Author Topic: Preventing desynchronization in peer to peer game problem  (Read 738 times)

feldmarschall

• Online Villain
  • Strategist
    • View Profile
Preventing desynchronization in peer to peer game problem
« on: July 27, 2017, 05:41:17 pm »
Since i have finally some free time from university and preparation for PhD I would like to solve problem with one strategy game. I tried to do some stuff with Cheat Engine but without good results so i want to ask if there are any tools or techinques that would make possible to change other players game memory values to same as mine as it seems the best way to solve this problem. Its working like this: change of some statistic doesnt trigger instant desync but when i use unit with changed values - effects are different for both players = desync.
"Strategy is a system of expedients; it is more than a mere scholarly discipline. It is the translation of knowledge to practical life, the improvement of the original leading thought in accordance with continually changing situations."

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Preventing desynchronization in peer to peer game problem
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:55:09 pm »
some thing will be checking your values against what is stored on the server , tell them they are the same ( make a backup and send them instead of the changed variables ) you should be good to go then.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

feldmarschall

• Online Villain
  • Strategist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:27:48 am »
some thing will be checking your values against what is stored on the server , tell them they are the same ( make a backup and send them instead of the changed variables ) you should be good to go then.
That sounds logical but i dont know how to do it. I did tremendous work with making CE tables for all statistics of every unit in game so i can do it in the way that wouldn't be visible to enemy but i dont have a clue how to send those changed variables.
"Strategy is a system of expedients; it is more than a mere scholarly discipline. It is the translation of knowledge to practical life, the improvement of the original leading thought in accordance with continually changing situations."

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 02:33:15 am »
no mate , what usually happens if you go out of synch is something is scanning in the background , ie some kind of basic shitty anty cheat , disable it and tell it the values it expects.

feldmarschall

• Online Villain
  • Strategist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 03:04:29 am »
no mate , what usually happens if you go out of synch is something is scanning in the background , ie some kind of basic shitty anty cheat , disable it and tell it the values it expects.
I don't think it has anticheat. If game didn't deynch we would be playing probably 2 different battles simultaneously. As i wrote its a peer to peer game, it hasn't dedicated servers so it makes it more possible to do. Its it possible to do it with cheat engine or what other tool should i use?

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 04:08:54 am »
 :smile

feldmarschall

• Online Villain
  • Strategist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 12:43:27 am »
:smile
I thought we should help each other not only in M&B section, im probably the first one who is making a cheat for this game in multiplayer mode so help is essential to do some progress...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:18:03 am by feldmarschall »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 03:38:51 am »
The game has no anti cheat.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

feldmarschall

• Online Villain
  • Strategist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »
The game has no anti cheat.
Yes its one of older total war games, they havent anticheat. Changing values in game trigger desynch, if it didnt desynch 2 players would see 2 different games anyway thats why i dont want to try bypass any antcheat which doesnt exist but change same value for 2 players so they would see same battle, same casualties = no desynch