Author Topic: Colors of the soldiers  (Read 2579 times)

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« on: December 20, 2004, 06:02:18 am »
Hi all :)

I'm new to this stuff. I downloaded supercheat 0.9, applied the changes and all, but I think I will not use all the cheats cause it's buggy (sluggish, inaccuracy).

But I discovered that I could keep only the thing with the RED and GREEN colours of the soldiers (btw dunno what makes that work, maybe merged.pbo file??). It works pretty well except that on some maps the russian soldiers aren't entirely RED, only their trousers, the rest is as original. Someone know a work around for that?

Thanks

See ya

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 08:40:56 am »
Ok, so in fact I know what's going on, the colors doesn't work quite right for SpetzNatz. Guess nothing I can do about...

OFP 1.46 can be patched too? I have GOTY edition and it seems to work only for 1.96

GameBro

• Klass Klown
  • Ex TKC-OFP-Leader
    • View Profile
    • TKC what else?......
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 12:22:06 pm »
just look in this Forum m8, but dont need to open 10 Threads about the same Thing. And yes merge.pbo is the File in the DTA Folder where you can change the Collor of the Soldiers. And yes the Aimbot aims at the Collor, so you need the Uniforms that your Aimbot will work at it.
Aimbot are usefull for Closecombat Games like HL, UT..., not really for OFP. But be aware useing merge.pbo on some Servers, because its detected. Maybe you can look for mod. Addons or something like on TWG-Addons, there a few modified ones, but Duno really if the work on 1.96 :wink:
***-=advanced_soldier=-***

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 07:22:15 pm »
Well I looked in the forum but I didn't find an 100% appropriate answer. Just some pointer for some tools, but seem that doesn't work or it's detected on servers...

I don't want to use aimbots, I wanna play this game as genuine as it can, but don't wanna be owned by OTHER cheaters (like other ppl said, they see and aim quick from great distances, see through fog, see you when hide, shot through buildings, etc...). I have to say that as soon as I used modified colors the game became much more balanced, and I allways finished among the 3-4 first.

Thank you for your reply Advanced_Soldier, but i couldn't really find what you were telling me to (TWG that seems to be a tag for an addon creator, but not an addon ...??). What about a mod, how do you do that??

This is a very good site, but veterans of this forum should not forget that when noobs like me ask a question, they need precise answers cause they do not understand allusions or vagues pointers to some tools or workarounds otherwise well known by your community.

GameBro

• Klass Klown
  • Ex TKC-OFP-Leader
    • View Profile
    • TKC what else?......
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 01:40:35 am »
TWG-The WARGAMES League, US-Leagues.

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 08:29:36 am »
Thx again, with these 2 links and a little googling I now succeded in creating a merged.pbo and data.pbo modified files, with colored textures applied on the soldiers. BUT... :) These mofo SpecNatz still causing problems. Now they appear white+red (trousers).

With Pbox when look into the .pbo archive I see the textures red, but with TexView they indeed appear to be white. So TexView seems to be right, the problem is why Pbox shows them red, and HOW to correct this problem...any ideas?

GameBro

• Klass Klown
  • Ex TKC-OFP-Leader
    • View Profile
    • TKC what else?......
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 04:08:54 pm »
change the merges.pbo from Normal (MAIN/DTA) , not only the one from (MAIN/RES/DTA)  :wink:  but its detected. anyway with the use of Wargames, Addons its not detected.

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 01:23:57 am »
Yes, now I almost got it (WG and everything, colors, etc). The prob now is :) (coincidence or not) that I'm beeing kicked off from more servers as usual (I DID was kicked off before using any cheat, dunno why, doesn't matter...).

Is there a chance I've been banned? Tried to change the ID but the ID Fix patch doesn't work :( . And as I said I don't wanna use the cheatpack...

How bans work? I think ID and/or IP. IP changes so that shouldn't be a prob. But what about ID? If I reinstall with the same SN shall I get a different ID?

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 02:02:52 am »
Ok, so i finally joined a server so...duno if it"s ban or not. But this time the server doesn't detect anymore merged.pbo modified file, but it detects the .p** files modified inside this one! Of course I no more use Main\Res\Dta Merged.pbo but WG addon insted, so that means it's still detectable... :( (Main\Dta\ merged.pbo is original).

GameBro

• Klass Klown
  • Ex TKC-OFP-Leader
    • View Profile
    • TKC what else?......
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 12:11:25 pm »
lol the Server has no Filechecker updated then, cause most OFP-Servers detect merge.pbo. I told you you get kicked or Baned, when I said its detected on most Servers.........

The ID Ban, that means your ID is your CD-Key. If your got baned from a Server, you will need a new CD-Key, then your fine again.
Or an ID-Changer from Santaclaus. :lol:

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 02:51:28 am »
Do you know where you find textures for East soldiers in WGL? I found for West and Res but not for East.

[EDIT] Maaan, I just don't make it, if I don't use the mod merged.pbo file I can't have the colors correctly. Wherever I put this damn merge file (try to put it in WGL\Addons for instance) it's allways detected. Can you explain or send a PM as to how exactly have to use the WGL addon so that it's not been detected. Thanks a lot.

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 12:58:55 pm »
Ok, never mind my previous post. I have another question, it shouldn't be long to answer: how the servers recognize that you use a modified merged.pbo (or data.pbo)?

Louden

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 08:24:19 pm »
I Believe it checks the properties, date modified and exact size, there is a program available to reset the date modified, but as for size, its hard to scam this.
Blow me.

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 11:10:48 pm »
The size is VERY easy to set. With Mspaint i just created colored textures at the exact size of the original .paa files (512x256, 1024x1024, etc). With texview is easy also to create .paa files from .jpg. I've obtained a mod merged at exactly the same size, lol I know it by heart 4696 Ko.

Bloody I didn't think to make the same for data.pbo so I have to rework those hundreds paa...

I thought the server could check the CRC too, that's harder for me to set if someone knows.

As for the date, what's that prog?

[EDIT] I found Attribute MagicPro, should do the thing ;) .

GIGI

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Colors of the soldiers
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 11:37:51 pm »
The check must be more sofisticated than the date and size. I connected now with a merged at the SAME size, modified and created properties, still the server detected it as modified. In fact it detects THE ONES files modified inside the merged so...:(

Now I seriously think at a memory hack (launch the game first, then somehow write in the memory where merged is located with a mod one). I dunno if its feasable need for solid instructions here (specially the name of a prog or something).