Author Topic: Amazing!  (Read 6938 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nane_Nena

  • Cheater Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« on: June 21, 2005, 12:42:40 pm »
Where shall I start...

When I first heard about this 'community', I just needed to take a look.
So I did!

Guess what, I am really roling over the floor laughing here! You guys for real?

You want to cheat... fine... you want to teamkill... fine... But thinking that you have the right to do that on another server than your own, you are totally wrong.
You don't own that server, so you don't say what can and cannot be done. Teamkilling and cheating on someone else's server is like not obeying the rules in somebodies house! Why? You think running a server is cheap? Doesn't cost money? Isn't much/hard work for a lot of people to build up such things? And you guys just think that you can just walk in, do whatever you like, start teamkilling, cheating, circumvating bans?
And you even believe that!? So it's also no problem if I come in your home, when you are not there, screw your dog, watch some television go take a bath, eat your kitchen empty and then leave again?
You think that 'cause this is internet' there is a real difference?

Really I found many many numb communities around the net, aswell as in real life, but this one really hits the sweetspot.

25 year olds, mixed up with 14 year olds and all the iq/eq of an ape. What a dissapointment!

The fact that you guys 'believe' in this stuff and promote it even makes you worse than monkeys. What a responsibilities!


In other words, piss off, start up your own server with your TKC-'friends' and start cheating and teamkilling eachother, that's what you guys want to do right? Then fire up your own server.


Don't think I am afraid or impressed, I am not at all and I got all the needed server utils etc. to keep your asses out and keeping the work on your asses as a minimal.

Just needed to post this from a moral point of view. Find something in your life worth to do, this is really something that kids of 12-14 do, and even then it's unacceptable.

[edit]
ps... your philosophy is full of contradictions, as stated by others, but I had to point this out: I read about not using this stuff on public/open servers where fair players play and such... well, why do you help people get unbanned then, you think they got banned because of fairplay? Anyway...you guys try to cover yourselves in on the one hand and on the other hand you support it..Hypocritism, anyone?
[/edit]

M. O.

  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • *
  • Posts: 9184
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Amazing!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 03:31:04 pm »
Quote
You don't own that server, so you don't say what can and cannot be done. Teamkilling and cheating on someone else's server is like not obeying the rules in somebodies house! Why? You think running a server is cheap? Doesn't cost money? Isn't much/hard work for a lot of people to build up such things? And you guys just think that you can just walk in, do whatever you like, start teamkilling, cheating, circumvating bans?
And you even believe that!? So it's also no problem if I come in your home, when you are not there, screw your dog, watch some television go take a bath, eat your kitchen empty and then leave again?
You think that 'cause this is internet' there is a real difference?


Haha, what a load of bs. "Teamkilling and cheating on someone else's server is like not obeying the rules in somebodies house!", yeah sure, and killing people on someone else's server is like killing people in somebodies house!? You can't compare real life with virtual life. Of course we can do what we want if it's possible and fun in the virtual world. There is no worldwide internet law, there is no anticheat police. As long as nothing is damaged and nobody gets hurt we can do what we want. Games are supposed to be fun. You can't decide whether people should shoot you or not because your admin, it's not your game.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Nane_Nena

  • Cheater Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 03:57:50 pm »
Quote from: Mullah Omar
Quote
You don't own that server, so you don't say what can and cannot be done. Teamkilling and cheating on someone else's server is like not obeying the rules in somebodies house! Why? You think running a server is cheap? Doesn't cost money? Isn't much/hard work for a lot of people to build up such things? And you guys just think that you can just walk in, do whatever you like, start teamkilling, cheating, circumvating bans?
And you even believe that!? So it's also no problem if I come in your home, when you are not there, screw your dog, watch some television go take a bath, eat your kitchen empty and then leave again?
You think that 'cause this is internet' there is a real difference?


Haha, what a load of bs. "Teamkilling and cheating on someone else's server is like not obeying the rules in somebodies house!", yeah sure, and killing people on someone else's server is like killing people in somebodies house!? You can't compare real life with virtual life. Of course we can do what we want if it's possible and fun in the virtual world. There is no worldwide internet law, there is no anticheat police. As long as nothing is damaged and nobody gets hurt we can do what we want. Games are supposed to be fun. You can't decide whether people should shoot you or not because your admin, it's not your game.


Lol, as a site admin/owner I whould have expected a somewhat more insightfull answer.

All is just to make an example, ofcoarse its not 100% comparable, but still you have to honour the guy or group that hosts the server, just like in real life. Every site, every server, and so on, you have to obey the owners/makers/admins. Simple as that, it's their SERVER, their MONEY and their TIME and WORK. First off you need to have respect for such a thing, even if you don't have that (left alone the fact that there is something wrong with you if so), you should respect the rules of the server. That is the whole point, and no matter what you say to make it look/sound good, still it isn't correct to say: We can do whatever we like on any server we like. That is just total bullshit...
To take an example of your 'there is no internet police/cheat police' and so on... here we go again: So if there is no police in the reallife, or no police 'around' or no law for it, you may murder, steal, abuse etc. anybody and anything? Get real.

Real life and 'virtual life' is connected to eachother, you may find that untrue, but then again, you are not very insightfull. Why? There are still people behind the other end of the pc's, it are still people whom you play with/against, and it are still people that bought a server, rented server-room, paying the bills and last but not least making things possible by working hard for it.

You can not deny that, and thus real life and virtual world are still connected with eachother. Maybe you are not in the same room, the same house, the same street, town or country, it doesn't matter, you are still humans together in one way or the other.

Now please come with some insightfull, thoughtoff discussion points, and points that make you guys philosophy a valid one. Cause all you can do until now is defend something with unconstructive bs. with no facts at all but just personal preferences, which mainly consist out of: we don't care, we do what we want.

Well, grow up, stop being childish and stop turning around the fact that all this: we do what we want, there is no internet-police or law against what we do on other peoples servers, and thus we will continue. .. . = B S and just immature "whatever" bullshit.

[another ps, oh yes]
You read the replies of your 'members' who dare to take the word 'we' (as in: you guys as a community) in their mouth and spilling childish stuff like we do what we want, we don't care, if we don't get handled nicely (which is just an personal view though), we will come to your server and mess you up, your game up, just for our personal pleasure and such.

I mean come on, in what world are you guys living in? Earth 1400's ?? 9 year old kids style of life and 'kicking against the society'?

I can not find any more words than just simply: c h i l d i sh
Be proud of it!
[/another ps, oh yes]

GameBro

  • Klass Klown
  • ***
  • Posts: 412
  • Ex TKC-OFP-Leader
    • View Profile
    • TKC what else?......
Amazing!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 04:47:37 pm »
yeah I think you need a Doctor. This is a Game you sick bastard not your World, or was you born in a Microwave? you and your IQ, some People are smarter then your Father or Mother, you maybe think your special or what?, this is WWW if your IQ allows you to understand what that means, if your soooo snart then do some Anticheats for your Game, or better go back to your Microwave you Genius.
***-=advanced_soldier=-***

Nane_Nena

  • Cheater Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 04:53:56 pm »
Quote from: [TKC]Advanced_Soldier
yeah I think you need a Doctor. This is a Game you sick bastard not your World, or was you born in a Microwave? you and your IQ, some People are smarter then your Father or Mother, you maybe think your special or what?, this is WWW if your IQ allows you to understand what that means, if your soooo snart then do some Anticheats for your Game, or better go back to your Microwave you Genius.


This is what I mean, unconstructive BS. I am here to discuss your philosophy with constructive points, I can't really say that you guys do the same. It shows me and hopefully others that there is no heroism in your philosophy and that it's pure a matter of selfishnish and 'ownage' type of stuff.

The fact in the other topic, about other people 'owning' me, you think we play ctf/tdm/dm? you think we play coop for kills and who is the best? Listen up, my view on all this is already that it is very childish, but I leave those people in their worthyness. I guess they don't know better, but this cheating/teamkilling on servers which go for teamwork, teamspirit COOP and have fun in that is totally unnecairy and totally bullshit. Yes, we play coop, as a friend/community thing, not in a clan with 'he owned this guy' and she owned that guy, whatever, totally out of the picture of how we play our games. The fact remains is that you guys have no right whatsoever to do whatever you like on my server aswell as others-servers, unlike you guys think.

You can make it a forum war or you can just be a man and start with constructive and valid points which make your philosophy valid. The only thing that I read in here is: we may do whatever we like. Well, if you use that to back up your philosophy, well then you guys are really nothing more than air to me.

Come on, give me some constructive feedback. If you can?

Plus the thing that bothers me most, actually, is the fact that even though the philosophy is just all about selfishness and immature, you guys think you earn credits by spilling your names in the games you fuck up, making tools for doing so and you think you earn credit and respect by this kind of things.. Well, let me tell you one thing, the only place where you guys gain respect is from yourselves and the rest of this childish community with the same view as you do. All the rest of the world will more hate you than respect you. You think you guys are right and the rest of the world are just stupid? Wake up, become an grownup man and get real.

ThisIsFun

  • Relentless Teamkiller
  • **
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 05:07:40 pm »
"We can do whatever we like on any server we like"

He didn't say that. He mentioned "As long as nothing is damaged and nobody gets hurt we can do what we want."

That statement contains ethics, and shows that he *does* consider the whole 'there is somebody behind the box' argument you make... And there are some people out there who wouldn't even adhere to that I admit.. but that's life. Just like there are killers/rapists In real life.


So, occasionally someone comes in and starts cheating in some fashion or another, rejoins after a banning.. How is this effecting you or the server-owner in real life?
The server-owner pay's money towards the server? Paid for the game?
Then using a form of your real-life-comparison style; isn't this like buying a car without seatbelts? or having prisons without walls?
If anything, you should be bitching and taking your argument to the game-makers. But they don't care. You keep questioning our morals, but ignore the real fault because they won't listen to you?
If you don't want cheaters, it's like not having crash-test-dummies man =P (I like this real life comparison stuff, it's easy to make a bad comparison yet still sound reasonable)
Looking at it from a view-point I don't embrace, We're the crash test dummies, letting game creators know their products suck and need improving? *shrugs*
"25 year olds, mixed up with 14 year olds and all the iq/eq of an ape. "
Look at the bright side, if all the cheaters in our community do fit into this category you lump us into, this must make the game dev's have roughly the same IQ as that of a shrew.
And surely if they manage to improve their games based upon previous flaws pointed out to them by you, the consumer, thanks to "us" the cheating community, then us having the 'collective IQ of an ape' should neeever be able to cheat again. Don't worry, your final solution is coming along nicely in the long run.

It may annoy you, okay....... ...... Nothing in real life annoys you? The way the government is doing things? The fact that some rich guy who should be sentenced to jail-time got off?
For example, I get annoyed because I think nobody should *have* to work to survive, or have to fight in a war if you're drafted.
But it's sadly something some have to live with.
You should know that as the saying goes, Life's a b.... and then you die. Because it's true.
The fact is, not everybody will agree on everything, so no matter what, you're not always gonna get what you want, and because of this, be annoyed about it.. You're annoyed about cheaters because they disagree with your personal viewpoint/standards/morals/beliefs

Online, cheating, cheaters get a satisfaction out of the game.. What the game is really intended for. (well, besides making an enormous profit for the developers)
We're getting the same thing as you, in a different way.
By being anti-cheater you're doing the same thing we apparently do to you, to us. Preventing us getting the satisfaction from the game the way we play it.
But, in the end, until you've stopped us, "We're better(tm)" (Or at least those that make the cheats are =P (I'm one of the not-so-better ones, but working towards the other end of the spectrum)).

If we have the collective IQ of an ape, do something about this Planet of the Apes situation you're in, mr smarty pants.

BAM! Now you have the right to call me childish.

 End of flaw-ridden, incoherent response..
Not all chemicals are bad. For example, without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen,

there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

[TKC]Anothercheater

  • Heckler Apprentice
  • ****
  • Posts: 1349
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 05:10:01 pm »
Quote from: Nane_Nena
This is what I mean, unconstructive BS. I am here to discuss your philosophy with constructive points, I can't really say that you guys do the same. It shows me and hopefully others that there is no heroism in your philosophy and that it's pure a matter of selfishnish and 'ownage' type of stuff.

The fact in the other topic, about other people 'owning' me, you think we play ctf/tdm/dm? you think we play coop for kills and who is the best? Listen up, my view on all this is already that it is very childish, but I leave those people in their worthyness. I guess they don't know better, but this cheating/teamkilling on servers which go for teamwork, teamspirit COOP and have fun in that is totally unnecairy and totally bullshit. Yes, we play coop, as a friend/community thing, not in a clan with 'he owned this guy' and she owned that guy, whatever, totally out of the picture of how we play our games. The fact remains is that you guys have no right whatsoever to do whatever you like on my server aswell as others-servers, unlike you guys think.

You can make it a forum war or you can just be a man and start with constructive and valid points which make your philosophy valid. The only thing that I read in here is: we may do whatever we like. Well, if you use that to back up your philosophy, well then you guys are really nothing more than air to me.

Come on, give me some constructive feedback. If you can?

Plus the thing that bothers me most, actually, is the fact that even though the philosophy is just all about selfishness and immature, you guys think you earn credits by spilling your names in the games you fuck up, making tools for doing so and you think you earn credit and respect by this kind of things.. Well, let me tell you one thing, the only place where you guys gain respect is from yourselves and the rest of this childish community with the same view as you do. All the rest of the world will more hate you than respect you. You think you guys are right and the rest of the world are just stupid? Wake up, become an grownup man and get real.


1. We dont want to change what we allready do.
2. Cheating in coops is even funnier :o
3. We dont expect or want any credit for that what we do - we want fun!

ps. only thing that i want to accept is that we r maybe like little kids playing this game in the way we like it, what not means that we r stupid or retarded ... we r maybe "old",  but even a old daddy wants to have fun sometimes (as example).

Nane_Nena

  • Cheater Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 05:20:21 pm »
Quote from: ThisIsFun
"We can do whatever we like on any server we like"

BAM! Now you have the right to call me childish.

 End of flaw-ridden, incoherent response..


This is getting somewhere, still somewhat crazy written, but here come points to discuss from.

First of all I was not only talking about him, but about the whole community about posts like: we dont care we do what we want, ever, never, whatever.

Second, if you guys are so good making cheats and thus actually finding exploitable bugs, that doesn't mean you have to fuck up other's games with it, nor make it public so sick twisted little minds can get hold of it. You should report it to the game developers, and if they dont do anything with it...well too bad for you then and maybe 'us'... but don't bother other people with it. There are a lot of unmanaged servers around there, maybe you dont notice the damage that you do up there...altough there will leave a lot of guys which played with eachother, after a while, because of so many cheaters and not fun to play there anymore.
Still on the more managed servers with a vast community/members, the inpact is bigger and  either way in both it's unwanted to have 'you' guys around. Like ourselves, we play coop, serious, as a team, taking it one inch by inch, being sometimes for over an hour on a map to not get killed ( teamrespawn ) and getting the whole team through it, alive, so with teamspirit and to make it as real as possible, and that gives the kick.

As soon as one of you guys joins while there are 3 gooks left, the team has lost just 1 man, and are almost at the end of their 'long jerney', and the joining guy pops a nade in between everyone and leaves, gets banned, comes back and so on, yes you are messing up other people's games and fun. And yes, you are not welcome then. Simple as that, it's my server, its my house, I make the rules and not the other way around. This sounds more harsh than it is, but word by word its the pure truth.

I came here on the forums because I needed to post my feelings about all this cheating, teamkilling, rejoining, not following rules kinda stuff and you guys name: TCK-community.net name popped up a while back, so yes, I come complain here.

Fine you want to be heroic in making games better, by finding cheats and making them seen by the developers.. but leave peoples servers for that alone or find other means and ways... Furthermore, you think that developing games nowadays is easy, everyone has enough money, they have all budgets like EA games and others, and so on and so on, so they can make perfect games and work out bugs for over years and years afterewards.. get real, everything in life costs money, a lot is done for fun, but still people need to get breakfast and other food on their table, so they have to work on different things too, and so on... Think about that one.

[qoute="whatever"]
1. We dont want to change what we allready do.
2. Cheating in coops is even funnier :o
3. We dont expect or want any credit for that what we do - we want fun!

ps. only thing that i want to accept is that we r maybe like little kids playing this game in the way we like it, what not means that we r stupid or retarded ... we r maybe "old",  but even a old daddy wants to have fun sometimes (as example).[/quote]

So why the hell do you want to do this on my, or any other guys server then? Do whatever you want, but do it on your own server, right? or you dont have enough money to buy one? Not enough guys who want to play with you on your server... Just tell me what it is? Have fun, do it on your own server, or one of your friends who support your philosophy, not on others servers, because of the numereous reasons I already posted..

hoax-ravenheckler

  • Master Heckler
  • *****
  • Posts: 2429
  • Still the same old
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 05:27:07 pm »
Everyone got there own definition of "fucking up the game".

I think that the clan cheating is the worse.
Your opinion is that making cheats is the worst thing that could happen.

And you think the TKC dev's are cheating in public and teamkilling?
If you would have read earlyer topics about this than you would have known many of us are against the teamkilling.
Quote
There's never time to do things right, but there's always time to do it over.

Nane_Nena

  • Cheater Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 05:32:18 pm »
Quote from: HoaX
Everyone got there own definition of "fucking up the game".

I think that the clan cheating is the worse.
Your opinion is that making cheats is the worst thing that could happen.

And you think the TKC dev's are cheating in public and teamkilling?
If you would have read earlyer topics about this than you would have known many of us are against the teamkilling.

Being against teamkilling, and still calling your community and toppics TeamKill and Cheating Community or whatever it stands for? Come on, open your eyes. Like posted before at one hand you say no, but on the other hand you support it?
What do you expect with such forums etc, that people will not do it? A little bit responsibility could be in place you know? Or everyone forgot what that means?

Clan cheating? Screw clans, never wanted to be associated with them, never wanna be one and never wanna be in one. All stuff about ownage and pwnage and whatever you guys call the: I am better than every single one of you...come on. Play games for fun and pleasure, not for who is the best. Besides, our point of view of teamplay..I already explained.. So let's leave it by that.

You guys write tools to circumvate bans, promote teamkilling and cheating, on or not on public servers, it doesnt matter, the result is simply that people start using your 'knowledge', your tools, your cheats, your name and start screwing up other people's games. And all that is in the context of how is being played on the server (and that is defined by the admin/owner of it, and NOT by the gamers on it)

[edit]
Besides, I am not against cheating, not that I do it or ever use cheating (cant beat a game, then get better!), do what you want. But leave servers alone and dont make your tools public so every numnut can start screwing up games where they want. A lot of servers play teamplay, and yes cheaters do fuckup the games there, especially on teamrespawn servers etc. Because it's highly irritating but I have the idea that a few guys do love that part...
[/edit]

[edit2]
btw, if you follow the rules on servers, you will be respected. So there is no reason for getting banned, and starting to rejoin/cheat/teamkill. Simple as that, so mainly there is no reason to start fucking up other's games... At least thats the way on my servers. But still my pov stands: you are in someone else's server, you are bound to their rules and ruling. Simple as that, and because this is internet, it doesnt mean it gets turned around.
[/edit2]

ThisIsFun

  • Relentless Teamkiller
  • **
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 05:54:56 pm »
Quote from: Nane_Nena

First of all I was not only talking about him, but about the whole community about posts like: we don't care we do what we want, ever, never, whatever.

But.. you just can't lump a large group of people together under one heading.
That's like saying all anti-cheaters are crybaby's who only and moan and have never provided the gaming community with anything useful (which in my opinion is as bad if not worse than cheating)

Sure, we may all annoy you the same, but that doesn't mean we all ruin your gameplay (as such).. I personally, in recent history, have only ever used wallhacks in CS:S to stalk people and knife them. Often my k:d ratio was 1:4 because it's hard to move around without being spotted by someone else other than the person you follow, but you get the idea), that doesn't 'destroy' gameplay in the generalized way you may make it sound. I think. Just a personal opinion there, like everything I say.


Quote from: Nane_Nena
but don't bother other people with it. .... ..after a while, because of so many cheaters and not fun to play there anymore.

Well, consider it may be because it is an oldish game, and oldish games do tend to die out over time.. Not always through cheaters? Though, you may loose an even larger chunk of the community if people were leaving because it was getting old, and cheats weren't there. Cheating adds a whole new element, which conversely to what you're saying, would make people stay longer, while admittedly making some who were getting bored of it anyway, leave. I'd guess it'd equal the natural-die-out-rate of a game all in all =P


Quote from: Nane_Nena

 it's my server, its my house, I make the rules and not the other way around.

That's a problem though, because you can't compare it to 'Your house" as it's more like a public park. You allow people to play there, and every so often, those dog-gone kids will drink in it, even though it's again your rules. But there's no way to constantly enforce this.. so.. yeah.. *shrugs*

Quote from: Nane_Nena
they have all budgets like EA games and others, and so on and so on, so they can make perfect games and work out bugs for over years and years afterwards.. get real, everything in life costs money, a lot is done for fun, but still people need to get breakfast and other food on their table, so they have to work on different things too, and so on...

well, now you mention it:
(March 31st, 2005; EA reported a profit for the full year of $504 million, off more than $70 million from the previous year's earnings.)
I suppose in the big picture that's not a lot of profit, but to have a successful business, it alllll depends on your product. Improving their product may cost them money in the short term, but give them greater profits in the long run? It's like when somebody first sets up a business, they pretty much have to loose money to begin with because of all the setting up / development they have to do to that business. I don't see what would make EA or anyone really exempt. If they developed decent anti cheating software, as well as making their products more popular through lack of cheaters compared to other games, after a while they could lease the Anti-Cheat technology to other game companies, making even more profit.

Crazier written by hoki..

{Edit-ith} I too, was once annoyed by Cheaters, and more-so by team killers, hence why I've never really TK'd, unless the person deserves it (And only one person in memory has ever been deserving of it really...){/Edit-ith}
Not all chemicals are bad. For example, without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen,

there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Solomon

  • Cheater Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 06:12:25 pm »
My post will be very short, just the main idea.

OK, you have fun when you are cheating, killing each others, destroying somebody else's game.
But - why are you doing it even on locked servers? Servers that are locked because they want to be alone there?
If a server is not passworded, it means it is a public, free server. Everybody can go in and do whatever he wants. That's true.
But if server has a password? Why you feel a need to go there (bypass the psw) and destroy somebody's game? Password is a 100% understandable sign "we don't want you here".
Yes, you have a right to make a tool that can bypass server password. But I think you've already tested it enough. So why do you feel a need to use it more?
You'd have my respect if you'd make such tools, report it to Pterodon and let them do something with it (or just ignore it, but it is not your problem).
As already Nane said - you like what you do, so do it, no problem for me. No problem for me till you join my LOCKED server and ruin my game. If somebody have open server, no admins on it, his fault. He says - you can do whatever you want, I'm giving you this server. But when I lock my server, it is different.

Quote from: ThisIsFun

That's a problem though, because you can't compare it to 'Your house" as it's more like a public park. You allow people to play there, and every so often, those dog-gone kids will drink in it, even though it's again your rules. But there's no way to constantly enforce this.. so.. yeah.. *shrugs*

That's exactly what am I talking about now. The red part is not true, if the server is locked. Think about it.

That's all I wanted to say.
(And btw I've never seen Nane_Nena, I'm writing this on my own. Although I share some ideas with him as I see.)

Nane_Nena

  • Cheater Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 06:28:12 pm »
Quote from: ThisIsFun

Well, consider it may be because it is an oldish game, and oldish games do tend to die out over time.. Not always through cheaters? Though, you may loose an even larger chunk of the community if people were leaving because it was getting old, and cheats weren't there. Cheating adds a whole new element, which conversely to what you're saying, would make people stay longer, while admittedly making some who were getting bored of it anyway, leave. I'd guess it'd equal the natural-die-out-rate of a game all in all =P

That's a problem though, because you can't compare it to 'Your house" as it's more like a public park. You allow people to play there, and every so often, those dog-gone kids will drink in it, even though it's again your rules. But there's no way to constantly enforce this.. so.. yeah.. *shrugs*


Ok here we go,  first of all thanks for your reply,build up of reasonable points and well powered by facts and thoughts.

My comment about it:
We play VC aswell as OFP in a way that the game doesnt die out that easily, our way is original altough mainly based on the tour of teamrespawn, long time ago. We play the games with teamspirit, coop, friendlyness and together with the ingame voice and funny guys, it makes it almost feel like a family, a brotherhood/army platoon idea. This sounds maybe gay, I don't care. Because of this way of play we stay as a big community, playing the same game with loads of different maps and players, all in the teamspirit way, teamrespawn, get the whole team through, teamleader, etc. etc. There is no room for TK'ers or cheaters nor rambo's. Simple as that . To come back on the point; you make the games as interesting as you want, also without cheats, tk and so on and so on. Both games still live heavily with us and I guess it will be at least until vc2/ofp2/aa comes out. So to round that up: There are other ways than cheating, which comply more to honesty, fairplay and teamspirit. Thats the way we play, thats the way we do it, and we don't need tk'ers, rambo'ers or any cheaters or whatever.

About the house/server part, the fact remains, we have many admins, we have some rules, WE decide if somebody may play yes or no and really, and then I mean really really, NOT the other way around. And don't get this wrong, everyone can just play with us as long as they are following the rules, if they don't they can get kicked, explained, an hour ban, a few hours ban.. maybe longer, but still there is an active admin force around. So it's obey or leave, and IMHO we have all the right to do that, and the players have LESS right to try to get back in by hacking/cracking/cheating and what so ever. Again, it's my server, it's my playground, call it like you want, and you are bound to my/our rules.

Teamkilling on servers like these, SUCKS, cheaters..well haven't seen them yet nor spotted them, but also SUCKS, guys circumvating bans are IRRITATING but ok, it comes with the 'job'.

My question mroe to you guys is, stop the nonsense on servers that dont want you, don't think you really may do what you want to do, because it really doesnt work like that, and it only brings up hate and misunderstandings. And I stay with my statement IMHO its immature!

And you are right, I shouldn't talk about EVERYONE in this community, because you have good guys and bad guys, but being called the TKC-Community and reading about teamkilling, cheats, bancircumvating etc, doesn't really give me a nice view on this..

ThisIsFun

  • Relentless Teamkiller
  • **
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 06:42:22 pm »
I understand your issue with locked servers, and I personally don't dispute that case.

However, like I said, you can't just lump all cheaters together in what they do, not all of them do do (tee hee) that. I'd respect the servers privacy personally, but I'm still (occasionally) a cheater..

I just know, that when people go on about cheaters, because I class myself as such, even though the way I cheat it's usually less than disruptive, it still points fingers to me, and my way of doing things differs from some/most.. Even though I can't speak for the whole community, like nobody can, I can speak for myself, and the way I cheat, I don't see why many would have much of a real problem with *me*. It's just sort of a personal blow.

So I guess my point is, like you've done, point out the things you dislike, don't just say "i hate teh cheat0rs because they maek my rank go down!!!1!" that will make you sound a tad more like a reasonable human being and .. yeah. At least get you listened to, perhaps.

Now you can have anyone who does that sorta joining locked server thing, reply, and at least you'll be able to communicate about it and it won't frag in the riff raff like me who can't see what you're trying to put across
Not all chemicals are bad. For example, without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen,

there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

ThisIsFun

  • Relentless Teamkiller
  • **
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Amazing!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 06:52:41 pm »
Quote from: Nane_Nena
And you are right, I shouldn't talk about EVERYONE in this community, because you have good guys and bad guys, but being called the TKC-Community and reading about teamkilling, cheats, bancircumvating etc, doesn't really give me a nice view on this..


Like er .. HoaX said
Quote
And you think the TKC dev's are cheating in public and teamkilling?
If you would have read earlyer topics about this than you would have known many of us are against the teamkilling.


Sure, it may be named the TKC-community, but it's not just the name that brings people to a community, sometimes it's just being around people that you like and may not fully agree with, but enjoy their company/style/common viewpoints and so on.. Not everyone in the racing community love racing, but just have an overall fascination with cars, and what better place to find likewise minded people than in a racing community(?)

Anyway, I'm tired having had little sleep over the past week, so after I finish up my assessment I shall be sleeping. Nice debating with you.
Not all chemicals are bad. For example, without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen,

there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.