Author Topic: Help on making my own crosshair  (Read 2528 times)

Blizzard

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Help on making my own crosshair
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2004, 11:43:18 pm »
this is the problem:
for now i still hate C++ so im searching for a way to make my crosshair still in VB :).
I've this problem with DirectX. Whenever i prepare the direct screen to draw on, i MUST clear the screen with an RBG color, so i can be black for most games (then the texture and 2d sprites are drawn on it).
The problem is that i want to make a cross on the desktop hwnd and dont want to make a black (or whataver colored) screen to draw on, cause in this way the cross isnt trasparent :(, i tried also to clear the screen using the ALpha option but i cant get it trasparente anyway.
The trick btw is (i think):

Make a really small sized screen (size of the cross u want to draw), and then draw on it a trasparente sprite or texture (if it's possible), and then draw some lines on this texture to make the cross. Or in a simplest way draw first a trasparent texture and then an opaque sprite (from a bmp) that shows the cross.
Im really not skilled about DirectX anyway :(

P.S. Tell me ur MSN or ICQ in PM :)

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2004, 10:08:43 pm »
OKay I recently read about putting bitmaps on the screen.

You can remove the flickering by using something that's called Double buffering.

The bitmap is repainted all the time which causes it to flicker.
The buffering method paints the bitmap onto a non-visible memory-area. From there it copies the bitmap to the visible area using bit block transfer which removes the flickering.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

shultz69

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2004, 12:23:06 pm »
Ok... I will search something. Anyway I think double buffering has been introduced with graphical libraries such as OpenGL and DirectX.

I will keep on working (slowly cause I haven't much time now) :'(

Thanks Mullah