Author Topic: Maphacks in 1.96..........did they think they could stop us?  (Read 6913 times)

Major Pain

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Maphacks in 1.96..........did they think they could stop us?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2004, 10:38:25 am »
Yea i made it a read only.  It still downloaded the map at the launch of the game and used it.  but when i went back to look for it in the file it was still only my cheat map.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2004, 06:03:59 pm »
If you make direct changes on the map, like adding triggers and removing buildings it wont work. You need to do everythingin a script.
The game downloads the map, but keeps the scripts you've got.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Major Pain

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2004, 07:10:49 pm »
So dont modify the mission.sqs?  Or you can just dont remove scripts that do woth buildings.

Also, when I logged on to a server it still sent my missions to the MPMissionscache folder instead of my cheat folder.  Do i need to make the .exe read only also?

[TKC]Hubertus

• SCP Developer
  • Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2004, 07:23:23 pm »
The server will always send it to mpmissionscache. You want him to do so, because the game will check if there is a modified version in mpmissionscache. Put your maphack into the new folder and make it read-only....

Major Pain

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2004, 08:50:54 pm »
It still uses the map from MPMissinsCache on the server.

I moded the .exe and made a file of the same name for my map hacks.  What am i doing wrong?

I cant think of anything i missed.  I put my cheat map in the cache file to make sure it works and it does.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2004, 09:17:35 pm »
Any mods to the mission.sqm won't effect. You got to call scripts from the init.sqs. And then find the respawn script or part and mod it also.

Major Pain

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2004, 09:27:00 pm »
Right,  I put scripts in the init.sqs for my cheat.  What part of the respawn script do you have to mod?

Like I said if i put my cheat map in the cache folder it works.  I think my problem is its not going to my cheat folder even though i have modified my exe.

Major Pain

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2004, 11:46:09 pm »
Im using 1.94 and the is only one MPMissionsCache in the entie exe.  Is there something else that needs modified in the exe?

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2004, 12:53:39 am »
You should just put the addaction [call script] in the init. you got to use external scripts you compile with a texteditor and save as "all files" and with the extension .sqs . Try your maps in the edior first.

THe exe is enough to modify.

Major Pain

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2004, 01:06:45 am »
The maps work.  I tried them. They are read only.  But when i log on to a server it still uses the map from the cache not my cheats folder.  Even though i have modified the exe.  Perhaps you could give a step by step to modifying the exe.  Im surre i did i t right but its not working.  

i used the hex... found the MPMissionsCache script line.  Theres only 1.

Changed it the MPMissionsCheat.   Made the MPMissionsCheat folder in in the OFP folder and put my maps in there..

I log on to server and it uses the map in the cache .  I used script only in my map.  I did not use the mission.sqs

[TKC] maphax

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2004, 06:40:14 pm »
does this fucking thing work or what?

i done all and nothing!

my maps work on 1.94 and 1.91 but i make the mpmissioncheat and edit in text tool serached many times for other mpmissions strings none found so i reckon i done it thenmade the folder put my map hacks in it took them out of the mpmissionscache i made the map hacks write protect it downloads map on servers but it dont use my map hack.............

maybe hubertus u have done somethign elsebefore u done the hex tool and we r missing it because i have had 2 people trying there hardest to get this working with me and no luck?????
[TKC] MAPHAX  AT URE SERVICE

aaa

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2004, 07:19:46 pm »
hey, ive tried this and it didnt work for me??

i hacked the exe and changed the MPMissionsCache to MPMissionsChets, both are 15 characters long. I then made the folder name in my ofp directory as mPMissionsChets. I put my hacked maps in that folder. Right-clicked on the hacked map and ticked "read-only".

It works when i play it on my own server ("multiplayer" then "new" in-game). But when i connect to a dedicated server it doesnt work, i have to re-download the map.

note: The hacked map IS write-protected and is located in my hacked folder (MPMissionsChets). And the original un-hacked map is located in my MPMissionsCache.

What am i doing wrong?

does the hacked map and the original map have to be the same size?

aaa

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2004, 01:24:27 am »
ps. ive replied for the ofp development section, im currently working on some new script and some more exe hacks. Should crack them pretty soon, however 2 heads are better than one as they say

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2004, 01:34:22 am »
Quote from: aaa
hey, ive tried this and it didnt work for me??

i hacked the exe and changed the MPMissionsCache to MPMissionsChets, both are 15 characters long. I then made the folder name in my ofp directory as mPMissionsChets. I put my hacked maps in that folder. Right-clicked on the hacked map and ticked "read-only".

It works when i play it on my own server ("multiplayer" then "new" in-game). But when i connect to a dedicated server it doesnt work, i have to re-download the map.

note: The hacked map IS write-protected and is located in my hacked folder (MPMissionsChets). And the original un-hacked map is located in my MPMissionsCache.

What am i doing wrong?

does the hacked map and the original map have to be the same size?

There is no size check. Did you name the directory to mPMissionsChets you say?

aaa

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2004, 01:46:39 am »
yes, so i have two folders one MPMissionsCache and my hacked folder MPmissionsChets, my hacked map is write-protected, when i connect to a server i dont re-download the map anymore. But my game game still runs the map in my MPMissionsCache not my MPMissionsChets.