Author Topic: X, Y, Z position with memory scanner  (Read 970 times)

[TKC] IC3M@N

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net/Main
X, Y, Z position with memory scanner
« on: August 29, 2006, 12:31:08 am »
Nino and me are trying to find with some memory scanner the x, y, z position , we can found one value but when we move , than the  memory scanner found nothing more but  we try with the value from "showfps 1"

is that wrong ?, is that possible to find in this way ?

[TKC] Ic-3™... Good Cheat&Fun...

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: X, Y, Z position with memory scanner
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 01:18:19 am »
Nino and me are trying to find with some memory scanner the x, y, z position , we can found one value but when we move , than the  memory scanner found nothing more but  we try with the value from "showfps 1"

is that wrong ?, is that possible to find in this way ?

Position in "showfps" is not the value your looking for....it sort of "rounds off" positions.

Pterodon gave you a tool to use for free.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC] IC3M@N

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:34:31 am »
 :D thx Z

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 02:52:35 pm »
Did you find them?  If you didn't- I wrote somewhat of a tutorial in the dev section re. finding X, Y and Z positions I can share with you (Used it to make the very first superjump in 1.6).

Subsky

[TKC] IC3M@N

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 02:55:38 pm »
no, we dont have found , but i think we try the wrong option in the memory scanner  :(

Subsky

• Insane Joker
  • Subskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 04:05:57 pm »
If you're having so much trouble finding the proper co-ords in T-Search; I know why...

If you type "showfps 1" into the console; you'll get a floating point approximation; meaning that the EXACT value is rounded to 1 decimal place.  If you try searching for the EXACT floating point value XXX.X; you won't get any hits; because it's actually XXX.XXXXXX etc.

So how did I find it?  Well, I originally thought; I'll search for a RANGE between the values "showfps 1" displays.  Lets say "showfps 1" claims your x position is 19.6; It would make sense to search for any floating point values between 19.5 -> 19.7

I found that, T-search has a subtle bug- in that it doesn't correctly display floating point value ranges.  When I eventually found the 19.6XXXX value; it still didn't show up when a did a floating point range search 19.5 -> 19.7 .

So, perhaps the best way to do it- is locate the z coord first; (eg, direction towards the sky).  It'll take patience, but pick a map with a huge slope (like the start of NVA base on US team).  Firstly, search for Unknown; then use a combination of search next'ing for "Value has increased" when you've increase your altitude - and correspondingly, "Value has decreased" for decreased altitude etc.  Repeat this process over and over until you've got just over a hundred hits... lol... You can either lock them individually- switch back to the game- and see if you're direction is "locked" in a certain direction (eg. when you jump- something weird happens), or change the values; and see if you end up somewhere different (eg teleport)... (I'd advise simply locking them if you're not sure, though).

When you've got just 1 co-ordinate in DMA, you're set.  Other 2 (for x and y in this case) are 4 bytes in either the + or - direction; can't remember exactly.

Try to find static pointers to these addresses using the T-Search debugger, so you don't have to fiddle around with DMA every time.

[TKC] IC3M@N

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 06:08:16 pm »
arf, i think i see now my error , i have schearch one range value but from (ex : 19.6=>19.6 and not 19.5 =>19.7) iam dumb , and i have try to search one unknow value but for the x and y value not for the z , i try again this night (yep my brain work only when the sun is not more here lol)