Poll

Freedom of speech in forums?

I follow the heard.......Mooooooooooo!
5 (26.3%)
Give me Freedom or give me forum death.....bitch!
14 (73.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: June 09, 2005, 02:53:31 pm

Author Topic: Free speech?!  (Read 3583 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Free speech?!
« on: June 09, 2005, 02:40:32 pm »
Well we all no what happens if you do not say "moooo!" and follow the heard on Gathering and Pterodon forums.

Freedom of speach is just not allowed but if your a brain dead fanboy you can SING ALONG!

However most people who come to this site beleive in FREEDOM of SPEECH!

So which one are you?

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Jimmy

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jimmyschot.com
Free speech?!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 06:28:36 pm »
Dont confuse the lack of knowledge - but still posting shit, with unberbuild arguments that gives you a reason to yell something.

You can think and say what you want, ( within nomal proportions)
as long you tell us why, with some good arguments.

thats the main purpose of a forum.

We share our opinions, and we can learn from others.

LastResort

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Free speech?!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 02:29:28 am »
Z the reason your beeing a little bitch about Gathering is that you were going on about Fate/n00b/darkbyte what ever he was called.. and how your not the bad guys. And come on.. no one really liked you.. well Nico did but he likes everyone! :D

So i say Moooo becuase forums are meant to be moderated! If i was to call you a cocksucking son of a whore you wouldn't like it and the Mod's would delete my post and probably ban me or give me a warning.. why?! Because no body like to be called a cocksucking son of a whore do they? So the post gets deleted and a flame war is evaded... Because you don't want a flame war filling up your forum pages..

Now this is just like life, if i went to town and stood on a box and pointed to the homless man sitting in the street and shouted:

"Hey you, you cocksucking son of whore.. get a f**ing job you lazy ass hole!"

One of three things could happen:
1.He would get up and beat the sh*t outta me
2.The police would be called for breaching the peace
3.People would shout at me, and maby a few laugh at the homless man. So everyone argues with each other and a fight breaks out!

Well the point is i wouldn't do that becuase it's not a very nice thing to do. But still freedom of speech is a good thing.. as long as its moderated. :wink:
I want revenge.

TheHeckler!

Free speech?!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 04:14:48 am »
Quote from: LastResort
Z the reason your beeing a little bitch about Gathering is that you were going on about Fate/n00b/darkbyte what ever he was called.. and how your not the bad guys. And come on.. no one really liked you.. well Nico did but he likes everyone! :D

So i say Moooo becuase forums are meant to be moderated! If i was to call you a cocksucking son of a whore you wouldn't like it and the Mod's would delete my post and probably ban me or give me a warning.. why?! Because no body like to be called a cocksucking son of a whore do they? So the post gets deleted and a flame war is evaded... Because you don't want a flame war filling up your forum pages..

Now this is just like life, if i went to town and stood on a box and pointed to the homless man sitting in the street and shouted:

3.People would shout at me, and maby a few laugh at the homless man. So everyone argues with each other and a fight breaks out!

Well the point is i wouldn't do that becuase it's not a very nice thing to do. But still freedom of speech is a good thing.. as long as its moderated. :wink:

LR,

Although Z can be a bit...unhindered with his posts and admits to the 12oz curl as his favorite form of exercise, I assure you he can fully grasp the concepts you speak of; and without them being spoon fed to him as if he were a child. Z is not suggesting forum users should be able to call others a "cock sucking whore" and the like. The point he is making is that the gathering forums often will lambaste those who do not agree with their ideals, even if they attempt to argue it in a mature fashion. In fact, many cheaters here at TKC in the early days of Vietcong (myself included) were called names along the lines of "you cocksucking whore, POS, whatever" without any motivator, other than the fact that we were self admitted cheaters. And on top of that, they got away with it, merely because they were popular posters with the mods.

The comparison that you failed to grasp is that here at TKC, we are far less aggressive and mean towards posters who challenge our gameplay style, if they can do it in an intelligent and non hostile way. A few of your early posts fit this meld, but unfortunately it seems you're allowing your feelings to get the better of you and now reducing what was an intelligent debate, into a mud slinging contest. Z has the power to ban you from this community if he so chooses, but instead has chosen not to abuse his power and allow you stay. On the contrary, when he was on the gathering forums expressing an equally unpopular opinion, he was shown no such leniency.

Sometimes Z?s enthusiasm can overshadow the point he is trying to make clear to others, but if you take a deep breath and read carefully, you?ll see its in there. If you believe that my take on how TKC treats ?guests? like yourself is not accurate, I encourage you to take a gander at the myg0t forums for a comparison?I believe in the end, you?ll find TKC is much more tolerate and courteous community towards anti-cheaters than just about any other.  :wink:

LastResort

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Free speech?!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 10:10:08 pm »
Ok fine, i'll put my hand up to that. I have been a bit harsh recently. But the only reason is that i go inot a game and see you guys in their spoiling other people games by Tk'ing. And for all you hecklers reading this i understand that this may be your goal, to gain plesure in TK'ing others and pissing them off! But do you guys not stop for a second and think... "Wow im spoiling this kid's game.. he probably had a hard day at school and just wants to come home and relax by playing a bit of VC.."

Im sure that you guys are learning valuble skills by doing what you do.. changing the code of the game or what ever it might be, and creating art for the game you guys are making, who knows that maby even one day these skills might get you a job in computing or anything likewise... But i don't see the benefit to your community, to other players and to your selfs in TK'ing! Just running through a map and TK'ing. And yes it's hard for me to say i agree with one or two aspects of TKC..
1. Why play by the rules that the rest of the world plays by..
2.Bringing out new cheats prolongs the game life.. patches get released maby even a few new weapons or mission add on's in between.

And yes i know that some of you do not play with cheats in public servers, and thats good i suppose. But Z you piss me off by constantly non stop bitching about the *AUS* guys.. i don't wanna hear it man. I've seen no hard proof that they are using cheats, keeping them or doing any thing else to harm the community. If you can show me some evidence then fine, you'll have made a beliver out of me and maby i will take your words more seriously.. But Z as a fella without all the VC shit in between you seem fine to me.

Well thats what i think... i did my best to bite my proverbial tounge in this post. With a bit of luck i havn't offended any one, jsst made you see what i feel like..
I want revenge.

TheHeckler!

Free speech?!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 12:23:03 am »
That was a much better represented post LR, thank you for taking what I said to heart.

LastResort

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Free speech?!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 03:05:53 am »
Always a pleasure...
I want revenge.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Free speech?!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 12:47:01 pm »
Well speaking only for myself....it would not bother me what I was called.

What I was getting at was "if" you post a viewpiont or DARE to point out an error on those forums your post might just get DELEATED.....or......the whole thread will be closed-deleated.

You for one should know this as it has happened to you on those forums.

Forum commies for admin-mods.

I do agree that SOME lvl of moderation need be apply......but I am alot more easy going than perhaps most in that respect.

Anyhow,if you point out some flaw,injustice,error or care to post a link to information "others" would......edit.......just go right ahead becuase here we want to hear it and thus do not fear it.

Z

PS: I am to old to settle for anything short of freedom.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

LastResort

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Free speech?!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 05:31:29 am »
Yeah so the gatherinf forums piss me off. Technicaly im on a warning level but they can't make it show up on my status.. I just got a PM from a mod of the gathering forums asking me to edit:

"F***ing"

What the fuck!!!! Now if i had said that then i would have gotten my ass banned! Z was right man, and im a stupid sod for not seeing it!

[EDIT]: AND i had a post deleted! Bullshit man, its all bullshit!

[EDIT#2]: AND i've had a load of posts deleted from the pterodon servers and recived countless PM's from the mods! Freedom of speech my ass!

Yeah im really pissed!

(Can i change my vote?!  :lol:  :twisted: )
I want revenge.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Free speech?!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 08:21:06 am »
Did anyone even CLICK on the two links in the first post?

Anyone know about #6 ?

LastResort

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Free speech?!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 07:05:29 pm »
Yeah i saw that on Tv a while ago, it was first aired a bit before my time. It's about a secret agent who quits the organisation he is with, gets kidnaped and placed on this island with loads of other people. The hope of his captors are that while he is their he will release some super secret info. He makes many attempts to escape the island during his stay. Also in place of human gaurds they have these huge ballon like balls.. that are litterally indestructable.. and basicly if you try to run they just jump on you and sufficate you.

As far has i know he naver made it off the island.. hang on i'll ask my dad what it was called.... it was called "The Prisoner" and the man in the photo is named: Patrick McGoohan. HERE is a link to the site.
I want revenge.

[TKC]Lasher

• Heckler Apprentice
  • IWHBYD
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Free speech?!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 07:30:41 am »

roflmfao!!! u deserve an emmy for that!!
Whenever work feels overwhelming, just remember that you are going to die.

[TKC]Snake

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
Free speech?!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 09:47:07 pm »
But still freedom of speech is a good thing.. as long as its moderated. :wink:

True

LastResort

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Free speech?!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 10:23:59 pm »
Thanks brown nose. And that was before i "turned".. but yeah i kinda blacked out when i typed that bit :wink:
I want revenge.

[TKC]Snake

• Heckler Apprentice
    • View Profile
Free speech?!
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 02:28:41 am »
You seem to think if anyone agrees with anyone they are ass kissers

WHY?