Author Topic: Main Page: Announcing the World Teamkill Championship 2012 ! (soon)  (Read 6772 times)

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
Re: Main Page: Announcing the World Teamkill Championship 2012 ! (soon)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 03:04:55 pm »
This site is completely based on volunteer work. Same goes for the competition, which is why dates and years depend very much on staff availability. We are understaffed in general, which is part of the reason why the competition was extended to the full month this year. I for instance just returned here today after a couple of weeks offline.

Last year the site was offline until the very end of July, so the competition wasn't even announced (other than on the intro screen which is a permanent entry). There was no time for preparation. The very reason for why it was down was because, again, there was no staff available to maintain the site at that level and to react to issues.

Besides, contributions are usually sent by email using the online form found on the competition site. They are not disclosed that way.

but still, why dont you open up the arma2 section now? its dead anyway, no need for moderators right now.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 03:57:47 pm »
It's active enough to remain closed to guests. Sure, activity is probably nothing compared to UC, which you mentioned, but this is a different type of site. This one is community, developer and production-oriented since the early OFP days, i.e. long before ArmA2 even attracted the AAA-crowd and with it your average scoreboard cheater. This isn't a cheat database, handing out cheats is a by-product of what we do here, not the main goal. While UC may make and distribute post cards we make the paintings they are based on. It isn't a competition and we wouldn't be able to handle the traffic in any case. UC does what we can't do, and we do what UC doesn't.

Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 04:59:23 pm »
Anyway.

Announcing the World Teamkill Championship 2012 ! (soon)
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 01:44:15 am »
so, anyone participated already? just wondering.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 02:28:20 am »
 :icon_cool2

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile

i mss old ofp

• Insane Joker
  • i love the fact that you hate me.
    • View Profile
    • TKC
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 07:47:43 pm »
i think  :icon_cool2 means its a secret.. but more than likely theres probrobly only 1 maybe 2 people that want or need the tag of champ.
hence there cut throating and spying/probing peeps for info thru this whole year.(stealing info) then theating other players of there some what made up powers.
maybe next year it will be fair, like my self im sure alot of peeps learnd to keep there mouths shut around certain people.

dont mean to sound like a hater to anyone, just speaking my mined,speaking the obvious.
692063616E206C6F616420612070626F6F6E2074686520666C79206C6D616F00

the joke is you!!!!

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 08:38:35 pm »
From another site:

The mass killings of people on "full servers" should drop off at the end of this month.
The whole month of August this year is part of the World Teamkill Championship contest.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 03:20:14 pm »
Last day for submissions!
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 08:36:14 pm »
Some people are having issues with video editing.

All we need is the KILL SCREEN...even a simple print screen is just fine.

c5

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:22 pm »
Some people are having issues with video editing.

Well lucky them, atleast they've gotten that far and had some decent servers to run their scripts on... Idk if it was just my fault or the servers couldn't really handle my teamkilling entry setups/scripts... so I'm not/didn't participat(ing)e. I would had but this lag sucked all the fun out of this thing for me  :icon_sad2
How do I makes hax?!

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 07:58:23 pm »
So, how many actually participated?;)

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 08:18:51 pm »

As far as I know...you did not.

If you want a ballpark idea all you need to do is read the DayZ forums about people mass killing everyone on all the servers for the past month and start adding them up.

Hopefully things will calm down now untill the boredom builds until next August and all hell breaks loose again.

PS.
I have never entered.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:24:40 pm by ZOldDude »

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 04:22:54 pm »

As far as I know...you did not.

If you want a ballpark idea all you need to do is read the DayZ forums about people mass killing everyone on all the servers for the past month and start adding them up.

Hopefully things will calm down now untill the boredom builds until next August and all hell breaks loose again.

PS.
I have never entered.

i was just curious. the contest is closed so i would think you could publish some info. does that response mean that no one participated? my point is proven then. :P

anyway, there are many other hack sites out there all of which are more active than tkc. if you seriously think these hackers do this in the name of tkc youre delusional. there hasnt been a single post in the arma2 section for 5 days, how much more dead can this site be?

c5

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 06:32:02 pm »
anyway, there are many other mod-app sites out there all of which are more active than tkc. if you seriously think these mod-appers do this in the name of tkc youre delusional. there hasnt been a single post in the arma2 section for 5 days, how much more dead can this site be?

As far as I'm concerned and understood, this site isn't like those other hack sites you are talking about. My understanding is that this site is about promoting a philosophy/views on online gaming and discussing them, whereas providing the opportunity to have fun/chit-chat with the same-way thinkers meanwhile. Not much is released around here, which I've understood, isn't this site's main goal either. Also not much public help is provided here, which might be the reason not many people coming/staying here, nothing isn't really holding them to this site. In my eyes it's just a small community what thrives the way it's members make it to.  :smile

Maybe yes, if there were more things which would hold our members closer to the community, there would be more people doing things for the sake of TKC  :unsure

But then again it isn't really easy to be a part of this community, if you can't really post anything without knowing there will be like 3 haters replying to your previous post with nice little unargumented unintelligent comments... - I mean I don't give a fuck but there are people who do

Just my opinions, feel free to disagree  :smile

How do I makes hax?!