Author Topic: How to crash an OFP server  (Read 6417 times)

joeb1

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
How to crash an OFP server
« on: June 27, 2005, 12:35:20 pm »
Note that this information is for purely academic purposes, use this information at your own risk

there is a flaw in ofp server protocal, even servers that lock out players when in game (xxxplayer was kicked, as soon as you try to connect to game in progress) are vulnerable, although some servers that have high bandwidth and firewalls may be less vulnerable

the method is simple, just [CENSORED] you will know you succeeded when you connect to server and its empty (b4 it had a few dozen players LMAO)

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How to crash an OFP server
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 12:45:20 pm »
Quote from: joeb1

the method is simple, [CENSORED]

lol you have to really hate somebody on the server to be willing to make 900 clicks in 15 minutes  :roll:  :roll:

joeb1

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 01:03:40 pm »
it works friend, thats all i can tell you

i have seen it used today on the kaos and UK-SF servers (runnin MFCTI), im sure it works well on other servers as well

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 01:53:42 pm »
Quote from: joeb1
it works friend, thats all i can tell you

i have seen it used today on the kaos and UK-SF servers (runnin MFCTI), im sure it works well on other servers as well

I didn't say I don't belive it's working. I belive you, no doubt. I just said I know better ways how to spend 15 minutes ...
Is one server crash really worth 900 clicks?

joeb1

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 03:57:55 pm »
900 is the upper limit imho, you can crash servers with a fraction of that

experiment, and keep trying

[TKC]BlueGrass

• Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 04:50:47 pm »
If you going to do it, do it properly.

http://tkc-community.net/Main/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5

Scroll down the list to the 8th file (autobot 2.1)

This program will basicly allow you sit sit back and watch as it executes...well, lets just say slightly more than 900 clicks in 15 mins  :wink:

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 09:44:30 pm »
WARNING.....it is TKC policy to not crash servers. We had alot of trouble in Vietcong over this with a past member doing that and blaiming TKC for it. This method seems like a hassle but any OTHER methods should be kept in the OFP Dev room.

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC] maphax

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 10:44:16 pm »
You have Been Told 8)
[TKC] MAPHAX  AT URE SERVICE

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 10:58:43 pm »
Quote from: ZOldDude
WARNING.....it is TKC policy to not crash servers. We had alot of trouble in Vietcong over this with a past member doing that and blaiming TKC for it. This method seems like a hassle but any OTHER methods should be kept in the OFP Dev room.

Z

Hm this is maybe first positive thing I've seen here. I was already planning a post about how are you still saying that "we just want to have some fun by playing the game in different way etc." and now I see here instructions how to crash server (that's for sure only used to annoy somebody else, not to bring you fun).
Anyway this is meaningless until you delete these instructions. I'm not sure that just say "TKC don't agree with this" but keep it on your forum available to everyody is enough.

[TKC] maphax

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 11:19:03 pm »
there is a on going poll to see if people r allowed free speech i think.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 02:05:06 am »
Quote from: Solomon
Quote from: ZOldDude

Z

Hm this is maybe first positive thing I've seen here. I was already planning a post about how are you still saying that "we just want to have some fun by playing the game in different way etc." and now I see here instructions how to crash server (that's for sure only used to annoy somebody else, not to bring you fun).
Anyway this is meaningless until you delete these instructions. I'm not sure that just say "TKC don't agree with this" but keep it on your forum available to everyody is enough.

This has always been part of TKC policy (we even kicked FATE out over it in effect).
When in doubt read the FAQ and rules.

I am leaving this up only becuase if sombody wants to tap on thier keyboard for a quarter of an hour....let them. :lol:

The sysop may think otherwise when he sees this.

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]BlueGrass

• Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 02:30:03 am »
Dont worry about geting blamed TKC- there are 1000s of autobot-like programs.

If some one is going to do it, they will do it- just a matter fo time.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 05:32:22 am »
Quote from: [TKC] maphax
there is a on going poll to see if people r allowed free speech i think.

No one said his speech could not be free. Only a reminder of TKC policy.

Also this is not a TKC program so the post needs not be moved into the proper Dev section.

Z

[TKC] maphax

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 04:44:20 pm »
i know no one has said that his speech has been breeched :)
and the sense is only a fucking noob would try to crash a server this way. sorry joeb1 but there r easyier ways.................

disappointed

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 06:42:28 pm »
Opening the game to new freedoms and fun:  Stopping the game before it starts!

That's genius, I've never heard of a better way to have fun in a game than to not play it at all!  That is definitely some alternative gaming ideology.  Must've taken you ages to come up with something that creative.

Every time you guys act or open your mouth, you make yourselves look more ridiculous, and you toss your arguments for cheating out the window.  Face it, you want to take the fun away from those of us that are satisfied with the game how it is.  You have no intention of keeping your actions private on your own server, yet "heckle" i.e., ruin the game for everyone else.  Who do you expect to heckle after MP player numbers drop because of you assholes.  Is it your intention to dwindle the online community?  Because that is the effect.  

People get fed up of playing CTI for 1+ hours only to have game ruined by someone.  This cannot be fun for anyone, because most of the people disconnect after this bullshit appears.  So who is left to play with after you cheat?  You might as well play single player, because once the cheat takes effect (like deleting HQ) no one is going t o continue playing that game.  You guys try to make yourselves sound all "progressive" and "ideolistic", but it basically boils down to a bunch of cocksuckers that splooge all over themselves after they ruin a game.  Good job guys, hope you continue to give yourself facials at our cost.