Author Topic: New method to hide files from file checks  (Read 6267 times)

logilor

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
New method to hide files from file checks
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2005, 07:53:54 pm »
Quote from: Louden
I had merged 100% hidden before I reinstalled for new cheat pack, the thing is I cant remember excatly how I did it, before reinstall my exe was really modified heavily.

This is easy. Don't you remind to hex edit the exe and simply name the merged path to whatever you want?

Spacker

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2005, 08:12:50 pm »
can i HEX EDIT the merged.pbo itself or is it HWTL folder?

i tried this b4 it didnt work...

can you show me how it works again to do the hex editor on the merged.pbo?

logilor

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2005, 08:42:27 pm »
Watch the 0.9 threads anywhere there it is described I think.

Louden

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2005, 10:28:16 pm »
Quote from: logilor
I had merged 100% hidden before I reinstalled for new cheat pack, the thing is I cant remember excatly how I did it, before reinstall my exe was really modified heavily.

This is easy. Don't you remind to hex edit the exe and simply name the merged path to whatever you want?

Not 100% effective at all.
Blow me.

Spacker

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2005, 02:58:59 am »
still waiting for BLUEGRASS to see if he can hide merged.pbo

Louden

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2005, 03:38:20 am »
You wont be able to hide it with this program I dont think, You cant hide it at start up because ofp needs to load it into memory, after that hiding it makes no difference as it was loaded into memory at start up.
Blow me.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2005, 04:54:25 am »
Cant things be loaded into a PART of ram (like a ramdrive) and thus in "memory" but outside of the program area per say and then injected when needed?

I used a simular method to run my pirate BBS back in the 80's when computers only had 64K of ram.....altho cheating was not the idea back then.

Just an idea here. :idea:

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

logilor

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2005, 01:08:33 pm »

What do you mean with it? Do you change other things too?

.Chapter.4

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.farementocity.com
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2005, 02:07:49 pm »
i added bluegrass im fuzzyduck

Louden

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2005, 06:47:31 pm »

What do you mean with it? Do you change other things too?

Yeah, I cant remember what though.
Blow me.

logilor

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2005, 11:30:12 am »
Any how this new method seems to be useless at all. Better way to rename the files like cheatpack does. If everyone renames its files we would all be undetectable. But I think the 1.23 will do it that way ;)

[TKC]Lasher

• Heckler Apprentice
  • IWHBYD
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2005, 12:17:27 pm »
interesting...it does work!!
Whenever work feels overwhelming, just remember that you are going to die.

Death

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2005, 03:42:25 pm »
there are several ideas that i have had on the topic. Ive renamed all of the hex strings in the exe to point to a different merged directory, this stops the res/dta/hwtl/merged.pbo showing up on the filecheck, but now the new patch detects the checksum of the exe, which files are loaded into the internal memory, so it will detect which merged is being run by the exe, and the modified files within that file.

So i was wondering if anothercheater or hubertus (or anyone else with enough knowledge) had the time to work a way of making a new merged file. All that would have to be done is to go into the data3d.pbo and add to the models using odolexploror, add another texture ontop of the current textures applied, as it is, for the soldiers, there are 2 textures applied to the models, the normal skin, and the merged.pbo. All that would have to be done would add a new texture file ontop of the textures eg, "colours.pbo" and then repbo the data3d.pbo. Then in the hex of the exe, add some new lines of script, repeating the "merged.pbo" script, but changing it to "colours.pbo". Then in the res/dta/hwtl folder there would be a "colours.pbo" aswell, which would be another texture, treated the same way as merged.pbo. Except, this time it would be easily changed, because the hex in the exe could be changed easily. so people could rename the pbo as they wish