Author Topic: some realy weird shit....  (Read 1356 times)

[TKC] ~<{LTC}>~

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
some realy weird shit....
« on: July 31, 2004, 04:30:03 am »
well i installed vc and i started ofcource with 1.01  but when i install it to 1.60 i cant play it, the game gives the screen that comes up when the game crashed, so i can press yes and no, but if i press them a screen comes up and the screen disapears within 3 seconds, i tryed evry single no cd crack or crack  on the web but still no luck, so when i install vietcong fa, it says wrong disk inserted...... i bet no one has ever had this problem before and it would be difficult to fix i guess. so ANY ONE DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS
southpark:
global warming is going to strike two days before the day after tomorrow

burrow100

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 05:16:51 am »
start up the ladder see if that helps like go from 1.01 to like 1.40  then 1.41 i cant remember all patches but see if that helps just a thought

yea i did that already, ok Z i'm gonna try it your way wish me luck
to boldly go  where no man has gone before.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 08:14:35 am »
Well I have the US version so I do it this way:

reboot

reboot

reboot

*INSTALL FIST ALPHA* brings me to 1.50....if you don't have FA then skip this....if you do then,
reboot

reboot

*INSTALL BLOOD PATCH WITH NO-CD PATCH*
Yep you guessed it....REBOOT!

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

FleX

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 12:38:27 pm »
You missed the 1.40 patch or isn't that required for the full install?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 09:15:49 pm »
Quote from: FleX
You missed the 1.40 patch or isn't that required for the full install?

1.40 was called "the patch from Hell" as almost NOBODY could play online!
1.41 patch came out like 3 days later.

LTC......if you need the blood patch with the no-cd for 1.6 I have it.
Otherwise you need to use DISK #1 of VC even if you want to load Fist Alpha.

In any event if you use a no-cd it must be for your patch #.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

[TKC] ~<{LTC}>~

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 12:30:50 am »
well i give up, i mean i did evrything by the book and i tryed it your way's but still the game doesent work, well this is what i got, i installed vietcong(1.01)  i could open the game but i couldent join any servers, so i installed after i rebooted 1.30 but then i couldent even run vc anymore, i would realy like to know what is wrong with this stupid game... any suggestions?
southpark:

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 12:33:35 am »
pterodon is whats wrong with the game

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 02:00:01 am »
Try uninstalling it and deleat ALL the regkeys to it (PTERODON) and all orphaned files (I use REGCLEANER).

eh....REBOOT!

Then run SPYBOT S&D 1.3 and remove all "hooks".

eh...REBOOT!

Now reinstall and make sure your FIREWALL will allow the game to connect (if in doubt try with firewall off).

FleX

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 03:51:45 am »
I don't think is a REG problem, I used to have the same problem with the 1.01 installation. Game started but no servers. Next day, guess what... Plenty of servers. Weird coz I didn't make any changes that day.

[TKC] ~<{LTC}>~

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2004, 04:52:50 am »
Quote from: ZOldDude
Try uninstalling it and deleat ALL the regkeys to it (PTERODON) and all orphaned files (I use REGCLEANER).

eh....REBOOT!

eh...REBOOT!

Now reinstall and make sure your FIREWALL will allow the game to connect (if in doubt try with firewall off).

Z you are tha man  :D  finaly it works, i have vietcong fa installed with success, it only took me 30 mins to fully install the game vietcong and fa :P
southpark:

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004, 08:28:23 am »
Quote from: [TKC] ~<{LTC}>~
Quote from: ZOldDude

eh....REBOOT!

eh...REBOOT!

Z you are tha man  :D  finaly it works, i have vietcong fa installed with success, it only took me 30 mins to fully install the game vietcong and fa :P

Look out folks....LTC is back in the house and locked and loaded for action!

By the way did you know that a few websites have posted pics of your "temple hat" in the past two days?

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2004, 08:55:49 am »
ack ltc is nothing, thejoker is around for these summer days contests and shall own yo asses

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2004, 09:24:43 am »
Quote from: [TKC]thejoker
ack ltc is nothing, thejoker is around for these summer days contests and shall own yo asses

Hahaha!
Well one person I talked to who pays for THREE 64 player servers may or may not ask 63 of the players to all stand at the flag for an AIRSTRIKE!

He would not WIN the contest but would be an person to recive mention on our main page for supporting fun for people.

As a matter of fact I saw that you tried to contact him today.....a fellow Scot of yours and a damn good guy who I support and stand with 100% in how ever he wishs to run his servers as he pays for them himself and to my knowlage has never asked for a penny.

He has also seen me in a HB protected server showing prof of HB204 cheats.
Perhaps Clan Base will follow NATO and ask TKC to review skill contest replays that are in disspute.

Remember...HB is a failure and only TKC can detect cheats in skill contests 100% and not by share'n programming but by expertly reviewing game replays.

[TKC]thejoker

• Master Heckler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2004, 10:08:04 pm »
yea i got tryout for BW end of next week