Author Topic: Converter for windows registry values  (Read 720 times)

su13zer0

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Converter for windows registry values
« on: July 04, 2004, 10:07:19 am »
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.  Was wondering if anyone knows how to convert the 15 hex values in the windows registry to the cd-key.  

thx

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 12:34:16 pm »
to the cd-key? why would you like to do that?
Noone has done that here, but if you want you could find the function that calls RegCreateKeyExA call from the setup.exe and later calculates the regnumber. There you should be able to view how the calculation is performed, and if you know ow to program you could basically reverse the instructions to use in your program. You could use softice or ollydbg for that. Softice might be easier to use here.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

su13zer0

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 04:13:17 am »
Does someone have an algorithm on how ofp converts the hex values from the registry file to an id?

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 03:02:49 am »
That's another thing. I was working on it before I went on vacation, I will resume the project as soon as I'm back.

The game reads the ID when the app starts. So you could open a debugger and put a breakpoint at Regopenkeyexa (or similiar). There you should be able to find the algorithm in assembler.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

su13zer0

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 04:15:56 pm »
Mullah, I been fiddling around with OllyDBG and have noticed the id formed as one of the last procedures when starting ofp.  Very possible it figure it out, just very time consuming if your not used to looking at such things such as the id algorithm.  I know how to disable the serial check.  I can play with the hacked exe without any problems.  I can insert any hex values in the registry file and will get an id, but it is totally obivous it is fake  ex. 82920102931.   Locating the particular part of the id algorithm is sorta easy.  I just am not familiar with all that's possible with OllyDBG and doing what i want to do.  Haven't even used it a week and disabled the serial check so who knows.