Author Topic: windows 10 thread?  (Read 5823 times)

SomeRandomGuy

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
windows 10 thread?
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:52:53 pm »
windows 10 thread

Microsoft has renewed its Privacy Policy and Service Agreement. The new services agreement goes into effect on 1 August 2015.

By default, when signing into Windows with a Microsoft account, Windows syncs some of your settings and data with Microsoft servers, for example ?web browser history, favorites, and websites you have open? as well as ?saved app, website, mobile hotspot, and Wi-Fi network names and passwords?.

Windows generates a unique advertising ID for each user on a device. This advertising ID can be used by third parties, such as app developers and advertising networks for profiling purposes.

When device encryption is on, the BitLocker recovery key for the user?s device is automatically backed up online in the Microsoft OneDrive account.

To enable Cortana, Microsoft collects and uses data such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts, how often you interact with them on your device, your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browse and Bing search history, speech data, your voice input, as well your name and nickname, your recent calendar events and the names of the people in your appointments, and information about your contacts including names and nicknames.

?We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to enforce the terms governing the use of the services".

Microsoft basically grants itself very broad rights to collect everything you do, say and write with and on your devices in order to sell more targeted advertising or to sell your data to third parties. The company appears to be granting itself the right to share your data either with your consent ?or as necessary?.

meh im still getting it for the speed
:icon_ninja

moron333

• First Post
    • View Profile
Re: windows 10 thread?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:25:45 am »
I got it, windows did not like my key so I ripped it off lol

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:26:16 pm »

Using P2P to download updates to the OS.

What could go wrong?  :icon_rolleyes2

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 02:30:46 am »
Looks like we got no choice but to update, but incentive for competitors like linux will grow and at some point make microsoft redundant if they continue down that road. I got one windows machine out of a total of, I don't know, 15. Still not win 10 yet though. I had to get Win 8.1 dual boot for netflix only, unbelievable.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

SomeRandomGuy

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 05:57:37 am »
Using P2P to download updates to the OS.

What could go wrong?  :icon_rolleyes2

:icon_ninja

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 11:18:16 pm »
I just realized that Win 10 is locked to your "device" (motherboard probably). So you can't transfer it to a new comp without buying a license. That's bs.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 10:00:03 pm »
What about the yearly "fee" to keep it working.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 10:16:41 pm »
The upgrade is free but limited to one device only. You can't transfer your winhd to a new comp without getting a new license. Or so it seems.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 12:11:25 am »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 12:06:29 am »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 08:47:42 pm »
The OS Windows 10 has been banned from some sites...more to follow.

The OS key-logs everything you type and sends it to Microsoft every 30 minutes :

http://localghost.org/
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:50:54 am by ZOldDude »

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 01:28:46 pm »
Yes, that's a major problem. It looks like I'm switching to linux as my main, and use win10 only for games and some programs.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 09:37:50 pm »
I won't use Win 10 for anything...nor will I buy anything with Win 10 installed.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 09:40:12 pm »
It's very hard to avoid due to DX12, Photoshop and some hardware that won't work with other systems.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 09:49:13 pm »
Nothing known uses DX12 so it's not a loss.
Microsoft should make software and operating systems and let the NSA do it's job it's self.