Author Topic: GLOBAL Ban. Also Bohemia fuck yourself.  (Read 13172 times)

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
Re: GLOBAL Ban. Also Bohemia fuck yourself.
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »
Oh geez, I'm so pleased by the amount of "eThugs" and "l33t h4ck3rzz" that are butthurt and begging for help from the same 3 people who actually know what the fuck they're doing. To the intelligent mod-appers who don't fuck up the game, Keep doing what you do but let it be a lesson to you of what happens when you throw pearls to the swine. I know BattlEye isn't the best anti-cheat (we know, stop beating a dead horse) but it helps separate the wheat from the chaff that is the script kiddies and virgins who rage so hard at dying in a video game that they have to mod-app and shit all over everyone elses fun.

Keep at it, programmers. Keep testing the engine's limits. Help strengthen ARMA, I've got a good feeling that ARMA3 is going to be bad ass and hopefully once DayZ has time to mature and evolve it will be even more brutally difficult.

I have just read a post over in bi forums by what looks like a kid has posted it , raging and they are all laughing at him i was as well actually untill i thought about it and..

Truth is i wonder how many kids got banned last night and today , woke up not knowing , went to school talking about all meeting up in dayz ( its a kids type of mod really if you think about it .. kids playing together with school freinds fighting off zombies is a kids dream )  , anyway then they get home , start the game looking forward to playing and find out they are banned .. serious i really do feel sorry for them,  i think sable handled this really badly.

feel sick for the kids i really do poor little buggers.

different story with the men , they deserve it they knew what they were doing , but the kids didnt.

Oh please. Everyone who was capable of searching, then installing and using the mod-apps very well knew what they were doing. You're underestimating kids. If you cheat and get caught, you get punished. Very simple. It's a concept all kids understand too.

Nah mate , thats not right at all , so i go for a cup of coffee , come back and my youngest of 6 has been hitting keys moving the mouse ( you know what kids are like or maybe you dont ) anyway , im back and i notice theres 50 ammo boxes and shit loads of snowmen everywhere , thats the kids fault is it and they should be banned ??? or is it myne for making a cup of coffee ???

not starting anything here im merely pointing out that a child is not responsible until 18 , so if their parent bought it then ban them , but if they didnt and they bought it how ever from wherever then should they actually be banned?

anyway wtf am i doing posting about this , no one will change over it , so its been a complete waste of 5 minutes of my time..
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

Farce

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2012, 10:25:46 pm »
Then today will be a harsh lesson in reality for them. They're about to learn a lot about life in the aspect that its not fair. Maybe they mod-apped, maybe they didn't. They're now banned, just like everyone else that used a mod-app, patch, mod, or what ever term you choose for breaking the rule set of a game. I know everyone does this for a different reason but it boggles my mind why you would want to play a game but disregard the rules of it, let alone ruin it for everyone else.

That's what a game IS. Its constraining you to a set of rules and seeing if you can succeed in the environment and have fun doing it. If you can't succeed or you aren't having fun, don't play.

In before "Farce is butthurt". I support programmers like JTM and MrMedic, although I don't nececcarily approve of your tendancy to supply seven year olds with nukes and expect them to do the right thing with them.  :icon_sly

Soz bud but the first part of your post is a bit of a mess , 1 reason , when the beta was floating around , some servers had it running and it was backwards compatible ,IE: if you went into it with an older version of 1.6 you got in however if battleye was enabled which in 99% of servers it is , you sometimes recieved one of 2 kicks , #47 ( which has been posted on bi forums )  and #50 because battleye under pressure is not the most stable anti cheat as we all know couple that with a beta + a lag fest of a server and your going to get false positives ..it had trouble and was mismatching bytes which was resulting in kicks when people werent actually cheating.

The rest i agree with mainly , but saying a kid deserves what they get is a bit harsh , just pray to god you dont ever have any children if that is your attitude. No offence it's just the way you have come across.

Hey man, I don't say anyone deserves it but it still happens in everyday life. Record how many times a day a teenager says "But that's not fair" for example. You'll be very surprised and probably a little irritated by the end of the day.

I'm not going to go off on a tangent about life philosophies and such but trust me there are worse things in life than getting your ARMA2 account global banned. If anything it might encourage the youngins' in to greater things like learning to script for themselves. For all we know this could spark some interest in some future programmers who started out with hacking some meager little game for fun then later went on to be a SysAdmin or a programmer for a major security company.

Okay, I went off on a tangent. Sue me. :p

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2012, 10:30:07 pm »
Okay, I went off on a tangent. Sue me. :p

Brb , making a phone call to the internet police.  :icon_teehee

Farce

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2012, 10:50:03 pm »
Oh no, not the Internet Police!  :icon_laugh

But in all seriousness, the programmers of hacks need to remember they don't owe shit to the community for all their work and that just because the creators use them responsibly doesn't mean that little Timmy will. Not everyone carries the same idea of morality as you do so if you release something you better make damn sure that when its used at its worst that you'll still feel alright about the ramifications down the line.

This isn't a black and white issue, its not an us versus them issue, its an issue with many shades of grey in between.

Friendly

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2012, 10:54:33 pm »
Whats ironic, is I didnt get banned. I cheated. However, i never crashed servers (shame on you!). I encouraged people to cheat, but im glad the shit lot of you got banned. You shouldnt have cheated, if you werent willing to accept the consequences if you got caught doing so.

Furthermore, if you used the publically available scripts, you deserve it even more so. My scripts still work, so this has had absoluetly no impact on me whatsoever.

My brother, however, was nuked last night and wasnt happy. Now I have to get him all new gear so hes not deterred from playing.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2012, 11:03:53 pm »
Oh no, not the Internet Police!  :icon_laugh

But in all seriousness, the programmers of mod-apps need to remember they don't owe shit to the community for all their work and that just because the creators use them responsibly doesn't mean that little Timmy will. Not everyone carries the same idea of morality as you do so if you release something you better make damn sure that when its used at its worst that you'll still feel alright about the ramifications down the line.

This isn't a black and white issue, its not an us versus them issue, its an issue with many shades of grey in between.

Yep , i agree with you , I share because i can , not because i have to mate , fully enjoy playing against other cheaters , the more the merrier actually , enjoy a good ha.ck contest now and then to sharpen my tallons tbh but in general i dont mess with the normals or the ammo box spawners they hold no interest to me , i tend to leave them alone unless im testing some new stuff then they all unfortuantely fall victim to it while im testing but i never do it intentionally unless they piss me off.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2012, 11:10:42 pm »
Tomatoe king get on ts buddy.

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2012, 11:12:14 pm »

But in all seriousness, the programmers of mod-apps need to remember they don't owe shit to the community for all their work and that just because the creators use them responsibly doesn't mean that little Timmy will. Not everyone carries the same idea of morality as you do so if you release something you better make damn sure that when its used at its worst that you'll still feel alright about the ramifications down the line.

Yep , i agree with you , I share because i can , not because i have to mate , fully enjoy playing against other cheaters , the more the merrier actually , enjoy a good ha.ck contest now and then to sharpen my tallons tbh but in general i dont mess with the normals or the ammo box spawners they hold no interest to me , i tend to leave them alone unless im testing some new stuff then they all unfortuantely fall victim to it while im testing but i never do it intentionally unless they piss me off.

wrong, you share because you want to get ppl banned. seems like you achieved your goal now you caring soul. :icon_thumbsup

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2012, 11:14:29 pm »

wrong, you share because you want to get ppl banned. seems like you achieved your goal now you caring soul. :icon_thumbsup

Troll lol

You da man. ! :icon_thumbsup

Farce

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2012, 11:17:50 pm »
To be honest that's sort of the point of the game, Friendly.

Its not about being the best, its about the struggle to survive. Its about the challenge of even staying alive. Hell, I dragged myself around a little back water town in game after I got vengence on someone who tried to kill me with a sniper rifle and made the mistake of coming down in to close quarters in a super market when I had a M1024 full of bird shot. I dragged myself around town for a half hour with a broken leg and 3.3k blood hoping I would find some morphine so I could man up and continue my journey. I finally found some and the feeling of relief was seriously overwhelming. That's the sort of moments I play for, the ones that illicit an emotional response. Be it distress, anger, joy, excitement, or regret. Its because there's something at stake and for every bullet you fire you place a bet on your own (in game) life that you're going to survive another day.

Like I said, I don't mind a little comic mischief and hell sometimes it makes it more fun when you add that sort of unpredictability to encounters with other players but when you take it over the edge and don't even give the other player a chance of having a "what the fuck was that?" moment it really degrades your reputation as a community.

This post is a little run on so take from it what you will but its my personal stance on this mod and snuffing it out before it even gets a chance to polish the rough corners after Dean Hall (he's a person, not just a name on the internet) put all this work in (on his own time up until recently, and for FREE) is just sort of a dick thing to do.

Again, just my two beans. Take from it what you will.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2012, 11:19:56 pm »
M1024 is the best bit. told us to take what we wanted from it , beans sounds good as well , bit of curry in with them , makes a nice toasty sandwich.

Cheating on games such as arma will never stop , and no anti cheat as good as they are will ever stop me , way it is way it allways shall be.

as for the mod yeah truthfully you can see he's put a lot of effort into it and truthfully i hope it does well but the game is wide open its going to struggle i think now and players will drop , that global 'thing' has annoyed a lot of 'wasps' and they will do their best to get rocket back for it , i just hope the game can handle it , ive seen this happen before on older games and they tend to die faster than you would think.

To me it wouldnt meen anything but i know some play this all day and banning them its a bit like taking their drugs away , theyl do anything to get more and if they cant theyl fuck it up for everyone else if they can.

i predict a shit storm comming tbh soon as they get a new key they will be raping servers and it will just go on and on.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:33:53 pm by JFM »

Farce

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2012, 11:39:38 pm »
Well there's always ARMA3, which is looking pretty spectacular.

As for the players disappearing, those that can't handle dying (sometimes for completely bullshit reasons like bugs) are a detriment to the community anyways. Dean stated that this is about as close to an anti-game as it gets. The only reward in the game the little victories when you've been getting the short end of the stick ever since you woke up on that damn beach. It's like getting horrible greasy fast food after a day long hang over, You've starved and felt like shit all day which makes that horrible delicious food taste that much better. I spazzed out in Teamspeak with some of my clan mates when I found a damn compass just because it was amazing to know my exact heading again and not try and guess with the direction of the sun and my watch any more.

miqqel

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2012, 12:13:18 am »
Oh geez, I'm so pleased by the amount of "eThugs" and "l33t h4ck3rzz" that are butthurt and begging for help from the same 3 people who actually know what the fuck they're doing. To the intelligent mod-appers who don't fuck up the game, Keep doing what you do but let it be a lesson to you of what happens when you throw pearls to the swine. I know BattlEye isn't the best anti-cheat (we know, stop beating a dead horse) but it helps separate the wheat from the chaff that is the script kiddies and virgins who rage so hard at dying in a video game that they have to mod-app and shit all over everyone elses fun.

Keep at it, programmers. Keep testing the engine's limits. Help strengthen ARMA, I've got a good feeling that ARMA3 is going to be bad ass and hopefully once DayZ has time to mature and evolve it will be even more brutally difficult.

I have just read a post over in bi forums by what looks like a kid has posted it , raging and they are all laughing at him i was as well actually untill i thought about it and..

Truth is i wonder how many kids got banned last night and today , woke up not knowing , went to school talking about all meeting up in dayz ( its a kids type of mod really if you think about it .. kids playing together with school freinds fighting off zombies is a kids dream )  , anyway then they get home , start the game looking forward to playing and find out they are banned .. serious i really do feel sorry for them,  i think sable handled this really badly.

different story with the men , they deserve it they knew what they were doing , but the kids didnt.

Oh please. Everyone who was capable of searching, then installing and using the mod-apps very well knew what they were doing. You're underestimating kids. If you cheat and get caught, you get punished. Very simple. It's a concept all kids understand too.

Nah mate , thats not right at all , so i go for a cup of coffee , come back and my youngest of 6 has been hitting keys moving the mouse ( you know what kids are like or maybe you dont ) anyway , im back and i notice theres 50 ammo boxes and shit loads of snowmen everywhere , thats the kids fault is it and they should be banned ??? or is it myne for making a cup of coffee ???

not starting anything here im merely pointing out that a child is not responsible until 18 , so if their parent bought it then ban them , but if they didnt and they bought it how ever from wherever then should they actually be banned?

anyway wtf am i doing posting about this , no one will change over it , so its been a complete waste of 5 minutes of my time..

If your six year old can spawn ammo boxes and white snowmen everywhere, that means you already had the scripts on your computer, don't it?  :wink2

And when the ban is delivered, it's nothing away from your kid if he's six and he was just hitting a few buttons.

You're not giving kids a lot of credit. Any kid above the age of eight will know cheating is wrong. Any kid above the age of thirteen will certainly know what they're doing and should be and are held responsible. There is also no way to differentiate between a kid and an adult, so of course you ban any cheaters. Even if there was, why wouldn't you ban a kid doing it? They're still cheating and they know they're cheating. And it makes no difference for the 50 other people on the server whether or not it's a 10 year old or a 30 year old pushing the buttons that makes them all die.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2012, 12:37:50 am »

If your six year old can spawn ammo boxes and white snowmen everywhere, that means you already had the scripts on your computer, don't it?  :wink2

And when the ban is delivered, it's nothing away from your kid if he's six and he was just hitting a few buttons.

You're not giving kids a lot of credit. Any kid above the age of eight will know cheating is wrong. Any kid above the age of thirteen will certainly know what they're doing and should be and are held responsible. There is also no way to differentiate between a kid and an adult, so of course you ban any cheaters. Even if there was, why wouldn't you ban a kid doing it? They're still cheating and they know they're cheating. And it makes no difference for the 50 other people on the server whether or not it's a 10 year old or a 30 year old pushing the buttons that makes them all die.

he's a she and she is 6 . but obviosuly your going to argue , and truth mate i dont care im not banned , just saying you cant punish kids for their actions or obviosly you would be locked away in a dungeon judgeing by the way you responded to a simple question. have a good day.

KTFlash

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2012, 01:02:43 am »
The thing is, in the terms....

you are not responsible for what happens on your account if it wasn't you.