Author Topic: Amazing!  (Read 8329 times)

Head2000

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2005, 04:19:31 am »
Quote from: ZOldDude
I play on TMG and 6th as basicly that is the only game style I enjoy.
I have no problem following the rules on those servers.

I have been kicked out unfairly on both in the past year and just used programs to  re-enter along with a name change....long befor the info was made public here.

Ok, it happens somebody is kicked or banned unfairly sometimes. We are all humans. It happened to me once too. But I found and admin, told him what happened and he helpd me out. Thats the way how to solve these problems i think. Not by nick change. I believe most of us are understanding and thinking people.

However if I were you befor I came here and started saying that TKC is hacking your passwords I would first look at those "400" people who have the passwords.

Yes, this password is only formal. They just have to register and read the rules to obtain it. So everybody who visits our web page can have it. No need to hack it. I dont complain TKC hacked this password. But some of you guys joined several times our game, didnt respond any textchat messages, went ramboing and when he was told he was not welcome then he mass teamkilled. Thats what I dont like. And believe me, we almost never experience any problems of that kind with those 400+ registered players.

I am only trying to say: Yes guys, have fun in the way you like it, but do not destroy the fun of the other players, who like different approach like teamplay. Thats all.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Amazing!
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2005, 05:01:12 am »
Not much point in a debate over if the game is "dead" or not.
From a point of sales most companys would say it is and time to make somthing new.

I have no idea who is buying this game,only that no software store that I know of in southern California had it on the shelfs 9-10 months after it came out.....most people here returned it to the store for a refund as it just was a  hunk-o-junk trying to get non-jerky frames with a system listed on the box,and as such they were right in getting a refund.
This is why the game was a total flop in the US and Canada and for that reason only.

34 million people here in California alone.....I must know the IP# of all 16 people who play it.

However SOME of us do play it.
I built two new computers JUST to play it.

It still has chance to make 10's of thousands of disk sales here.....if it was reboxed AND proper specs clearly printed.....but that is not the way Take2 works.

After all you can't blaim people for being angry and wanting a refund for somthing that was never a market item when the box LIED about 700-1000Mhz now can you?

I can say this much for a fact....if your system can get 60-300+ fps in Vietcong (I get as much as 319) then it will run EVERYTHING.
Playing with "box spec" @ 2-20 fps is just not going to sell.

Report things to Pterodon and Take2 for "respect"?
If the team of free/unpaid/mostly under aged "testers" system has not worked so far....perhaps they should employ pro's like everyone else.

The people I know here that test do not do it for months,10-12 hours a day for "respect",they do it for a paycheck.

Sony,ATARI,Activision,EA and Black Ops all have testing centers located withen 4 miles of me.

$18 USD per hour and overtime pay is the going rate for console systems.

Oh well.....alive or dead.....I judge by how many people play online and TKC will do what it does.

However my offer to help with the problems you now face with people bypassing the server password are still open if you wish.
I will not provide new code.
I only need to know min info such as DATES-TIMES (GMT)...if you have logged IP's even better.

Z

PS: If you read the main site and some of the news in the forums here you would know that TKC does alot more than just make cheats.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Head2000

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2005, 05:10:01 am »
TKC FAQ:

"Player vs. Community Philosophy"

"As mentioned above, an individual player's right to enjoy a game is absolute in our eyes and does not need to be compromised for the enjoyment of others. This belief extends from two facts. One, players do not know personally the people with whom they play with; they are complete strangers meeting online for entertainment."

Negative. Maybe on some CTF or DM servers this is right, but not on Coop servers with regular players. And even if it was true, what does it implicate?

"And two, no matter what a player does to others during a match and no matter how they react; at the end of the day it?s still only a game."

Yes, its only a game, but when somebody ruins your game it can make you mad as much as when somebody ruins your work or whatever. Ruining a mission after 1 hour of hard Coop game menas only this: 1 played had fun and 9 others are mad / disapointed. Is this the ratio you prefer?

"The belief that one must ?show respect? to their fellow players is not shared in this community. Respect is something that must be earned through time, not automatically given to strangers in an online game."

We earn respect through time in our community. Anyway we show respect to newbies as well. We show the same respect as if we met them on a street. Because IMHO only coward shows higher respect in real life than when he is "hidden" behind his/her computer. But be sure we will not respect on-purpose-teamkillers who think that it is ok when they have some fun for 5 minutes and ruin 1 hour of game for the other players.

You know what is sad? I real life you would never venture something like that. And if you would, somebody would smash your face.

hoax-ravenheckler

• Master Heckler
  • Still the same old
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2005, 11:27:57 am »
Solomon,

About the virtual life and the real life.
Have you ever thought about the fact that we payed for the game aswell?
So were allowed to do with it what ever we want.
And you can complain however that won't make us go away.

It is actually the fun part for the most people.
They want people to get pissed off.

And have you ever thought about the fact what a M79 does in VC at all?
Have you ever used it?
We just put it in the MP game.

And the fact that they make SP cheats aswell should say they agree on cheats in one hand.

Then the respect part,

If people would even try to do nice against me I would be nice to them and I would have respect for them.

But as the most people just go screaming and say things like:

TKC FUCKER!
FUCKING CHEATER!
TKC CHEATER!!
CHEATER!!!!!:@:@

This is what they say a lot and this just makes me laughs and still remembers me to the time I was against the cheating aswell.

Now I just can't care and just hate it when people say there good and they cheat.
I can assure you that I've never cheated in a public server for a longer time then 10 minutes.

And then I used the "g0thmode" hack.
Which I still need to remake, but thats just another part of the story.

This topic ones again shows that the most of the non-cheaters and cheaters just can't get a hang with each other.
There's never time to do things right, but there's always time to do it over.

Nane_Nena

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2005, 12:29:33 pm »
Quote from: HoaX
About the virtual life and the real life.

Dude, this is sooo funny, so you think that because YOU bought a game, YOU may do ANYTHING you want with it on ANY server which ISN'T belonging to YOU? Right. Ok, here we go again. You buy a bike, you put it in my backyard, you say: it's my bike I may do whatever I like with it.. WRONG because you are putting in MY backyard. And I am getting quite annoyed at the moment about you guys so called philosophy. I guess you guys are lost already. I repeat just once, I am the hoster (payer,builder,maintainer,etc), YOU are the player, and that makes me on MY server boss above you. You think when I go to the shop, say here is my virtual money, I want to buy a virtual server, for the oh so virtual internet, they say, oh ok, we accept virtual money, and I say here, you have my virtual money, now I want my virtual server. RIGHT. You pay with reallife money, with reallife blood sweat and tears of work, and you telling me, oh well, the server is only 'virtually' e.g. on the internet, so I can do whatever I like on it? Right. Try doing that with a government website or server, do with it what you like.. maybe hack it, it's fun aint it? But I guess you get consequences in reallife. Ok you are right, there are laws for that, but there is still something like 'moral'. You come on my property, you don't behave, I kick your ass, that's the way it works.

It's your game...copy..
You payed for the game ...copy..
You want to do whatever you like with the game (like cheating) ...copy..
You want to do whatever you like with the game (like cheating) on a server who isn't your own or where the stuff you do isn't tollerated ...WRONG..

You can ignore this all, as much as you like, but wake up, open your eyes and see the truth; you all make up some nice words and make it look nice, but still you are totally wrong. No matter if you are on a site, a server, a game, in somebodies house or club, you obey their rules, otherwise you get 'kicked out'.

You talk so much about people not respecting you, so you take actions... well, the problem is mainly that a few guys here do not respect 'us' as in how we play and what we do on our server, so you get kicked/banned. And that is more valid than your point no matter what view you may have on this.

That's all I got to say, do whatever you like, run naked through your own home, go fingerpaint your own walls, but stay away from mine.

oooh I love my ps'es so here's another one:
Besides the whole: "this is my server, and you have to respect my rules" part, the fact still remains that you guys put the pleasure of one man above any other or group of others. This is the highest point of selfishness and respectless behaviour and I hope you guys are so different in your 'reallives', like this head2000 guy states: I guess in reallife someone whould have already smashed your faces in...
And hey, it's only pure immaturity that 'because you don't get direct consequences by acting like this in the 'virtual world' ', you do it.

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2005, 02:21:25 pm »

I have no idea who is buying this game,only that no software store that I know of in southern California had it on the shelfs 9-10 months after it came out.....

I have a news for you - California (and USA) is not the only country on the world. Vietcong game is most popular in Europe. In all Europe. In USA it is much worse, I know it, not many players in USA play Vietcong. But still there is really a lot of players in Europe who love this game. Your view of the world is absolutely selfish and blind - I don't like it - nobody like it, I think it is dead - everybody think it is dead, it's not selling in California - it's not selling anywhere ...

most people here returned it to the store for a refund as it just was a  hunk-o-junk trying to get non-jerky frames with a system listed on the box,and as such they were right in getting a refund.

Yes, I agree, Vietcong engine is not very good, but it has nothing to do with our discussion at all. I personaly have 3 years old computer and some user Vietcong maps are very hard to play on it, I have sometimes even around 5-10 FPS. But still I play it, because there is no such game other than Vietcong, no other game can offer me what Vietcong does.

This is why the game was a total flop in the US and Canada and for that reason only.

Again the same - you think someting, so it is true in general. Do you really think not-so-good engine is the only reason why the game is not so succesfull in USA and Canada? Maybe it is true, but I would never say it without an evidence or without a word "maybe" or "I think".

It still has chance to make 10's of thousands of disk sales here.....if it was reboxed AND proper specs clearly printed.....but that is not the way Take2 works.

A lot of games have the minimal HW requirements much under the real minimal HW you need to be able to play the game good. It's not only Vietcong. The minimal HW means the worst PC you need to START and PLAY the game. And the minimal HW written on VC box is good enough to PLAY the game. Of course, with low resolution, low details etc - but it is MINIMAL. But I agree that the recommended HW should be better, my PC is a little bit better than it and it is not what I'd recommend to somebody for Vietcong.
Let's take Half-Life 2 min. HW - 1,2 GHz, 256 MB RAM, 32 MB video card. Did you try to play HL2 on this computer?

Report things to Pterodon and Take2 for "respect"?
If the team of free/unpaid/mostly under aged "testers" system has not worked so far....perhaps they should employ pro's like everyone else.
The people I know here that test do not do it for months,10-12 hours a day for "respect",they do it for a paycheck.
Sony,ATARI,Activision,EA and Black Ops all have testing centers located withen 4 miles of me.
$18 USD per hour and overtime pay is the going rate for console systems.

It is hard to compare the SW gigants like EA with a small Pterodon. EA is US company with a lot of branches all over the world, with thousands of employees, with millions $ budget. Pterodon is a small Czech (Do you know where Czech Republic is? In the Europe. Europe is west of Asia.) firm with few tens of employees. They've made their own engine cos no other engine in that time was able to render jungle in real time, they made it nearly without any know-how. That's someting EA have no idea about. Vietcong is not so hypped game as HL2, Doom3, COD etc. But it has nothing to do with the fact, that many people like it. Especially in Europe. Maybe some players have different priorities here than in USA? And because the game budget was not so big, it is great when players help the developers to test the game. Many players reported bugs during official puplic free betatest, than new patches were created. Did you report what you've found too?

-- -- -----------------

No problem to add it to my comparison as well.
"Imaginary" life - The unwelcome annoying player has his own game, he paid for it so he can do whatever he wants with it.
Real life - The unwelcome annoying player has his own ball, he paid for it so he can do whatever he wants with it.
It is the same, for PC game and for basketball you need players, an object to play with (software or ball) and a place where to play with others (server or gym).

So I'm still waiting for some real differences between the expamples I've given...

And have you ever thought about the fact what a M79 does in VC at all?
Have you ever used it?
We just put it in the MP game.

And the fact that they make SP cheats aswell should say they agree on cheats in one hand.

First, I've used M79 in singleplayer campaign. And I really don't feel a need to have it in multiplayer. And it was the same when I was playing normal "ramboing" CTF or even TDM. M79 is what I'm really not missing in VC and I'm not alone. It was discussed on many forums already and there are allways many people who don't want it. Why? For example because killing with M79 is much easier than killing with nades and nades already can be annoying. So if you think people will thank you for what you've made (M79 for MP), you are not right. Yes, some people will thank you, some people will try it. But many others (including me) won't.

Nearly every game has build-in cheats for SP. There are many reasons for this. One of them is making the game reviews. Editors that are writing game reviews sometimes don't have enough time to play the whole game, but they must be able to know all parts of the game. So they sometimes use cheats to go though some parts to make it faster.
Second - it is much better for the game when a not so patient player in a hard part of game use some cheats to go through it. He has only two choices - stop playing the game or use cheats. (Talking about not patient player, otherwise of course the best is to try it again and again.)
I can say I used some game cheats, and I have no problems to admit it. But never in multiplayer game with other life players. Why? Because I don't think it is fair to them to be better than them only because of cheating. In MP there is no hard part of game you need cheats to come through.

Pure_666

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2005, 05:32:35 pm »
I am sorry but i didn't read the entire topic...
First off, respect for Nane, Mullah and  for posting as they do.
I agree with Nane, i don't mind people cheating... it's their own right to do it. But, as Nane said, i just don't like people cheating where it isn't allowed/wanted. Nane is overreacting a bit with his real life comparissing, but in general he's right. You should respect their demands(the admins). They make a server and ask for a few things, wich are stated in the rules. So respect that and keep by it.
Now i don't expect anyone from TKC to be like what i'm going to say(for as far as i can tell, lot's of respectable people) but in game i have only met cheaters, who cheat to ruin the game for other people. Now if that is not your motive, ok. But in the end, you may be doing that. Why aren't there special servers for this... or why don't cheaters try to find servers wich allow cheating? It is not such a hard job... so they must have some reason why they don't...

Anyway, i'm at school... and have to go... talk later:)

Jimmy

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jimmyschot.com
Amazing!
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2005, 08:58:41 pm »
In my town, we have serveral legal walls for graffity, placed by the goverment.

they are as grey as they were 2 years ago.

you get my point?  :wink:

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2005, 10:34:14 pm »
Quote from: [TKC]LaVaPlaToZz

In my country there is a lot of thiefs, murderers and other criminals and I don't feel that I should be the same as they are.

You get my point?

Sprayers have fun by vandalizing somebody's house, some nice old building instead of wall assigned for them and you are using them as an excuse for you? You are kidding, aren't you? Yes, I see what did you want to say, I understand the connectedness. But using it as an excuse.... It says a lot about you....

Pure_666

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2005, 10:40:56 pm »
And that only boosts my points... If there are special places for these people and they don't go there it must mean that they enjoy upsetting other people(only geeks/nerds get upset:P) or just pissing people off.... i don't see the point of this:S

LastResort

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2005, 10:53:57 pm »
Quote from: Solomon
Quote from: [TKC]LaVaPlaToZz

In my country there is a lot of thiefs, murderers and other criminals and I don't feel that I should be the same as they are.

You get my point?

Sprayers have fun by vandalizing somebody's house, some nice old building instead of wall assigned for them and you are using them as an excuse for you? You are kidding, aren't you? Yes, I see what did you want to say, I understand the connectedness. But using it as an excuse.... It says a lot of you....

The sprayers arn't playing by the rules... TKC don't play by the rules! The sprayers are defying the government, TKC defies the community who play by the rules. We have fun how we wanna have fun. We develop our programming skills by making cheats, we get to understand game code better. I know you say about wrecking the game for all the players who we own, and i can see where your comming from.. like i said i used to be on the otherside of the line. But this is how i see it.. this is my life... its the only one i get... and i wanna have fun. Now im in my late teen's im inot computers, i just built one and im hoping to go to college to learn more about them. VC in my eyes is the best game made ever in the history of gaming.. but i have gotten bored with it as of late, which made me sad. I found TKC and was happy once again.

My life+VC= Bored
My life+VC+TKC= YaY! :D

And maby if you stopped for a while, read over the forums and cleared the fog of hate that covers your eyes you might see that their are some damn decent chaps on here! So try to see them as a person not a TK'ing fucktard like you do. Try talking about things that you like with us, you never know we might have the same interestes as you guys. Just try and be a little more open...
I want revenge.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Amazing!
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 12:12:52 am »
OK no point in me debate with everyone just let me say that........

If the game was REBOXED and PROPER specs printed and could sell to 1% of the people ONLY in the Republic of California it would sale 340,000 copys.
Thats an amount higher than ALL the sales the first 2 years of the game.

I gave you the reason why the game flopped in North America. They tend to have more money to spend and they just EXPECT to get good value.
The game running like crap as per the box specs did not sit well with people here.

Three years after the demo and now most peole who live in N.A. have 3 times the max box specs....it runs well on the systems most people here own now and COULD sale alot of copys.

The problem is that you and I do not control the market machine of Take2.

As far as TKC PEOPLE ruining the game....
All the Pterodon testers/PMT and clan leaders are also on this forum and I don't think that it is fair to them...or myself....to claim that they want to waste the game and piss people off.

I have been with TKC from just about day # 1 and I am very well known NOT to cheat online.

This is NOT a contrdiction of thought.
It is about a persons right to play the game as he or she sees fit to do so.

Did you know there is still TWO ways to crash the servers?
Did you know that a bug in GameSpy listing can be used to ERASE a server from the game list untill they reboot the game server (bug was reported nearly 4 year ago but never fixed)?

Not all knowage is safe to share.

Becuase I play by my OWN personal rules many things that I have found can not be shared even with the Staff of TKC.......and they never give me any crap about it or how I decide to play online or not.....I do get alot of crap from everyone else tho.

Just becuase I wait untill others who do the programming give permission to make things they shared with me public does not put me in bad light with TKC,nor should I telling TKC "this has permission now" make me an evil person to the rest of the people.

I will say that when VC2 comes out that I will join with the fun of raising hell for a few weeks if only to snub my detractors.....and what a hell on earth it will be :idea:

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Solomon

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 01:15:36 am »
Quote from: LastResort

The sprayers arn't playing by the rules... TKC don't play by the rules! The sprayers are defying the government, TKC defies the community who play by the rules. We have fun how we wanna have fun.

Sprayers are desolating somebody else's stuff. They have no idea how owner of a house feels when he sees his house with some squiggle on it.
Btw if you know some REAL graffity-creater, he can tell you that only the bad sprayers are spaying tags (squiggle, just a sign) to the most dangerous/great place as possible. The real sprayers are artists that make nice pictures and they use only big boring concrete walls, not houses. They are happy when they have a special wall for them and thus they can show all people that beeing sprayer doesn't mean damaging buildings and monuments with squiggles. I understand that somebody can have fun by doing something illegal, it is adrenalin for them. But there are many other ways how to make something legal and have even more adrenalin.

Maybe my post looks off-topic now, but it is not.

Quote from: LastResort

And maby if you stopped for a while, read over the forums and cleared the fog of hate that covers your eyes you might see that their are some damn decent chaps on here! So try to see them as a person not a TK'ing fucktard like you do. Try talking about things that you like with us, you never know we might have the same interestes as you guys. Just try and be a little more open...

And why don't you try to be a little bit more open? More open to the other's opinions? Now I don't talk personally, I don't remember your nicks. I've read here that playing games is only virtual world without connection to real world, that Vietcong is dead game, that you can do whatever you want when you've bought the game, that admin who pays the server have no rights to kick you out etc. And when somebody else tried to tell you other opinion, tried to tell you that you are not right, what did you do? Did you open your eyes? No, you stayed in your own world.

What I would like to do is not stop you cheating, creating cheats, teamkilling etc. No. You can do whatever you want, you can do whatever brings you fun. I have no problem with it. But only till you start to bother somebody else who don't want it. Bothering somebody by ruining his game. Back to spayers comparison - bothering somebody by damaging his property.

I'm saying this again here - you can cheat, teamkill, no problem, it is your way of having fun. But create your own servers, name it for example "Server for cheaters and TKs" and have as much fun as you want, with players similar to you.
And second thing - I'm not talking in general, not about everybody who is in your community. I'm talking about the ones of you who use the cheats on other's server. And even locked server.
Maybe you don't have the fun by using the cheats and teamkilling. Maybe you are more similar to the illegal spayers and you have fun only when you use cheats to be better than somebody else who don't know you are cheating, maybe you have fun when you can teamkill somebody in normal serious game where nobody's expecting teamkilling. OK, I can understand even this. But use only open, public, non-passworded servers with no rules given and with no admin around. Is this problem for you? If yes, I have nothing more to discuss with you.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Amazing!
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 01:19:55 am »
Play On Your Own Servers

We do. As often as we can we run our own servers in order to test and distribute cheats, exploits, and other information. We also hold clan matches against the general public once a week (usually). However, limiting the use of our gameplay mechanics to our own servers would be pointless. Everyone involved would act in the same manner and use identical cheats. Since we are all from the same community, there would be no surprise or randomization to the matches, and as such would be just as dull as standard play.

Playing against other heckling communities would add replay value, but there are currently too few communities of such nature and even fewer servers that cater to hecklers. This tide seems to be changing with an ever-increasing interest in communities such as ours, but for the time being this prospect isn?t readily available. You see it?s the change in pattern that gives heckling such appeal. The redirection of focus and tempo that drives us. We enjoy breaking and recreating the rules; restricting ourselves to our own servers would not accomplish this goal.

You Are Ruining Other Peoples Fun

Or is it you who is allowing your fun to be ruined? How another player chooses to go about enjoying his or her copy of a game shouldn?t matter to someone who is a down to earth individual. In terms of cheats, if someone happens to be using an aimbot or wallhack so what? Continue playing the way you usually do, it isn?t as if your player?s character has been crippled in anyway so it should be immaterial to you. Many times players quit having fun in sight of hecklers because they cherish outdated gameplay to that of a holy grail. They don?t need to realize that there are other ways to derive pleasure from gaming than having the highest kill ratio.

Granted, there are exceptions, as heckling also evokes team killing, harassment, and general non-sense. As expected, such acts will cause some players to become irate. Admittedly we have a very egocentric view of online gaming, and this is where our ideologies with others clash. Our detractors insist that there is an unwritten and unified code of ethics to be followed amongst gamers; we do not share this belief. To us, the primary function of a game is enjoyment for the individual player, not to the gaming community as a whole.

All Hecklers Are twelve-Year-Olds/Script Kiddies/Punks/Terrorists/Whatever

And all Jews have big noses, all black people can?t see at night, and all Asians eat rice?give us a break. Stereotyping is a sad practice, online or off. The truth is the heckling community is a diverse group of individuals consisting of different ethnicities, ages, families, and social standings. You cannot accurately group together gaming hecklers anymore than you can group together the gaming community as a whole, or any other community for that manner. Remember, it wasn?t too long ago that all gamers (hecklers or not) were considered losers, void of any social life. Stereotyped people with thick horn rimmed glasses that had a bug collection and laughed with a snort. Over the years this negative image has shed away, and in time the same erroneous projection of hecklers will dissipate as well.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

LastResort

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2005, 02:30:58 am »
I was gonna say owned.. but i think Mullah Omar just ended this conversation...
I want revenge.