Author Topic: How to crash an OFP server  (Read 7407 times)

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
How to crash an OFP server
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2005, 01:44:33 am »
Maybe you don't know your own rules, so:

TKC?s Stance On Server Crashing

We want to be very clear on this issue. TKC has never publicly made available any program or hack that made it possible to crash a game server. Programmers within TKC did develop such a program for Vietcong at one point, however as previously noted it was never made available for download to the general public. Only a handful of individuals had access to it, and those that did rarely ever used it. The only servers that were ?attacked? were those run by clans who had previously attempted to sabotage TKC in one way or another.

Server crashing is one act that TKC agrees can destroy a game. Only in extreme cases, such as when others jeopardize the welfare of our community do we consider using this drastic measure as an act of defense. No type of server crashing software will ever be made publicly available on TKC.

Yes, in fact you haven't published any software for cracking the server. Just because this way how to crash server doesn't need any extra software. So this little difference (in fact meaningless) is enough for you to satisfy yourselfs?

What if somebody posts on this forum link to a software that can crash server, will you delete the link?
If not, you will break your policy (second red sentence).
If yes, tell me what is the difference between posting a link to a SW and posting instructions how to make it without SW?

joeb1

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Re: How to crash an OFP server
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 01:55:16 am »

This is the kind of shit I'm talking about.  Everything was all find and dandy when it was subtle cheating:  ammo cheats, wall hacks etc.  At least then, we could still play the game!

This new level of sabotage is truly pointless as NOONE gets to play, not even you so called "game prolongers".  And if laughing at the demise of a dozen people who have been waiting a while for a game is an academic purpose in your eyes, then you are one fucked up person.

Seriously, go back to the subtle cheats.  It's seems to me that would be more fun than ending a game before it starts.  Then again, you guys never make sense, and contradict yourselves with every statement.

And joeb, your "it's possible, so dont get mad at us if we do it" attitude is ridiculous.  There's a lot of things that are possible, but people dont do it because it's fucked up.  It's possible for your head to explode if a bullet hits it, but does that mean it is my responsibility to put a bullet in your brain?  Maybe that would help you think a little clearer.

Actually I agree with you that subtle cheating is better than just ruining the game, use the cheats to your advantage and enjoy them for longer

on the other hand these powerful game "ruining" features are needed and can be effectively used to punish some servers and people that are booting you for no reason and engaging in clique like behavior, some people on ofp deserve to have their games ruined and servers crashed, just like the server crash method, it can be effectively used to punish servers that treat users unfairly

I encourage all users here to punish those servers that act in an unfair manner, just pm me for more information

We don't confirm to your perverted standards of online gaming enjoyment "disappointed". we want to enjoy our game to its full limits which includes addons like the supercheat.  we are also fighting the dictator like rule and actions of people like malboeuf who threatens and harasses users and acts like he is indeed a dictator

if it wasnt for malboeufs attitude i would have probably lost interest in cheating in ofp by now

but people like malboeuf need to be taught  a lesson, him and his band of thugs

we will fight people like malboeuf, thanks to malboufs violent and bullying mentality and attitude, there will be a lot more cheaters on ofp in the next few weeks..count on it

the more you threaten and try to intimidate the harder we will fight back, you will learn this eventually

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 03:44:23 am »
Quote from: Solomon

We want to be very clear on this issue. TKC has never publicly made available any program or hack that made it possible to crash a game server. Programmers within TKC did develop such a program for Vietcong at one point, however as previously noted it was never made available for download to the general public. Only a handful of individuals had access to it, and those that did rarely ever used it. The only servers that were ?attacked? were those run by clans who had previously attempted to sabotage TKC in one way or another.

Server crashing is one act that TKC agrees can destroy a game. Only in extreme cases, such as when others jeopardize the welfare of our community do we consider using this drastic measure as an act of defense. No type of server crashing software will ever be made publicly available on TKC.

Yes, in fact you haven't published any software for cracking the server. Just because this way how to crash server doesn't need any extra software. So this little difference (in fact meaningless) is enough for you to satisfy yourselfs?

What if somebody posts on this forum link to a software that can crash server, will you delete the link?
If yes, tell me what is the difference between posting a link to a SW and posting instructions how to make it without SW?

It is good to see that somebody reads things around here.

Now re-read it and pay attention to what it says...not what you want it to say.

Z

PS: I think the first post in this thread is reporting a BUG in the game. Feel free to pass it on to the game maker.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

(RN) Malboeuf

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 04:28:02 am »
you have still yet to crash our server :)

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2005, 04:53:15 am »
do you really want that?

joeb1

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 07:12:37 am »
why crash roughnecks server? its where  all the new cheaters are going to test their undetected cheats in the future

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 12:55:47 pm »
Quote from: ZOldDude

It is good to see that somebody reads things around here.

Now re-read it and pay attention to what it says...not what you want it to say.

Z

PS: I think the first post in this thread is reporting a BUG in the game. Feel free to pass it on to the game maker.

Can you help me and tell me what is it supposed to say? Because I still read only what is there written, I cannot know what did you want to say by the sentence: No type of server crashing software will ever be made publicly available on TKC. Is it some kind of secret code that only TKC members understand? Or is it not in English?

GameBro

• Klass Klown
  • Ex TKC-OFP-Leader
    • View Profile
    • TKC what else?......
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2005, 02:11:18 pm »
http://www.mayorgeek.com/

On this site you find many freeware, but as I?m not cracking anything for me its not usefull. I like more legal Software wich I pay for.
My first Antivirus-Software (Freeware) I got from this Site, maybe you find other SW what you need there.  :wink:
***-=advanced_soldier=-***

GRU_sniper

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.OFP-cheats.prv.pl
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2005, 03:52:52 pm »
My friend You are late
http://www.tkc-community.net/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1781

Anyway only few times server go crash when I "by hand" try baypass server ban/kick/lock.
Its only good to make stupid admin scream when he kick You 10 times and You can still comeback to locked server where You have ban :)
It works not on every servers, not every time You try, but from me it take 1-2min to broke all gates. Get a live :) my hand will die if I make it longer than 4 min. More its not worth.

Anothr cool thing that I discovered later is that when You try connect, ppl on server see something like "xxxx connecting to server" EVERY time You press JOIN. So if I clicking it 5 times per second, they have spammed chat room. I dont know if this is every time, becouse I dont see it. Only sometimes when I connect back everyone scream fuck You fuck You etc :)))

If You like to crash server (for theoretical purposes only and science :D)
You better add to one gun for example any stupid ammo like grenade or tank shell. I have some time ago this kind of G36 and Steyr.
It shoot but when I changed fire mode from normal to this modified, serwer go freeze, I lost connection and when comeback everyone was gone. It takes 2 seconds and works on every server. Guys have my script,  meybe its somewhere id Dev Section. Its the fastest way to kill server. But You must be in game. Search forum I rite about this somewhere

GRU_Sniper PL

OFP Cheat's Center http://www.OFP-CHEATS.tk

TacticalOPS Cheat's Center http://www.TO-cheats.tk

[TKC]BlueGrass

• Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2005, 04:30:11 pm »
Oh dear.

Ok when I said TKC never gave out instructions on crashing game servers I was right.

The only type of instruction on this post is the 'By hand method' - and like I said before, if someones going to do it, they're going to do it. Ffs, if you lack the brians to figure and basicly guess this method for oneself, then you probably lack the brains to even read anyway.

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2005, 11:04:50 pm »
Now we have here two ways how to crash server. Nice, keep it going, it's really funny. It does not bother me at all, because I don't play OFP. (I'm awaiting posts like "so WTF are you posting such shits here if you don't play OFP", but this is all about TKC, not about OFP.) It only shows a lot about your policies which you have. If you think it is enough to use your policies just to say "we don't agree with this, but you can give it on our pages as you like, no problem", you should think about one question - are such policies meaningful? Policies that are very hardly delimited - for example if you write No type of server crashing software will ever be made publicly available on TKC you mean only and only special software, and instructions how to make it without software (thus even easier) are OK?

It's like having a policy "we will never made publicly available instructions how to make a nuke bomb using salt" and so you will allow anybody to post instructions on your forum how to make a nuke bomb without salt.

Why do have the policies? Only to be able to show somebody that you are having some rules, that you are not only band of not organized saboteurs? Only to show them, only to have them, but not to respect them? Maybe it would be better to rename it to "recommendations" instead, don't you think?

Of course, it is only your problem, but your attitudes are really strange. Messages like "I've bought it so I can do whatever I want with it", "it is possible to do it, so I can do it", "server is only virtual and it belongs to everybody" etc together with your way of using so-called "policies" are making other people to laugh and marvel.
And if somebody don't agree with you, your members starts to post unseemly messages and thus the thread is locked (thread "Amazing" in off-topic). And then you are boasting about "freedom of speach" here.

You have your policies and rules only if it suits you. You use them only to oust or appease your (TKC's) opponents. Not to respect them by yourselfs.

This post was not made in anger, I didn't use expletives, I only used my good sense. I'm not trying to insult your "noble" community, I'm just trying to show you how does your community and its rules look to other people. And now it has nothing to do with the focus of your community (hackling), it is only about how you are behaving on your forum, what arguments do you use etc.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2005, 11:24:14 pm »
It meens exactly what it says...not what you wish to read into it.

If you find a program in the download area that is ment to crash servers then the TKC Staff put it there.
If so then contact me about it and I or the sysop will deal swiftly with that problem.

Oh....if you want to know how to build an A-Bomb just visit a bookstore.
In the 70's some high school kid took all the public info from books and printed it on a t-shirt!

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2005, 12:04:36 am »
Hm, still the same.
It meens exactly what it says...not what you wish to read into it.

Yes, it means exactly what it says, it is written so that you can easily avoid observance of it. That's what I'm talking about all the time. Such policies are toothless and ludicrous.

Oh....if you want to know how to build an A-Bomb just visit a bookstore.
In the 70's some high school kid took all the public info from books and printed it on a t-shirt!

Lol, I see it is impossible to use any kind of comparison in discussions with you. But thank you, building a-bomb was the thing I always wanted to do...

Again (I'm patient :wink: ):

TKC has never publicly made available any program or hack that made it possible to crash a game server.

I think we can call the two ways how to crash a server posted here on this thread as a hack. Right? Hack that makes it possible to crash a game server. Right?
No member of TKC posted it here, that's true. But this is TKC's forum and TKC allowed to post it here and TKC kept it here, so TKC made it publicly (this is public forum) available. Right? TKC haven't post it, but TKC made it publicly available by not deleting it. The men who know that instructions were able to make it public thanks to TKC.
I'm only applying your policies word by word, similar to you. I'm not reading what I wish to read as you said, I'm reading what is written there. Word by word. Made available is not the same as write/say/type/post. Made available means made available 8) , allow somebody to get it, and that's exactly what you did.

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2005, 01:05:50 am »
I think we can call the two ways how to crash a server posted here on this thread as a hack. Right? Hack that makes it possible to crash a game server. Right?
No member of TKC posted it here, that's true. But this is TKC's forum and TKC allowed to post it here and TKC kept it here, so TKC made it publicly (this is public forum) available. Right? TKC haven't post it, but TKC made it publicly available by not deleting it. The men who know that instructions were able to make it public thanks to TKC.
I'm only applying your policies word by word, similar to you. I'm not reading what I wish to read as you said, I'm reading what is written there. Word by word. Made available is not the same as write/say/type/post. Made available means made available 8) , allow somebody to get it, and that's exactly what you did.

I think I agree best is if we jsut delete this topics because its useless anyways (and to get in trouble because of a stupid topic is not neccessary nor isit worth for anyone to keep this topic).

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2005, 01:11:16 am »
Like I pointed out befor....this is NOT a program by TKC nor is it a "hack"....it seems to be a report of a BUG in the game.

When speaking of things like this try to remember that TKC is the staff here....not every poster or the 1,000,000 hits we get each month from people who only read the mostly public areas.

As TKC seems to be the only site for online cheats that I know of that has had it's url posted in a gaming magazine ( the forum banwith has now been set to 10GB per day ) it would be wrong to say everyone who reads/posts here is in fact TKC.
Your self would be an example of that fact.

Z