Author Topic: so how did the bans work?  (Read 3399 times)

ninjamax

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
so how did the bans work?
« on: June 17, 2012, 03:32:36 am »
when recently the banwave hit. im just wondering how did this work? if current scripters only spawned less weapons in a crate to the ones only found ingame would that help? and/or tweaking a script to be less crazy would help? as in they search scripts ran and they see a crazy amount of weapons spawned and they know its a cheat so they mark that user as a ban? can it be hidden so its not obvious or ANY script ran even a script i could make to have auto run on will get me banned? i just wanna be certain about this cause i do make auto run scripts and many legit scripts to make my gameplay easier but no advantage. how did these bans work? if a scripter was never kicked from BE for anything at all would they still recieve a ban?

diddly123

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
Re: so how did the bans work?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 07:13:18 am »
Whoever got kicked by battleye for Script restriction #X or used the public bypass got banned.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:38:17 pm »
wrong , but close ,

the global bans were simple , they scanned their database , anyone with illegal weapons , items etc was added to the ban list or everyone who ever got kicked would now also be banned , also in your screenshots make sure you edit anything including gps position as they can easily ban you from it , not just your name etc.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

darkrounge

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 06:55:41 pm »
It's also a key ban now, global battleeye ban.

HeroXx

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 11:57:46 pm »
wrong , but close ,

the global bans were simple , they scanned their database , anyone with illegal weapons , items etc was added to the ban list or everyone who ever got kicked would now also be banned , also in your screenshots make sure you edit anything including gps position as they can easily ban you from it , not just your name etc.

So people were banned only because of DayZ? If you mod-app other game modes then you are good to go?

jamesgtaiv

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 01:01:53 am »
wrong , but close ,

So people were banned only because of DayZ? If you mod-app other game modes then you are good to go?

It's my understanding that if you're global banned by BE, youre banned from all OA BE servers.

ninjamax

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 01:04:23 am »
so just dont spawn any crazy weapon like scars? and spawn only dayz weapons and juggle the scripts around and mod apping just weapons would be ok?

HeroXx

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 02:13:27 am »
I mean now that we are running new keys, are we good provided we don't mod app on DayZ?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:21:40 am by HeroXx »

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 03:04:41 am »
The BE GUID ban wave has "bricked" the keys of 100's or 1000's who never in fact cheated.

The GUID involved may have been verified as "in use at the time" of violation...but many involved never in fact did anything or even actually in said server at the time.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

B00msh00t

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 03:28:44 am »
Does anyone know if I buy a new copy of ArmA 2, would they keep track of IP to see if I was banned on another account? Just curious to know.

ZOldDude

• The Unknown Rank!
  • Administrator
  • MasstKer
  • Old School TKC
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 03:57:22 am »
Does anyone know if I buy a new copy of ArmA 2, would they keep track of IP to see if I was banned on another account? Just curious to know.
Why would they?

Banning new keys based on an IP address in the past is a sure fire way to a Class Action lawsuit.

*While we crash and burn, small, low tech, agrarian societies such as the Hmong in the mountains of Laos will continue on without so much as blinking an eye.*

diddly123

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 04:45:04 am »
wrong , but close ,

Well i never added illegal items, only dayZ specific items. I was kicked once for a script restriction when i tried to teleport using the onMapSingleClick function. I was banned just like the others.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 05:18:10 am »
wrong , but close ,

Well i never added illegal items, only dayZ specific items. I was kicked once for a script restriction when i tried to teleport using the onMapSingleClick function. I was banned just like the others.

ok dont listen , you know mr 4 posts. :icon_thumbsup
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

curious

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 05:25:57 am »
I spawned vehicles and weapons that weren't in DayZ. I got kicked a couple times for script restrictions but I wasn't banned. Probably will now though, I got script restriction 49 a couple mins ago.

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 05:56:44 am »
wrong , but close ,

ok dont listen , you know mr 4 posts. :icon_thumbsup

comon, hes so young in this forum, no need to troll him already. :icon_cry2