Author Topic: Solution for unwarranted Global Ban  (Read 8874 times)

fluidmist

• First Post
    • View Profile
Solution for unwarranted Global Ban
« on: June 18, 2012, 07:18:05 am »
I have found a solution for an unwarranted global ban from Battleye.

I have had a long email exchange with the creator of Battleye and he basically said even though I can prove that I was not hacking, I will still not be unbanned. This amounts to getting screwed out of 30 bucks.

What I am doing is doing what is called a 'chargeback' with my bank. It returns the funds forcefully from the place you bought the product from for failure to deliver the product or delivering a broken product which is what happened. I have also convinced 11 of my clan-mates to do this and the more I talk to people who have been unfairly banned, the more agree to.

If you bought it on Steam, it will cause Steam to investigate why there are so many chargebacks all of the sudden and make sure to e-mail Valve and let them know why. It is because BIS is using Battleye and it is aggressively banning people unfairly who have not hacked or used any scripts. They may consider dropping the Arma series from Steam since so many people are being denied playing a game they paid for due to no legitimate reason at all.

If you do a chargeback on BIS, they will see that Battleye is a horrible solution for anti-cheating and this whole thing is to force them to use something that actually works and doesn't have false-positives like Battleye is riddled with. Tell them to use Punkbuster or Valve's VAC tech.

If you have been a victim of someone spoofing your GUID or simply a false positive, don't waste your time petitioning Battleye. They don't care. Do a chargeback and FORCE them to address the root of the problem.

Gizamand

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Solution for unwarranted Global Ban
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:38:56 am »
Didnt i just read this in DayZ forums?
Just try to post it in one and not 2

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 07:42:37 am »
BE was meant to "protect players".
It does not...fully.
It harms players...in part.

You need to think about what I just said.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

Dw4

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 08:17:43 am »
i'm sure they care, especially after you used examples of VAC and PB in the email which do have global bans ...  :icon_laugh :icon_o_o :icon_cool2 :icon_thumbsup :icon_biggrin2

Energizer

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 01:54:11 pm »
Is not possible for all, i have buy Arma II: Combined Operations at  Apr 27, 2011  :icon_cry2

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 02:02:51 pm »
Wish i was banned now , i would kick up a right fucking shit storm if i was.

sable why didnt you ban me i coulda had even more fun with you and bi lol.  :smile
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

HeroXx

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 02:21:16 pm »
I have found a solution for an unwarranted global ban from Battleye.

I have had a long email exchange with the creator of Battleye and he basically said even though I can prove that I was not mod-apping, I will still not be unbanned. This amounts to getting screwed out of 30 bucks.

What I am doing is doing what is called a 'chargeback' with my bank. It returns the funds forcefully from the place you bought the product from for failure to deliver the product or delivering a broken product which is what happened. I have also convinced 11 of my clan-mates to do this and the more I talk to people who have been unfairly banned, the more agree to.

If you bought it on Steam, it will cause Steam to investigate why there are so many chargebacks all of the sudden and make sure to e-mail Valve and let them know why. It is because BIS is using Battleye and it is aggressively banning people unfairly who have not mod-apped or used any scripts. They may consider dropping the Arma series from Steam since so many people are being denied playing a game they paid for due to no legitimate reason at all.

If you do a chargeback on BIS, they will see that Battleye is a horrible solution for anti-cheating and this whole thing is to force them to use something that actually works and doesn't have false-positives like Battleye is riddled with. Tell them to use Punkbuster or Valve's VAC tech.

If you have been a victim of someone spoofing your GUID or simply a false positive, don't waste your time petitioning Battleye. They don't care. Do a chargeback and FORCE them to address the root of the problem.

Have you ever done a chargeback against steam? If you haven't you obviously don't know what you have let yourself in for.

Good luck.

OMG Pony

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 02:23:09 pm »
Its a plan to make money. BIS release a new Addon named Czech Armed Force, but its not enougth. The A3 procress cost some euros.  :icon_laugh

Song for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ERb9ko-bzI

:)

rocket

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 02:24:17 pm »
You realize that Battleye is not part of Bohemia Interactive, right?

It is a voluntary system used by server providers if they like. The ArmA2 EULA doesn't cover Battleye, any agreement or purchase and product rights doesn't cover your interaction with Battleye. Bohemia has not banned you from using their product, indeed through Gamespy your GUID is still a valid GUID. But the voluntary server system Battleye has banned your GUID from servers that choose to use the Battleye system.

There are four classifications of Chargeback:
  • Technical, such as a bank error.
  • Clerical, a duplicate or when you were supposed to receive a refund.
  • Quality, has not received the goods as they were supposed to at the time of purchase.
  • Fraud, you did not order the goods and someone else did using your details.

There is no type of chargeback to claim that someone has broken a promise or agreement after you have purchased the product. It needs to be when you purchased it. Also, Bohemia can just say that Battleye is a voluntary system that they do not control. And this is true, Battleye don't negotiate with Bohemia over decisions about things, they aren't managed or operated by them, and any EULA inside ArmA2 does not cover Battleye. So your entire argument there doesn't work.

Steam has an automatic process of dealing with Chargebacks, they have considerable experience due to the VAC system and people trying that on with them. I think there is an article about it on gameasutra but I couldn't find it.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 02:31:56 pm »
exactly rocket so what right does sable have to take the game away from the unfortunate few that recieved a global ban , in my books thats a bit naughty.

I am half expecting him to give it the old speil of 'go play on none battleye servers' next.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

rocket

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 02:39:39 pm »
exactly rocket so what right does sable have to take the game away from the unfortunate few that recieved a global ban , in my books thats a bit naughty.

I am half expecting him to give it the old speil of 'go play on none battleye servers' next.

He didn't take the game away. The game works just fine as the way he purchased it. His issue can, actually, only be with the server provider itself. Because they are the ones who chose to use Battleye, they are the ones who sent his data to battleye. If he hasn't paid for the service of using their server then there is shit all action that he can take against the server provider.

It is a voluntary, community managed and run "reputation" system. It's NOT like VAC which is an official system.

Lets use an example:

You buy a car from Bohemia Interactive
You drive said car on a private racetrack, and get kicked off that racetrack for breaking the rules
You can't sue Bohemia Interactive for what happened, your car still works fine.

There is zero difference between the old Battleye and the new one, except that all the servers are sharing a new type of ban called a Global Ban.

He can "lawyer up" his posts all he wants, but the facts are pretty obvious. In a way, its a clever way to run the system because the "reputation" system is independent of the company selling the product, negating the need to deal with the legal issues you have outlined. He can scream and yell at Bohemia all he wants but they have NO power to overturn a Battleye ban. He'd have better luck appealing directly to the community, as they are the ones who run and maintain Battleye.

OMG Pony

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 02:42:32 pm »
@Rocket: But BI payed it. If myself a developer, and these shit of BE banned guys without any reason, then i would bash the shit out them. But it can be a strategy to make money, like this: "sAble. If we bann users from DayZ gift them a global bann! We need money.

A2 is the game of BI, so you should make pressure to sable.

Maybe they wouldn't buy A3 if Battleeye supported.

rocket

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 02:44:55 pm »
Any agreement between Battleye and Bohemia Interactive is between them. You're not a third party to that agreement.

Nobody is forcing a server to use Battleye, and Bohemia is not forcing you to use Battleye. It is the server owners who are choosing to use Battleye and they are the ones who are forcing you to run Battleye when you join it.

OMG Pony

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 02:57:53 pm »
But we are the customers and we can say: Fuck yourself BI and BE.  :icon_thumbsup

Cuz the global bann, hax0rs will used fake guid and fuck up other players fun.
Let's seen when more and more innocent players get a bann.

rocket

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 03:03:01 pm »
But we are the customers and we can say: Fuck yourself BI and BE.  :icon_thumbsup

Cuz the global bann, hax0rs will used fake guid and fuck up other players fun.
Let's seen when more and more innocent players get a bann.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but just because you say something and combine it with the word "fuck" - doesn't mean that it's true.

"Sticking it to the man" isn't about making up your own version of the truth and then blindly proclaiming it as gospel. Because "the man" typically is siding within the system, they will tend to win in that situation. Researching your arguments and being able to prove them to the people in question is going to be far more convincing than failed chargeback attempts and saying "fuck you" to the people you don't like.

The whole DayZ project was created by me as a "fuck you" to the video game industry that told me making games like that was retarded, so I know where people are coming from when they get tired of the way a system is operating and hearing bullshit from people in influential positions. But if you want people to listen, and you want to make changes, you need to come up with the goods and use them properly.