Author Topic: Desync problem  (Read 488 times)

feldmarschall

• Online Villain
  • Strategist
    • View Profile
Desync problem
« on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:09 am »
Hi
I'm wondering if its possible to avoid desync in Napoleon Total War game. I mean if you use god mode in multiplayer and your unit got git- game desync cuz values etc are different than on the server. Also if i tried to edit for example accuracy of shooting(with special program for editing files), game also desync. Its not possible to start battle and then edit it because all files are ofc used by game. Maybe somebody tried to avoid that in other Total War games. Pls reply, i must figure out how to do it
Regards
"Strategy is a system of expedients; it is more than a mere scholarly discipline. It is the translation of knowledge to practical life, the improvement of the original leading thought in accordance with continually changing situations."

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Re: Desync problem
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 05:57:01 am »
You would have to make similar changes on the server (or on some fraction of clients - depending on how the game is organized). Which usually means some kind of packet editing or finding ways to insert code remotely. Also depending on how the game is coded, i.e. how it handles certain actions, manipulating the checksum control (if any) could be helpful.

When we introduced "Vietcong Anticheat" the idea was for all players to download the software, which would block a certain critical cheat while unlocking super powers for all.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.