Author Topic: Banned from server  (Read 593 times)

DogFace

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Banned from server
« on: March 13, 2005, 06:08:49 pm »
I recently got banned from a server for tk-ing a first rate tosser.Since joining this forum ive read loads of posts so i thought i'd have a go at trying to get back in the server. I d/l IDBlaster plus to change the windows product id.That seemd quite straight forward.Then i d/l volumeid and changed the id of my hard drive (This had to be done in DOS) and that seemed to work but when i tried to rejoin the server i got the same message banned from server.I dont have a static ip So i looked at trying to emulate/change my hd serial number.It seems there is a way to do this but it seems to be beyond me and i was wondering if anyone else has managed this because i beleive that the serial number is held in the boot sector as well as the Rom of the hard drive and i'm unsure what to do from here.Any help would br gratefully appreciated

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Banned from server
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 12:30:50 am »
I can't go into much detail as a program has been out for along time that does this and I have both myself and the person who gave me the program have been very busy with class....and I agreed to not put it in the d/l section without his permission.

You have the basic idea down...what you need is a script to intercept and report back a random # when a program askes for ser #.

Z

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

DogFace

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Banned from server
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 01:20:29 am »
i think i know what you mean z.I have seen the script but was unsure how to use it but i'll look a bit further and see if i can figure it out thx for the prompt reply