Author Topic: Question about Global Bans  (Read 2367 times)

spartacus

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
Question about Global Bans
« on: June 26, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »
Does anyone know, have global bans been handed out for anything outside of DayZ? Like, has anyone been global banned for hacking a Domination or Life server?

serfma

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Global Bans
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 11:31:40 pm »
If you're Globally Banned, you're banned, hence the word "Global", from all OA Servers.

spartacus

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:32:55 pm »
I know that, but I'm asking has anyone been global-banned for mod-apping something other than DayZ?

serfma

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 11:35:15 pm »
Probably not until now, BattleEye is now detecting scripts and banning players. So, more than likely, you'll get banned for hacking on other servers. (Since they use BE)

spartacus

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:47:31 am »
Does anyone actually know? I'm guessing that the BE globals are only for DayZ and it's safe to hack other servers.

Snuff

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:03:46 am »
No, BE are for all servers that have it enabled.

spartacus

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 08:02:29 am »
I'm not concerned about a pathetic local GUID ban, I am only wondering about global bans and the circumstances under which they are being handed out. I know it was a complex question but if you don't understand then please don't try to answer.

Since I have gotten banned and then unbanned myself from non-DayZ servers after the DayZ-related global bans began, I know for a fact that not every BE ban is global.

Since the BE people would have to look at each mission script before making restrictions for a particular server, and they don't all share the intimate relationship that BIS has with DayZ, I'm going to assume that the answer is no, global bans have not been handed out for anything aside from DayZ.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 01:09:14 pm »
I'm not concerned about a pathetic local GUID ban, I am only wondering about global bans and the circumstances under which they are being handed out. I know it was a complex question but if you don't understand then please don't try to answer.

Since I have gotten banned and then unbanned myself from non-DayZ servers after the DayZ-related global bans began, I know for a fact that not every BE ban is global.

Since the BE people would have to look at each mission script before making restrictions for a particular server, and they don't all share the intimate relationship that BIS has with DayZ, I'm going to assume that the answer is no, global bans have not been handed out for anything aside from DayZ.

server owners check their logs , see detected scripts or check another log which i wont mention .. you go to battleye prison . thats basicaly how it works.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

diddly123

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 02:10:54 am »

server owners check their logs , see detected scripts or check another log which i wont mention .. you go to battleye prison . thats basicaly how it works.
Can't they also use wireshark and filter packets sent by clients to see if they contain bad scripts?

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 02:15:40 am »

Can't they also use wireshark and filter packets sent by clients to see if they contain bad scripts?

only partially. if you execute scripts locally they arent transferred to the server (only things like vehicle name if you spawn vehicles). they can only see full scripts if you execute code remotely on the server or other players.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 03:37:45 am »

only partially. if you execute scripts locally they arent transferred to the server (only things like vehicle name if you spawn vehicles). they can only see full scripts if you execute code remotely on the server or other players.

what bouncer539 ment to say was if you use setvehicleinit or public variables then they will be able to record it using a tool like wire shark there are ways around it , pm him he knows how to do it and dont take no for an answer. just keep pming him i know hes busy but he will tell you if you pm him enough.

semtexv2

• Online Villain
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 01:33:05 pm »

what bouncer539 ment to say was if you use setvehicleinit or public variables then they will be able to record it using a tool like wire shark there are ways around it , pm him he knows how to do it and dont take no for an answer. just keep pming him i know hes busy but he will tell you if you pm him enough.

lol i stalk the forums more nowa days but had to post "lol" as this made me laugh xD

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 03:29:10 pm »

lol i stalk the forums more nowa days but had to post "lol" as this made me laugh xD

i 'loled' when i typed it.

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 08:46:15 pm »

me too, because this is the one of the rare cases where you give out useful info just for the sake of "topping" what i said, lol. :icon_laugh

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 09:26:11 pm »

me too, because this is the one of the rare cases where you give out useful info just for the sake of "topping" what i said, lol. :icon_laugh

+ 1 you da man. :icon_thumbsup ( had many pms yet ) ?  :icon_laugh

btw bouncer i heard you had trouble switching your pc on again yesterday.

heres a big tip : remember to plug it in before you try and switch it on and youl be fine next time. :smile

btw z 29 degrees right now fkn hot mate.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:31:32 pm by MrMedic »