Author Topic: Eggorado Discussion  (Read 11578 times)

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Eggorado Discussion
« on: April 22, 2005, 07:57:58 pm »
This topic is intended to discuss the new TKC Game, Eggorado.
If you've got opinions, suggestions or something similar post them here.

Some early screens have been uploaded to the Gallery (there will be more later on)

------
Original article is located here
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

hoax-ravenheckler

• Master Heckler
  • Still the same old
    • View Profile
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 02:56:59 pm »
To what game will it be similliar to?
There's never time to do things right, but there's always time to do it over.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 03:09:47 pm »
A game like VC but with worms graphics and fun content (not as serious as a 3d war simulator game).

Jimmy

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jimmyschot.com
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 03:42:47 am »
Im willing to help level/item designing if u need help.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 04:05:49 am »
Quote from: [TKC]LaVaPlaToZz
Im willing to help level/item designing if u need help.

You are a good Joe Jimmy......If the sysop thinks that the skills I know you have are a benifit you get my vote to join the project. Eh,if I was asked that is. :)

In any event I will see that you are informed of any project I think you may have an intrust in. Skilled minds need to gather together free of outside and  external BS and propaganda...for there own sake.

PS. If I am having alot of typos right now it is the pain from my back (not that I always spell correctly when I am not in pain).

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Jimmy

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 04:24:58 am »

made in 4 minutes, dont be hating  :wink:

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 05:13:27 am »
Hey I already said you had talent....now show off!

When the project is about ready to be free to the public I am sure the sysop will ask for your help to improve the graphix of the end product.

My self I think it will be projected to a 8-14 year old group as the most parents would PAY for such a game for their kids and as such should be a target group.

This is part of what I think the efforts should be geard (spl?) towards at this point.

Remember that the idea is to gather skills and provide the ULTIMATE in promotion for such people in respect to promote'n them to set up their own software company....as such,mass market sales = largest profit/return to those involved.

This forum has managed to gather the brightest online minds of our time. In the last few months they have started to work together as part of the new TKC dirrection in an honest effort by it's skilled members and Staff to support and premote their skills outside of just programming cheats
(or spelling,Z points to self!).

Together we ...from both sides of the same coin....now gather to support one another in a comman goal.

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

TheHeckler!

Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 07:33:13 am »
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Excellent work Lava! Mullah, this pic definately (spl) deserves to be posted on the main site. Lava, I think with some minor tweaking (background needs some attention & the cowboy needs some hands and a gun) your pic could certainly be considered the most appropriate artwork to advertise the game.

Keep at it lava...you obviously have great talent in this area, and TKC will without a doubt, benefit from it.  :wink:

[edit]

Just saw your mention that you only worked on the pic for 4 mintues...can hardly imagine what you can do with an hour at your disposal.  :lol:

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 10:07:09 am »
I have been watching him for many months on a few forums/sites. He has some talent as I have already stated.

He also seems to be a hard worker in his efforts with PMT.

He should by all rights be given any/all help as possible to advance/promote his talents.

Jimmy

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 01:24:32 pm »
thanks for the feedback guys, if I can help in any way, im honoured to do so.  :)

"u got 5 ehhhh 4 seconds before i start emptying my vicious weapon of mass destruction on you... go ahead.. make my day"

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 08:19:30 pm »
It's very good for 4 mins of work. I especially liked that hat lol. But try to add some cellshading to the egg/scene :wink:

We're not completely sure about what models, animations, textures, scenes etc there'll be, but once we know we are open to all kind of help. We haven't got very far yet. Sometime in the end of this summer we get a better overview. We need to change loads of things in the coop structure during the summer as we mainly speak swedish right now too.

The game will likely not be commercial either. It's possible that parts or the whole of the game will be open source also.  :)

Jimmy

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 10:23:55 pm »
ill be on stand-by  8)

Wizkid

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Nothin much
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 02:48:37 am »
Sup?!  (:

Hehe.. been talking about this game with m.o. and thought I'd give it a try..
I need some time off my Troll model anyway, and it seems like a real fun concept..
Eggorado.. who can resist that name? ;D

Just speed-modeled it earlier today, couldn't be bothered to render it at that time cause well..
the sun was shining :P.. and now I've got hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomeworks >_<
Gonna render it tomorrow tho

Playing around with some temporary vertex color. (this is not a render or the final colors :P)

Wireframe/BoundingBox:

THUMBNAILS, Click Em ;)
shut the fuck up!

[TKC] ~<{LTC}>~

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 03:05:50 am »
yo dude wazzup :D
southpark:
global warming is going to strike two days before the day after tomorrow

TheHeckler!

Eggorado Discussion
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 11:53:28 am »
well it looks like lava doesn't have a monopoly on visual talent, excellent work...both of you!  :)

Oh, and welcome back Wiz!