
client ban on vc 2
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 01:43:27 pm »
i used to have a program on my old computer years ago that would create a snapshot of the registry and entire harddrive before and after and monitor a program to see which files it interacts with and creates

i used that program to figure out how admins in an online game called "infantryzone" banned people (got banned for using speedhack, this is when it first came out lol), a hidden file on the c:\ root directory, but they also IP banned, luckily i was on dialup

i dont remember what that program was called but it would be good to use it with the VC2 demo to find out if it inserts any hidden regkeys or files to ban people

RainerStoff

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
client ban on vc 2
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 05:02:00 pm »
they dont store or retrieve anything out of the registry (directly) as far as i know, they just get the volume serial number from the first harddrive they find, starting from c: and encrypt/hash it in some way, everytime you connect to a server. So it not possible to overwrite a data value in memory all the time, line in vc1.
and btw. 'Advanced Registry Tracer' is a good tool to monitor registry changes.

joeb1

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
client ban on vc 2
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 05:35:57 am »
is that why the "taurine hard drive spoofer" doesnt work for the vc2 ban

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
client ban on vc 2
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 12:23:50 am »
Change the HD's VOLUME # for the servers that have you banned.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*