Author Topic: ArmA 3 Alpha is released  (Read 3425 times)

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
ArmA 3 Alpha is released
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:26:36 am »
It's cheaper than the full game at launch, and you get the full game then.

I've got some performance issues, maybe it's the CPU.
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

joopig

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • A Place Of Dreams
Re: ArmA 3 Alpha is released
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 04:42:44 am »
Runs perfect on my machine, if anything better than it runs Operation Arrowhead, looks amazing as well. They are still using sqf's and a quick glance doesn't show much change with their script execution so i don't know how they are planing to stop people with them staying with BE but we will see :icon_rolleyes2

c5

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 05:21:26 pm »
They are still using sqf's and a quick glance doesn't show much change with their script execution so i don't know how they are planing to stop people with them staying with BE but we will see :icon_rolleyes2

Yeah, I guess it's going to change for the full release
How do I makes hax?!

s0ybean

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 09:36:44 am »
Runs beautifully until I exec something too big and end up crashing myself.

dinatus

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 01:58:23 pm »
to reduce cpu bound fps just put object distance at min, its the often invisible far away objects which make arma3 fps cpu-limited.

the best anticheat imho is the (not_cheap) steam key system, no more $1 "shared" oa keys so after couple bans all kids will quit cheating.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 02:22:55 am »
and its shit , its the same as the others but with tarted up graphics , btw it still uses sqf oop's.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 03:32:06 am »
The sim element of the game has always been good, even if somewhat unpolished. The "fire exchange" is the best yet, it's actually somewhat hard to hit and it isn't just point, click and kill with total precision anymore.

Long distance terrain textures are crap. Looks artificial.

Futuristic theme, as part of a now untrendy trend, is crap as well. Too much crysis influence, it's hard to relate. Modding is a hope though.

Underwater is a great addition to the game. Lacks in effects (bullets and water).

The current island is somewhat limited (i.e. the functional areas, just one town, few road segments, rest is wilderness which probably sees little activity), but they made a good job with copying the greek scenery.

However, my i7 920 can't keep up at realistic view distances (even though it should be somewhat limited due to fog from the sea). It still works great for all other purposes, so an upgrade won't be an option.

Fury

• Online Villain
  • i̺͇̯̟̗m̤̬p͈̠̖o̫̭̦̼ͅrt͈̝̞ antigravity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 05:10:43 am »
However, my i7 920 can't keep up at realistic view distances (even though it should be somewhat limited due to fog from the sea). It still works great for all other purposes, so an upgrade won't be an option.

Hey bro, I have a core i7 920 too, overclocked it to 3.20GHz with the /stock cooler/
And then to 3.60 with a proper corsair block with 8 copper heat pipes; I'm not having big issues with anything.

Ofcourse my GPU is a different story, GTX 550ti running overclocked to 1000MHz on the clock.

Edit: And that card sucks, but still manages to give me reasonably smooth gameplay on low.
My programming language is common sense and communication. ♥

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 02:20:30 am »
I just tried an overclock with x21 and 140 Mhz base clock. But ArmA got very unstable (temps >90C, prime65 was dangerously close to 100C). My prior stable setting was x20 and 140, but will now try x21 and 133 instead.

It's 7 Mhz less, but there is a remarkable idle temp drop. Of course it could also be due to the fact that I disabled HT. :)

I could also verify that the CPU was the bottleneck, as the GPU had no temperature problems at all. It even down clocked at times. However, the extra Mhz really was a difference that made the FPS somewhat stable > 30.

For me it seems like I won't be able to use a stock cooler to achieve anything close to 3GHz. Probably I've got bad exhaust circulation (the computer is located in a corner beneath a desk).

And there still is no other reason to get a new CPU.  :icon_razz2

I wonder what makes ArmA so CPU unfriendly. It doesn't even run att full load. Bad thread sync, deadlocks or something?

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »
Main system has been down for over a year and I basically use this lap top to surf the web and use my torrent clubs...gaming has been on hold.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 05:26:56 pm »
It had been on hold for me as well, but now I have more time for a while. However, it sure is a time investment, and to my experience, to get the most out of it, it has to allow for creativity and multiplay to maximize enjoyment.

Edit: Some fps seem to be gained by increasing the ArmA3 process priority.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:20:08 pm by M. O. »

XJ

• Online Villain
  • Find what you love and let it kill you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 01:46:48 am »
Damn, TKC looks dead these days.  :icon_sad2

I got myself the A3 beta and started playing around for a bit just to suddenly feel how easily I'm hooked on that shit again. The feeling you get after you deploy your gameplay enhancements, THAT is the true definition of a sandbox game. Like having a pipeline to the inner life of that virtual world, with your only limits being the sqf syntax. Like the director of a play.

The game already feels like they improved on the most criticized points, like animations or inventory too, except for anti-cheat measures of course; wouldn't be BI if they did. I'm certainly looking forward to playing the release version.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 03:26:25 am »
Activity here is very much dependent on what happens in the industry, and of the activity of the "normal" playerbase for the specific games of interest.

The feeling you get after you deploy your gameplay enhancements, THAT is the true definition of a sandbox game. Like having a pipeline to the inner life of that virtual world, with your only limits being the sqf syntax. Like the director of a play.

Exactly!

XJ

• Online Villain
  • Find what you love and let it kill you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »
I guess with the increasing popularity of BI's games TKC has also sort of lost that one-stop shop status for Virtual Reality engine hacking. For the better, I like to think. Don't even want to remember the times when 20 people per day were asking how to spawn an ammo box in DayZ.

So is there a TS server up? Maybe some of you wanna get together for a little A3 session some time.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 06:19:02 am »
So is there a TS server up?

The TS was mine , maybe i will host another maybe not , as of quite a while ago i dont play the arma series a lot , if at all , if your interested in other engines and i see more activity on the forum then i probably will put another up if not then i wont , see what happens.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157