Author Topic: For Yeng Hubertus (BEM Scooter)  (Read 3293 times)

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
For Yeng Hubertus (BEM Scooter)
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 10:56:09 am »
like all those sides who who have nocd cracks? bla blah blah

joeb1

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 11:00:42 am »
What none of you reallize is that for a contact to stand in a court of law, it must be signed by one or both of the parties in question.

thats untrue because none of the addon makers for operation flashpoint signed any contracts, the makers of OFP released tools to make addons themselves, and even have sections on the forums supporting user made addons

a user made addon is the intellectual property of the person who made it, simple as that

even cheats are just addons, they arent using the game code to build a new game, the cheats can be removed and the game is back to its original state

also there is no legal precedent for suing cheat makers, there is no law anywhere in the world against making online cheats.

do you think bis is going to sue someone over a 4 year old game when EA and other companies havent done so to people making cheats for their online games?  its not going to happen.

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 11:18:45 am »
absulutly, i think this is a good completion and topic should be locked.

Louden

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 03:31:44 pm »
This is so stupid, like anyone here is actually going to get sued. Wake up guys.
Blow me.

Malboeuf

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 09:45:22 pm »
Quote from: joeb1
What none of you reallize is that for a contact to stand in a court of law, it must be signed by one or both of the parties in question.

a user made addon is the intellectual property of the person who made it, simple as that

nope, you waived any rights by CMs copy laws, mabey you should go read them

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 11:19:42 pm »
what are you aiming at? that we stop making (and publishing) cheats?
do u really think u can stop it that way?  this are just boring discussions nothing happens so boring. and btw codemasters dont care about ofp, if they would then they would have released allready a patch or the 2nd part of ofp (ofp2).

Marshal2

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 12:11:30 am »
Sorry guys but just because you dont agree with what I did does not mean that you have to ban me. It didnt stop me coming back anyway did it.

Far from you kidding yourself that BIS wont be doing anything about these cheat files - Placebo has already contacted me saying that he will forward the information onto the game programmers and I see that the site which I saw the cheat files on has had its account suspended - so contrary to your belief that BIS/Codemasters dont worry about cheat files - theyre actions seem to prove otherwise.

What you have to remember is that you are working with BIS's code which is theyre property. As soon as you start writing programs for a game then you obviously have to know what the program can and cannot do and you simply cant do that by just playing the game.

It seems to me that you dont like your own medicine... Youve been the reason why the OFP community is in the state that it is in now - whether you want to admit the fact or not. Many players (including myself) would still be playing OFP if cheat files had not spoilt the game.

It doesnt matter how old the game is, its still a good game which has been spoiled by a few kids who thought they would have a laugh at the expense of the entire community.

Blackden is correct in stating that BIS has had access to all your forums here for a long time - so whatever youve said in the private area is already common knowledge to BIS.

And as far as copyright agreements go - I didnt get the cheatfiles from this site - so I have not breached any disclaimer that I have to agree with to visit this site.

Now are we going to have an adult discussion about this or are you going to ban me again because you dont like me giving you a bit of your own medicine? And remember that even if you do ban me I can still get back in.  :lol:

Marshal Law

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 12:27:32 am »
Quote from: Marshal2
And remember that even if you do ban me I can still get back in.

A section Mod banned you not the sysop or myself....that is why you have a 2nd chance.

I hate banning people.

I support your right of speech.

The problem is that when people spread the files fron the Dev section you end up with not just 5-6 people using them but the whole field of players.

This damage is cuased by those who violate the disclaimer on the main site page and want to play SuperSpy and or just be thiefs.

If you gung-ho types were smart you would wait untill they finnished the testing and TKC puts the files into out public download area.

Those who cheat would have thier fun and those that want to make a anti-cheat could do thier job......everyone would be happy......people would not have thier pages removed from the web and suffer jail time over it.

Mostly I would not have to get involved.

Enjoy your stay and speak freely.

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Hubertus

• SCP Developer
  • Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 12:39:44 am »
Far from you kidding yourself that BIS wont be doing anything about these cheat files - Placebo has already contacted me saying that he will forward the information onto the game programmers and I see that the site which I saw the cheat files on has had its account suspended - so contrary to your belief that BIS/Codemasters dont worry about cheat files - theyre actions seem to prove otherwise.

I contacted the webmaster of www.funpic.de at 00:30, 6 hours later the site went down. They took it down because it violated their hosting rules, the rules say that you are not allowed to use the webspace to provide downloads, you have to create a page aswell.

GameBro

• Klass Klown
  • Ex TKC-OFP-Leader
    • View Profile
    • TKC what else?......
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 12:53:33 am »
omg hubertus you haxor :shock:

:D  :D  :D
***-=advanced_soldier=-***

Marshal2

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 01:13:59 am »
How do you know which webpage I was referring to?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 01:29:27 am »
Quote from: [TKC]Advanced_Soldier
omg hubertus you haxor :shock:

:D  :D  :D

Yeng be da man!

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]Hubertus

• SCP Developer
  • Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2005, 02:38:48 am »
How do you know which webpage I was referring to?

I only know one site that was hosting the stolen files, and now its down, so I guess you were also talking about dkgadger.funpic.de.

[TKC]Anothercheater

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 02:10:37 pm »
Sorry guys but just because you dont agree with what I did does not mean that you have to ban me. It didnt stop me coming back anyway did it.

What you have to remember is that you are working with BIS's code which is theyre property. As soon as you start writing programs for a game then you obviously have to know what the program can and cannot do and you simply cant do that by just playing the game.

It seems to me that you dont like your own medicine... Youve been the reason why the OFP community is in the state that it is in now - whether you want to admit the fact or not. Many players (including myself) would still be playing OFP if cheat files had not spoilt the game.

It doesnt matter how old the game is, its still a good game which has been spoiled by a few kids who thought they would have a laugh at the expense of the entire community.

Blackden is correct in stating that BIS has had access to all your forums here for a long time - so whatever youve said in the private area is already common knowledge to BIS.

And as far as copyright agreements go - I didnt get the cheatfiles from this site - so I have not breached any disclaimer that I have to agree with to visit this site.

Now are we going to have an adult discussion about this or are you going to ban me again because you dont like me giving you a bit of your own medicine? And remember that even if you do ban me I can still get back in.  :lol:

Marshal Law

Why is nothing happened then yet? Like the other dudes on so many other cheat sites that try to scare them all the time, blah blah blah, why is this site not down then? Stop playing wanna-be-advocator there is nothing what this site can stop atm - thats why its allready 2 years old. I dont understand why you guys put so much effort (forum-speeches) into a dead game.

BLACKDEN

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 02:14:44 pm »
And me i dont understand why anothercheater still so much forum-power-effort spamming this forum for say nothing. Because he is nothing ?

We discuss with mature guys, so please anothercheater, return to the garden for see if we are not there, thx :D