Author Topic: Spyware remover  (Read 1712 times)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Spyware remover
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2005, 02:58:26 am »
This is also a good one and free for 30 days....use the UPDATE befor running and tell it to check ALL drives and ALL folders as well as search compressed files:

http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/

Also get the free programs and windows "fixs" from Steve Gibson http://www.grc.com as they close exploits/ports/services that in some cases have been around from Windows 95 and still not patched by Microsoft in XP!

Also run your AV 1 day each week while computer in in "Safe Mode" or you may mis a few things as some bypass the auto protect.

If you run a good software firewall and it starts to LOAD the firewall very slow when you boot computer then you may also need to take a look into REG entry for BOOT/START INI as many things attach to other files there but use BLANK spaces after the real keys so they do not show up at first look.
Many backdoor programs use this method to connect to "home" when you first start the computer.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Spyware remover
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2005, 03:02:17 am »
Quote from: Koopa Troopa
do not download spy sweeper, it rule. i have ducking more popups than i hade ducking before and it diddn't remove what i wanetd it to remove. i wouldn't be surprised if it is a ducking spyware lemonade itself

You need to download programs dirrectly from the makers webpage and not a "mirror" as many add things (ad/spy ware).

Also after running your AV and things from "safe mode" you should after reboot clear your temp folders as well.

Make sure to TURN OFF your SYS RESTOR befor scanning in SAFE MODE!

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Spyware remover
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2005, 03:06:41 am »
Quote from: [TKC]~Xzibit^
i don't ever have spyware...
Thanks to Mozilla, strange though

But i use AD-Aware myself  :wink:

Well you may well in fact HAVE it but it just does not show/effect your browser.....people with Mac computers claim they do not have virus yet many such users help to spread them yet have no idea that it is going on.

I am very careful...pehaps far more than most people or even many companys....yet I still find very "crafty things" 2-3 times each month that none of my programs have detected and that is even after using 4 AV programs and lots of Ad/Spy/Trojan removers.  :shock:

[TKC] Aphex

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Spyware remover
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2005, 11:20:39 am »
Heres the list that i have used:

From http://www.download.com

1. Webroot Spy Sweeper - Best program for adware i have found, digs in deep and kills most bugs.

2. AntiVir - Great adware & virus active scanner

3. Ad-Aware SE - It gets rid of the adware that is obvious and sits around..

4. Spybot S&D - Digs in deeper than adaware and gets rid of most

5. Ad-Munch -  Kills adware on the fly ( as you search the web )

6. consolethis - shows what is really running on your PC and allows you to delete the unessacaries.

I have found that runing Webroot's Spy Sweeper and AntiVir at the same time does the job because it is active 24/7 and picks up everything that is around. I say we all go and hunt down the guy that created the WWWCoolWebSearch crap and poke his eyes out damnit....

hoax-ravenheckler

• Master Heckler
  • Still the same old
    • View Profile
Spyware remover
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2005, 01:04:24 pm »
yeah antivir rulezz..

and coolwebsearch is so f-ing irritating, -f- that guy
There's never time to do things right, but there's always time to do it over.