Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 747 times)

TheHeckler!

Star Wars
« on: May 20, 2005, 10:57:34 am »
I just got back from seeing the film...my critque? Pretty good...although "could have been better" is still an appropriate description, just like the last two star wars films. The begining and end parts of the movie felt very rushed (especially the end) and was a little light on decent plot development. Make no mistake, there is a LOT of plot development, but it just gets dumped on the viewer in large clumps at a time, rather than a slow trickle like most good moives (such as star wars ep. IV through VI). One of the villians in the movie acts, sounds, and looks like he was taken striaght out of a comic book, and his lines and behavior are just so cheesy you can't help but laugh. Also, several characters (mainly the Jedi) make down right ass-stupid decisions that they should have predicted would not have a pleasant outcome.

Still, it was better than the last two remditions of the series, and I can honestly say that finally we have another star wars without that annoying walking fish, "jar jar binks". Actually, he is in one short scene at the end of the movie, but he doesn't talk (thankfully). The fight and battle scenes are very well done, and have several funny quirps here and there to lighten things up a bit. Make no mistake however, that this is a very dark movie compared to any other star wars film, and some of the scenes are espically downright nefarious.

The main problem with episode III is the same problem with the last two, and it's because of today's culture. Regardless of how dear his movies are to him, Lucas feels the need to cash in by altering his methods to meet the whims of our popular culture. This change of which I speak of course is the over saturation of action over storyline, which gives many of today's movies lots of eye candy and "wow, look at that" appeal, but prevents movies from achieving truley memorable experiences.

Anyway, that's my rant, time for me to go to bed...feel free to disagree with me after you watch the movie.

Oh, and...(sorry can't help it) May the force be with you!  :lol:

[TKC]BlueGrass

• Heckler
    • View Profile
Star Wars
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 05:09:47 pm »
Yeah there was a lot of CGI- added to that a BEEF load of fight scenes in III

...But I have to say my most fav moment is when the mask of Vader comes down on Anikins head, silence takes over for a few moments, then you hear the infamous 'coooahh chee, coooohhh chee'

Send the hairs up on my arms!

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Star Wars
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 01:32:37 am »
Mini-Z saw it 2 times on the big screen and loved it.
I saw it awhile back but thought it sucked and deleated it.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Star Wars
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 01:38:54 am »
Juast got it on DVD, will watch it tomorrow.

Crossmol

• Heckler
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Star Wars
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 03:34:59 am »
Relled -> saw 5 minutes -> delled  :lol:
Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow...

[TKC]BlueGrass

• Heckler
    • View Profile
Star Wars
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 11:52:53 am »
Sacrilege! You have to give a classic film more than 5 minutes!!!!!

That?s barely sufficient time to get through the beginning credits   :shock: