Author Topic: Checking in!  (Read 474 times)

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Checking in!
« on: June 18, 2021, 06:06:25 pm »
The scene is pretty much idle, and the forums have been down for a long time, so this is more like an alumni site by now, but if you've been with the community and are popping in it would be great for us all to hear from you and what you are up to nowadays. Has the pandemic treated you well?

Myself I rarely get the opportunity to play games nowadays, even if I still enjoy a selection of them. After obtaining a few too many uni degrees work sadly now consumes most of my time.

The site will keep going, but with imperfect uptime reliability. Every time I fix it there's something that's more modern or more in fashion among the IT-crowd requiring me to relearn everything from scratch :P . At least most modern backend standards are followed now. Last few frontend updates enforced gdpr and strict https.

Anyway, some kind of solution for downloads/archive needs to be arranged at some point. If you have any ideas or would like to take care of such a project feel free to do so, and we'll make sure you get the files.

Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

Vicious

• Old Guard
  • Master Heckler
    • View Profile
Re: Checking in!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 12:15:38 pm »
Was watching the new Netflix version of Cowboy Bebop, and they did my dude Vicious wrong for sure haha.

I'm still alive, actually in Iceland on a layover at the moment then heading to Vienna, Zagreb, Warsaw, and Berlin for the next week.

What all happened since the TKC days? Hmmm. 16+ years in the Army as a military intel officer. Moved 20-25 times in 15 years. Ended up in South Korea 2012-2014 on work contract after grad school. Ended up in cloud security consulting for a Silicon Valley tech firm. Haven't touched an online game in over a decade, prefer grand strategy (Paradox Interactive type stuff) and off line RPGs (Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, and so on).

Life has been pretty wild. Bought my second house in August up in Wyoming to go more off grid, sold my last place in Denver and rode out quarantine up in Vail. Went full mountain redneck, have a garage full of motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, and so on. Pretty far from my trolling folks on Vietcong days. Loved this community back in the day.

Not sure if any alumni are around, but ZOldDude, The Heckler, MO, Wizzkid, MrMedic, whomever, feel free to track me down on Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook, etc. My login email here is tied to my accounts if you want to put a face behind the man. DM me if you need too.

Cheers,

-[TKC] Vicious (long retired)
Innocence proves nothing