Author Topic: [Bug] Invisible soldiers  (Read 951 times)

[TKC]Hubertus

• SCP Developer
  • Klass Klown
    • View Profile
[Bug] Invisible soldiers
« on: January 06, 2005, 05:38:32 am »
I just found this on the BI-Forums:

Hi,

Marshal Law of the TNT League here. Tonight I have been made aware of a simple 'bug' in OFP which could seriously ruin some players game if you didnt know about it. I also tell you of a simple solution.

If during a match the game has to be reassigned, and the admin goes back to the briefing screen instead of completely reassigning, a cheat could if he is quick enough, hit 'esc' before the game reassigns and go into the graphics screen, he can then wait for the other players to 'green up' and then he simply presses continue, you will find that he will re-enter the map invisible!!! His body will be stood in one spot as if he was about to disconnect, but he can move around the map invisible and shoot his opponents.

With this in mind - my own league (and I suggest every server admin reading this)  should restart each match - rather than just go back to the briefing screen if your game needs to be restarted (like in a lag test).

It just goes to show that a simple bug in OFP can still emerge even after 3 and a half years of intensive play!

Marshal Law
TNT League Owner
http://www.tntleague.com

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
[Bug] Invisible soldiers
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 01:17:21 pm »
Hahaw nice   :cigarr

Maybe it's possible to make this effect working in normal play also, as the option seems to be "built in".
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Louden

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
[Bug] Invisible soldiers
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 04:50:09 pm »
I thought if you type /reassign you go back to the "choose east or west" screen rather than the briefing screen. What is the command to go back to briefing?
Blow me.

Awruk

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
[Bug] Invisible soldiers
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 08:58:11 pm »
#restart

Grama

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
[Bug] Invisible soldiers
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 12:33:14 am »
:cigarr hehehe thx for the information but i dont know when push restart?  :bounce2