Author Topic: Final Hacking Project  (Read 760 times)

feldmarschall

• Online Villain
  • Strategist
    • View Profile
Final Hacking Project
« on: December 20, 2015, 02:31:25 am »
Its my final try to make hack for multiplayer RTS game, based on Peer to Peer application architecture. I made more than 50 cheatengine tables for it and i know all  stuff about units, maps and mechanic of this game. Problem is that i cant hack it correctly in multiplayer- i can change any statistic of units that i want but still game desynces. Summary: I need help with hacking it but i have a lot of knowledge about game mechanics so it gonna be probably easy to do.
Regards
"Strategy is a system of expedients; it is more than a mere scholarly discipline. It is the translation of knowledge to practical life, the improvement of the original leading thought in accordance with continually changing situations."

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Re: Final Hacking Project
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 03:12:26 am »
You need to know how the descync for that specific game works. Without that knowledge it will be nearly impossible to do anything about it. So you need to collect information with regards to that. You could set up multiple clients and test. Try changing the same value on both computers, first nearly simultaneously, then some time apart and so on. Breakpoints on desync and see what values get calculated and where
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

feldmarschall

• Online Villain
  • Strategist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 08:47:56 pm »
You need to know how the descync for that specific game works. Without that knowledge it will be nearly impossible to do anything about it. So you need to collect information with regards to that. You could set up multiple clients and test. Try changing the same value on both computers, first nearly simultaneously, then some time apart and so on. Breakpoints on desync and see what values get calculated and where
What program gonna be best for doing it? I think i cant do much with memory editor like Cheat Engine
"Strategy is a system of expedients; it is more than a mere scholarly discipline. It is the translation of knowledge to practical life, the improvement of the original leading thought in accordance with continually changing situations."

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 09:06:35 pm »
Softice had remote debugging capabilities, but I think Cheat Engine will be good enough. You could share desktops and what not.

feldmarschall

• Online Villain
  • Strategist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 01:35:41 am »
Softice had remote debugging capabilities, but I think Cheat Engine will be good enough. You could share desktops and what not.

I know that CE has a debugger but i think avoiding the desync requires editing other player game memory by some way(maybe shellcode) so simple memory editor cant do it. Im not 100% sure how to do it ofc as you see from my first post.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 03:47:14 am »
That's why you need to gather information to know for sure. Set up a game with multiple clients and try it out. Then you refine the solutions.