Author Topic: Repacking CBF files  (Read 17269 times)

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 03:31:11 pm »
Quote from: H47cH
First of all, I'd like to thank TheJoker for the TC plugin.

I'm working on a mod too. But as I try to repack the file in a proper CBF, instead of having a cbf file around 500 Mo, I'm getting a cbf bigger than 1.5 Go.

What I made :
1/ Loading TC
2/ Configuration > Options > WCX configuration > Plugins > [CONFIGURE]
I write ".cbf" (without quotes) in the field and in New type : CBF.wcx
3/ In the left part of TC, I go to the folder where I extracted and modified the files from vc2onlinedemo.cbf
I select them all so that folders and files are in red
4/ Pack > I give a name to the future cbf. The command line looks like that :
cbf:z:\vc2.cbf
"Also pack path names (only recursed)" and "Recursively pack subdirectories" are checked.
5/ [OK]

And then... 1.6 Go...
Any clue ?

Well from what I see it adds another 100mb for some reason, never seen it add THAT much size though  :shock:

Cant help you though, sorry.

funnyclown11

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 05:14:33 pm »
Wot does it mean when it says

You cannot move or copy more than one file to a single file!

???

someone

Rav3n

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 11:32:36 pm »
this doesnt work for 1.01    you can repack the cbf files but they come out smaller than they should and when you put them in the VC folder and try to load vc it says that files are missing but they are there when i pack em so wot    
the fuck is happening?  also when i unpack the CBF files using CBFEXT.exe they come out too small

Free Rapidshare Prem Accounts
http://rapidshare dot com/files/111551586/Free-PremAccs.rar

Rav3n

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Hmmmmmmmmmm
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 07:00:24 pm »
OK    after  you have unpacked the CBF files modded them & REPACKED them do you just put them back in the VC folder copying over the original??

My problem so far is ive extracted the Vietcong_eu_01.CBF modded it and repacked it i place it in the vc folder and when i try to load i get an error message saying  it cant find the DEV/setup.tga and another message basically it cant find the graphics for the SETUP menu but they are there i checked them.

HOW do U as in TKC members who have done this do it?? do you unpack all files and repack them?? along with the exe? does the exe have to be moddeD?  

DAMN almost there  it gets to the Gathering sign and then crashes any IDEAS???

hotdog

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 08:20:53 pm »
Well what i did....is extracted ever CBF in my vc folder...stuck them into a separate folder then put my normal cbfs back in..now i can mod and tweak the ini and shit of then extracted game then repack as a cbf and drag into my vc folder....and usually its undetected its hella lot easier than extracting and repacking becuase its usually detected
-Dont Hate The Player..Hate The Game-

Rav3n

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 10:11:31 pm »
HUH???   WTF does that mean???   do you play 1.6 or 1.01???

i unpacked the vietcong_eu_01.cbf file and modified some files then repacked it (came out 1.2 GB) and put it back in my vc folder but the game wont load past  "Gathering"  i have sound at the beginning but it just crashes .

The modified Setup to extract and TC to Repack if anyone has another prog that will repack CBF files can i have it please?

ive even tried just unpacking the vietcong_eu_01.cbf file and repacking it without mods and it still doesnt work so if someone out there has got it working id like to know thanks

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 12:40:38 am »
Quote from: Rav3n
i have sound at the beginning but it just crashes .

This is some more buggy programing they never wanted to fix.

Load the games setup menu...change screen res and then restart the game. Should play again.

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Rav3n

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 01:47:41 am »
OH  i think you mean when it gets stuck in the taskbar when you have it windowed ..

Im talking about the game not loading after unpacking modding and repacking the vietcong_eu_01.cbf this is the only one i extract and i just put it back in the folder and the game starts and i can SEE the gathering sign and watch the Pterodon thing come up but it wont load the singleplayer, multiplayer, options etc menu just closes itself

any ideas ??????

i cant belive how much trouble im having with this ...

ARTMONEY is cool!! vc on US side and  i done some weapon hacks through that on 1.01 had the M50cal gun and 2 sniper rifles plus my M16<,,,,  and guess wot the HOST wouldnt kick me  cause he wanted them TOOOOO  LOL

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 03:45:37 am »
Yeh....try doing as I said.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

hellboy2

Repacking CBF files
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 03:16:08 pm »
can u send the link again for the CBF thing ???   it says  it cannot be found :(    plz do

[TKC] IC3M@N

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net/Main
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 03:32:45 pm »
Here is the cbf plugin for total commander (extract, repack, blablabla)

and

The dds plugin for photoshop (skinhacking)

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=106348

[TKC] Ic-3™... Good Cheat&Fun...

Rav3n

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
ZOLDUDE
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 05:34:43 pm »
YEAH i tried it anyway  every resolution  fullscreen windowed nothing works

i can unpack and repack but then the game doesnt load

SEE ABOVE POST BY ME!

IM WORKING ON 1.01
you have the unpacking and repacking posts but no explanation of wot to do after im almost there but need some help if anyone has had the same problems after repacking and placing in the VC folder then i wanna know

AND YES IVE SEARCHED FORUMS EVEN THE OLD VC DEV SECTION (MULLAH LET ME)  and still nothing.

hellboy2

Repacking CBF files
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 06:33:03 pm »
cheers iceman  got it to work i am going to try the 50 bullet cheat :)  how much do u pay 4 a wallhack ??

owen

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 01:19:11 pm »
how you get winhex

n00b

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Repacking CBF files
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2006, 05:04:41 pm »
hi,
i repacked all the cbf files, the game started  :) , i joined a server and then i had to download hradba again. now it says hradba ini failed. Does anyone know how to fix it???
 i think its something with the versions of vc, because the colors etc have changed
:)