Author Topic: Trying to get a Star Wars Galaxies speedhack to work.  (Read 6549 times)

Chenarus93

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Trying to get a Star Wars Galaxies speedhack to work.
« on: June 16, 2012, 04:31:28 am »
As you may have heard, SWG Emu has been released in a (mostly) working state. I've been trying to get speedhacking to work with cheat engine, but I'm a bit lost. From what I've managed to scrounge up from necro'd Youtube videos and randomn internet sources, a speedhack at least seems plausible as it seems to be client-sided. However, when I try with Cheat Engine (using the default speed hack option) it doesn't seem to work.

Any pointers for a comparative noob?

Chenarus93

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to get a Star Wars Galaxies speedmod-app to work.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:28:42 pm »
So I've been scouring 8 year old pre-cu SWG packet editing threads, and while I think they patched how people used to speedmod-app, I think it is possible to mod-app experience points and credits through packet editing.

But I'm running into a problem. Are the packets encrypted or something? Every time I try to send an indentical packet back using the same Socket ID I get an error and nothing happens. Is this a futile attempt? Or am I not looking in the right places?

There was some mention that you had to like somehow freeze the program, intercept a packet, and edit it before it was sent back to the server, but I have no clue how to do this.

Please respond ;_;.

Chenarus93

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 06:46:25 pm »
Also saw some sort of way to edit files in your inventory/see your chat log, ect. I'll try to experiment with that for now.

Pride

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 02:48:21 pm »
According to google swgemu is open source?

Just grab the source and start looking for vulnerabilities in key areas. (This assumes you know "how things worktm")

Chenarus93

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 05:33:45 am »
I'm not really that advanced, although a few tutorials have been helping. It seems that most of the open source stuff is like four years old, though.

Chenarus93

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 05:04:07 am »
This seems to be far beyond my skills at the moment. I've only found two people who could possibly pull this off, one on TKC and one not on TKC. The one on TKC said they would try their hand at it, while the other one has yet to respond. If either pans out I'll be sure to update this thread, if only to tell people if it is possible/not possible. This really seems to take some extremely esoteric knowledge to pull off  :icon_sad2.

Chenarus93

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 12:16:23 am »
Well, things are not going so well on this front...

Everyone who seems to be able to do this or even provide more than vague advice is either not responding OR has almost no legitimate contact information.

I'll keep trying, but it seems almost impossible to find people like this in the first place, not to mention being able to contact them.

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 03:33:05 am »
Im sorry that you have been having such difficulties with this, i don't have the game or time honestly to even play with it.

maybe if you can get into different vehicles/ships then go in one, search for changed, go to a slower one and search for smaller, faster one and then search for higher until you find a value for speed? doubt that will work but its something.

if its open source you can try to search for exact values if you find em in the files somewhere.

Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

Chenarus93

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 03:38:40 am »
Im sorry that you have been having such difficulties with this, i don't have the game or time honestly to even play with it.

maybe if you can get into different vehicles/ships then go in one, search for changed, go to a slower one and search for smaller, faster one and then search for higher until you find a value for speed? doubt that will work but its something.

if its open source you can try to search for exact values if you find em in the files somewhere.

Working on money/items at the moment as it seems they've made it so it is impossible to speedhack, at least for someone of my skills, but not making much progress.

Chenarus93

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 06:07:28 am »
Going to have to say that unless one of the far more experienced TKCers were to take a look at this, I doubt this is going to happen in all honesty. I found one fellow today who thought he could do it but then I mentioned the packets were encrypted and he bailed. I'll keep searching, but most of the tutorials/articles leave out crucial portions, and the amount of people who actually know how to do this seems to be very small.

[TKC]Symantic

• The Indifferent Character
  • The Central Committee
  • Heckler
  • I can has personal text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 01:16:02 pm »
sometimes you don't need to decrypt/manually send packets yourself if you can get the engine to do it.

Its hard to help because im unfamiliar with the game... but if you can get an inventory of some sort, drop/pickup the same item and search for 0/1 until you find the address, in cheat engine put a break-point on the instruction and look at all the registers. then switch the item and compare the registers for differences, this could be the item offset/ID. next time you go to pickup an item, force the information in the register to be the expensive item.

If you are getting WPE errors then maybe you aren't using it correctly... try to duplicate something like moving to a certain location or something.

the value for speed is probably held in a memory address somewhere depending on the vehicle you are in. search and set.

Good luck and im curious to hear the solution you come up with.

Enjoy your creative game-play, whatever that may include.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:27 pm »
The game has to build the packet .. ( hmmm ) .. then encrypt it.

get to work.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 01:58:56 pm »
According to google swgemu is open source?

Just grab the source and start looking for vulnerabilities in key areas. (This assumes you know "how things worktm")
lol at the tm

Source as well ? , get it downloaded and give it some extras that they forgot to add in retail.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 02:05:47 pm »
is it a bird is it a plane no its mrmedic dressed up as darth vader moving faster than a tai fighter.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:16:01 pm by MrMedic »

Chenarus93

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 05:25:51 am »
sometimes you don't need to decrypt/manually send packets yourself if you can get the engine to do it.

Its hard to help because im unfamiliar with the game... but if you can get an inventory of some sort, drop/pickup the same item and search for 0/1 until you find the address, in cheat engine put a break-point on the instruction and look at all the registers. then switch the item and compare the registers for differences, this could be the item offset/ID. next time you go to pickup an item, force the information in the register to be the expensive item.

If you are getting WPE errors then maybe you aren't using it correctly... try to duplicate something like moving to a certain location or something.

the value for speed is probably held in a memory address somewhere depending on the vehicle you are in. search and set.

Good luck and im curious to hear the solution you come up with.

I've only just learned how breakpoints work in general  :icon_cry2.  I don't even know what you mean by the registers offset/ID. I can change values and things, but every time I interact with the server in some capacity they are just reset.

The game has to build the packet .. ( hmmm ) .. then encrypt it.

get to work.

I know that much from tutorials, but I have no idea about how to modify the packet before it is encrypted, or even where to start. I'm still new to Ollydbg and Assembly is like an alien language to me.

-------------

I think I'll try just mastering CE or something and attempting to hack other, simpler games until I know what is happening. I don't even know C, C++, and don't have the time to really pick them up with full summer courses and a job. The only way I'd ever get close is for someone to handhold me through the entire process.