Author Topic: Rant about ArmA Communities  (Read 769 times)

Mossarelli

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Rant about ArmA Communities
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:45:44 am »
Warning: Strong Language.

I used to think that TKC was all about heckleing the people who wanted to have fun, but I soon noticed that it's not about heckleing, it's about getting people down from their high horses of ego and power.

Being part of not only one but three communities, I can tell you about a trend that is through them all.

This is how it goes in terms of steps not as in greater than sign:
Realism > Rules > Rank Hierarchy > Them vs Us > Fun vs "FUCK YOU" > You are not a human fucking being > Your opinion means nothing > You have no power here > Learn to like shit that sucks > This is the army/USMC/BAF/Insert_Country_Army_Here.

Say the group start out with four 13 year old mentality like people that doesn't know the principles of human rights or democracy, tries to run a clan when all they do is scream and bitch over radio when someone steals a car out of a garage. It's a fucking game you cock! It's a fun event that someone takes a car and drives it around, it's something that could happen in your little "realism" kind of way to play the game. Don't bitch about GTA when you want realism and you get it served on a silver platter.

And so all those 4 people are fine and happy at the beginning of the communities startup. Everyone sharing equally like kids in a sandbox, then ideas start coming flying around. Lets add this, lets remove this. Lets have everyone who goes through 4 weeks of training be the only ones that can fly, drive, shoot a rifle. Give people useless forum tags to make them feel special tied to some stupid role as a latrine duty cleaner. Listen to them brag about it for hours on how they spent "real life hours" training in a video game to become that douche bragging right now.

Then it starts going haywire. One person doesn't get what he wants. 3 people doesn't get what they want. People start feeling split up or start treasoning each other over small shit that doesn't fucking matter. Then it comes, the community split like some fucking ninja kick out of Karate where people go left and right. Yeah it can take anything from 6 months to 2 years for this to happen but it will most likely happen. And each of these groups splitting off think they will do such a better job than the previous and they end being two sides of the same cunt being split off only to be recognized by the crack whore smell.

But some communities have worked their way past this Democratic leadership system. They use a Dictator that has all the power and do all the work and he can choose to do whatever he want. In a normal group, if someone bans someone else, people will question it. But the Dictator can ban anyone and just remove the traces of that person ever existing, completely removing all evidence of criticism or opinions. Extra plus if the Dictator is also an ego driven maniac that can't take any criticism, so he end up banning anyone who disagrees with him.

MrMedic is one of the few members of this forum I've seen as a master of it's trade in the ArmA hacking community. I'm not saying all you other people are bad, I'm just horrible with names and I remember MrMedic as one of the most active members posting different exploits. When I was an active server manager, I actively used scripts to keep an eye out for your variable declarations even after injecting the hacks. But that was just a waste of time. I wasted time playing and managing a server, you spent time mastering circumnavigation for BattleEye. I hope you go far with your skills in life.

Since Arma 2 servers are slowly dying and the only thing that is left at the moment are "realism clans", I'd recommend to download ACE mods and start pushing some fun scripts. If you dig in the API of ACE and ACRE long enough you'll find scripts that will just ruin the "realism" all together. Randomly add some Tank Mines into people's rucksacks to make them overweight and succumb to stamina. Change the ACRE broadcasting curve so that all radios behave like the worst. Make people injured by setDamage just to see them apply First Aid repeatedly until the medic goes PTSD. Put everyone on fire with ACE's special fire.

And for Arma 3, it's just the biggest let down I've seen since Take Down Red Sabre's failed game launch. Fuck BIS, fuck ArmA 3 & ArmA 2, fuck the communities, fuck Take on Mars, fuck ArmA Tactics.
Just burn it all. Every server, every player, every clan. Burn them slowly and painfully for they are worse than shit.

Thanks for such a great community and good luck in future challenges.

Mossarelli

• Poptart
    • View Profile
Re: Rant about ArmA Communities
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 04:50:34 am »
Also:
I once met Novatech on an Island Life server. We talked on Skype. I took some pictures of him. Sent the pictures to the server hoster. Much laughter ensued.

Then there was rumors:
FBI/Canadian FBI equivalent, raided his house after rumors on hacking and child pedophilia, took all his stuff.

He lives in a town in Canada where only access is with air plane during the winter and dirt roads during the summer.

One of his Steam profiles:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021883006/

Love you Novahoneybun. Your nose is so cute.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:58:38 pm »
This profile is private.

I think in the past 11 years he was the ONLY person I ever banned from the forums.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Mossarelli

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 09:24:28 pm »
This profile is private.

I think in the past 11 years he was the ONLY person I ever banned from the forums.

Yeah he monitors this forum, he has read the thread.

The steam profile was not private just before I posted this thread. I tried to fetch the offline version but I found a simpler way to get it:

How many public hacks did he upload that was infected? More than 1?

BIS Forums apparently denied me from posting this:
There's no discussion allowed in the clan promoting pages. All posts are pre-modded before you can post. Communist China is looking good compared to BIS.
Since there is no other thread regarding TWC other than a locked thread on the first page: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171033-The-Wrecking-Crew-needs-to-get-it-s-head-out-of-where-the-sun-don-t-shine&highlight=wrecking+crew

I'll take some time to write about how it is to be a new guest coming to their server.

Their Teamspeak is locked down completely and there is no way to pm any person, recruit or member; not even the channel chat can be used. All channels have these neat little descriptions to find threads all over the forum for different stuff so you don't have to bother anyone because helping people is not their main interest.

Heaney is master at collecting a bad reputation and after just some hours on their public server you've heard at least 2 people talk about Heaney's iron fist ruling the whole clan. There's former members who can't stand him and has decided to leave the clan but still come on to play with other people.

When their public server had constant desync issues every hour for 2 days straight it's BattleEye's fault and the users' ISPs and not the server optimization or the mission. I wanted to be nice and help so I wrote this to their staff:

I've noticed a lot of dsync on your server during the short period I've played on it and I have just the cure.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/51542-psa-server-admins-how-to-optimize-your-dayz-server-for-maximum-performance/?hl=host

If you go through this guide and calculate everything for each value, you'll be able to get a server that get very short dsyncs and eventually have 64 players. Lots of people think it's Arma 2 that is the broken engine, but most of the times it's just badly optimized server config or lots of AIs on the base.

I hope you read the guide through and optimize the server config and hopefully do all the hacks to get the game running smoother. You'll notice a difference when the dsync periods are very short like 5 seconds maximum.

Expecting a reply saying: "Thank you but..." was the least I could get back. Instead I get this:

[Offline] [TWC] Heaney

Hahahhahahahahahahaha.

I've been playing ArmA since Operation Flashpoint.

I have run servers for quite some time, and made about 15 mods for ArmA 2, all multiplayer compatible.

I know each one of those settings listed inside out since before DayZ existed.

I assure you, we have every setting there set to its absolute optimal.

Desync is very very rare on our server, and happened today due to a bug in BattleEye, not due to fault of our server.

If you experience clientside connection issues, please contact your ISP via phone.

Thanks for your intentions anyways.

Thanks for the lovely insult. I doubt ArmA even existed when Operation Flashpoint was around, but you obviously have access to some time machine.
You also know everything before DayZ existed, totally dismissing the whole post about server optimization anyway.

I assure you Mr Heaney, you do not have things optimal. Optimal is when the server doesn't have desync every time an objective is completed or when 20 AIs spawn in.

Yeah BattleEye kicked people due to high ping. It's a standard action taken by BE to kick people too far away from the server. Only problem was, the server was so desynced it thought people were 540ms away.

My ISP has worked fine for 8 years with 24mbit connection fine thank you. I've been connected to servers in Chicago and experienced less desync than your server.

You insulted me by laughing in my face, that was not my intention.

Since I noticed that Heaney's bad reputation indeed was not easily mistaken, I wanted to comment on his logically flawed statements by using the chat. But there's apparently a rule about criticizing TWC in their chat so I was banned, twice. First I was banned for multiple infractions of their rules and then a second message saying I was banned for multiple infractions. My personal opinion is that it's obvious that people don't like critique. Easiest way to remove criticism is to ban users and leave them no options to come back and tell other people about it. That way you can keep people in the dark about anything going on and just continue to faff about.

But the logical fallacies in Heaney's statements are laughable at best: "You are banned permanently. Reason: "You are a total idiot. Please attain an IQ over 15 before returning."
First: How can I return if I'm permanently banned?
Second: Why would I want to return?
Third: There is no way to appeal a ban because you can't type to anyone in TWC, on Teamspeak, ingame or anything.

Congratulations on winning the award for worst community leader of all time.

Lock this thread. Sticky it if you want. If you want a realism clan, try to find one using democracy. Ego dictators are so 2010.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:31:45 pm by Mossarelli »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 01:05:42 am »
How many public hacks did he upload that was infected? More than 1?

I don't recall why I banned him but I "think" it was for posting how to crash the game servers.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*