Author Topic: Main Page: Announcing the World Teamkill Championship 2012 ! (soon)  (Read 6773 times)

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tkc-community.net
Heckling is an art, and game hacking a science.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Re: Main Page: Announcing the World Teamkill Championship 2012 ! (soon)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 07:01:18 am »
About time to copy-pasta a link to the contest on every forum and torrent site you visit.  :icon_cool2

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:41:31 am »
It would seem that the World Teamkill Championships for 2112 have hit a cord with some.

Don't worry...the contest only runs ALL MONTH LONG!  :icon_laugh
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/66003-hackers-and-the-state-of-the-standalone-game/page__st__140

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:06:29 am »
Only about two weeks left in this years World Teamkill Championship contest.

I see on the DayZ forums complaints of what seems like some people getting FRAPS of 8-15 mass TK's ,but s far as I know nobody has sent Mullah Omar a video yet for the contest.

Remember...you can't win if you don't enter so send those FRAPS videos in.

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 03:43:57 pm »
It would seem that the World Teamkill Championships for 2112 have hit a cord with some.

Don't worry...the contest only runs ALL MONTH LONG!  :icon_laugh
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/66003-mod-appers-and-the-state-of-the-standalone-game/page__st__140

i see that you are talking about the year 2112, but honestly z and m.o., you should realize that no one gives a fuck about this "world championship". last year no one participated and now its the same. no one cares. you cant be that blind to not see that...

dayz is becoming more and more popular every day yet TKC is slowly dying sadly. the arma2 forum is almost dead now and meanwhile UC gets more active everyday. thats not a good sign considering the game's growing popularity.

i really hope you find solutions.. one would be to open up TKC more. for example, why is the arma2 section still hidden to guests? still afraid of getting screwed over by someone reporting your site and getting it shut down for a month like last year (or was it two years ago, cant remember)? comon, you can do better than this.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 08:11:32 pm »
Last year the site was taken down, we had no means to process any contributions during the time it was up. This time we are staffed for the competition as well.

The ArmA 2 section access is a moderation issue. With that high activity we can't keep it open to the general public.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 08:26:55 pm »
you should realize that no one I don't gives a fuck about this "world championship"

Fixed.

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 09:56:53 pm »
so who is participating? i dont see anyone posting anything.

c5

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »

Noone is posting because they want to win so bad and keep it down, so there is less competition  :icon_teehee
How do I makes hax?!

johnmann

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 10:39:57 pm »

Bouncer, its abit of fun. what is the point in your posting on this ? obvious you take no interest in the contest but others might..

and its not the end of the month yet.. wait till then and you will see posts

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 11:21:49 pm »

Noone is posting because they want to win so bad and keep it down, so there is less competition  :icon_teehee

yea right, like last year, lol. iirc the site wasnt down during this competition.

M. O.

• Administrator
  • MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 12:04:17 am »
This site is completely based on volunteer work. Same goes for the competition, which is why dates and years depend very much on staff availability. We are understaffed in general, which is part of the reason why the competition was extended to the full month this year. I for instance just returned here today after a couple of weeks offline.

Last year the site was offline until the very end of July, so the competition wasn't even announced (other than on the intro screen which is a permanent entry). There was no time for preparation. The very reason for why it was down was because, again, there was no staff available to maintain the site at that level and to react to issues.

Besides, contributions are usually sent by email using the online form found on the competition site. They are not disclosed that way.

c5

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 03:12:33 am »
How can I be sure that judges will be equal to everyone? Can judges be bought off? How can I be sure MrMedic doesn't win this year?

so many unanswered questions :icon_cry2
How do I makes hax?!

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 07:56:37 am »
How can I be sure that judges will be equal to everyone? Can judges be bought off? How can I be sure MrMedic doesn't win this year?

so many unanswered questions :icon_cry2

I am one of the judges.
If you don't already know if I would be fair...ask around if my record does not speak for it's self.

Buy me off?
I have never asked anyone for anything in the ten years of TKC.

Will Medic win?
Who can tell.
I know that if you/anyone decides not to try and submit an entry then they have 100% chance of not winning.

Now that your questions are answered you can stop crying...and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y  :icon_laugh

c5

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 12:50:36 pm »
Ahh, feeling better already, thank you, you are a great man  :icon_thumbsup
How do I makes hax?!