Author Topic: GLOBAL Ban. Also Bohemia fuck yourself.  (Read 13167 times)

robin-580

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
Re: GLOBAL Ban. Also Bohemia fuck yourself.
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2012, 09:28:29 pm »
i dont see any EULA on the manual even not in steam there is something about EULA

B00msh00t

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2012, 09:32:25 pm »
Ha this is hilarious!
The EULA states that we are entitled to use the Program for our own use as long as we don't do the following:
Selling/distribute
Publish/distribute any code of the game
Exploits the program FOR commercial purposes.

So as long as we exploit it without getting paid, we aren't breaking any of their rules.  :icon_sly

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2012, 09:32:39 pm »
i dont see any EULA on the manual even not in steam there is something about EULA

I lost my manual ages ago i remember some small print on the back page i think if its not the eula then try the bi forums and request it.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

joopig

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • A Place Of Dreams
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2012, 09:33:42 pm »
E U L A
IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY: YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT BEFORE INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM.
This computer software program, any printed materials, any on-line or electronic documentation, and  any and  all copies  and derivative  works of  such software program
and materials (the ?Program?) are  the copyrighted work. All use of  the Program  is
governed  by the  copyright law  and by  the terms  of the  End-User License
Agreement, which is provided below (?License?). By using the Program you agree to
be legally  bound by  the terms  of this  license agreement.  Any use, reproduction or
redistribution of the  Program not in accordance with  the terms of the License is
expressly prohibited. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not
install or use  the Program. You  may, however, return  it to your place of purchase
for a full refund.
End User License Agreement
1. Ownership: All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the
Program and any and all copies thereof (including but not limited to any titles,
computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, narrative,
locations, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audiovisual effects,
methods of operation, any related documentation, and addons incorporated into the
Program) are owned by Bohemia Interactive a.s. (the Licensor) or its licensors.The
Program is protected by the Czech copyright laws, international copyright treaties
and conventions and any other applicable laws. All rights are reserved.
2. Limited Use of License: the Licensor hereby grants, and by installing the Program
you thereby accept, a restricted, non-exclusive license and right to install and use one
(1) copy of the Program for your personal use. You may not network the Program or
otherwise install it or use it on more than one computer at a time, except if expressly
authorized otherwise in the applicable documentation. The Program is licensed, not
sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Program.
3. End User's Obligations:
A. As a Subject to the Grant of License herein above, you may not, in whole or in part,
copy, duplicate, reproduce, translate, reverse-engineer, modify, disassemble,
decompile, derive source code, create derivative works based on the Program,
remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Program or otherwise modify the
Program without the prior written consent of the Licensor.
B. You are entitled to use the Program for your own use, but you are not entitled to:
(i) Sell or transfer reproductions of the Program to other parties in any way, nor to
rent, lease or license the Program to others
(ii) Publish and/or distribute the computer Program or any of its parts
(iii) Exploit the Program or any of its parts for any commercial purpose including, but
not limited to, use at a cybercaf?, computer gaming center, computer aided training
center or any other location-based site where multiple users may access the
Program;
4. License Transfer: You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this
License to the recipient, provided that the recipient agrees to the terms of this
License and you remove the Program from your computer.
5. Termination: This License is effective until terminated.You may terminate the
License at any time by destroying the Program and any New Material. The Licensor
may, at its discretion, terminate this License in the event that you fail to comply with
the terms and conditions contained herein. In such event, you must immediately
destroy the Program and any New Material.
6. Limited Warranty: THE LICENSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR
THE PROGRAM.THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ?AS IS?WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING,WITHOUT LIMITATION,THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Program remains with you.
However it is warranted that the media containing the Program shall be free from
defects in material and workmanship under normal use and services and the Program
will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials, for
a period of 90 (ninety) days from the date of your purchase of the Program.
7. Limitation of Liability: NEITHER THE LICENSOR, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES,
AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE
OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING BUT
NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF GOODWILL,WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR
MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGE OR LOSSES.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2012, 09:34:35 pm »
Ha this is hilarious!
The EULA states that we are entitled to use the Program for our own use as long as we don't do the following:
Selling/distribute
Publish/distribute any code of the game
Exploits the program FOR commercial purposes.

So as long as we exploit it without getting paid, we aren't breaking any of their rules.  :icon_sly

you can do anything you want to it , apart from piracy as the eula isnt enforceable on the customer.

Farce

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2012, 09:36:06 pm »
Oh geez, I'm so pleased by the amount of "eThugs" and "l33t h4ck3rzz" that are butthurt and begging for help from the same 3 people who actually know what the fuck they're doing. To the intelligent hackers who don't fuck up the game, Keep doing what you do but let it be a lesson to you of what happens when you throw pearls to the swine. I know BattlEye isn't the best anti-cheat (we know, stop beating a dead horse) but it helps separate the wheat from the chaff that is the script kiddies and virgins who rage so hard at dying in a video game that they have to hack and shit all over everyone elses fun.

Keep at it, programmers. Keep testing the engine's limits. Help strengthen ARMA, I've got a good feeling that ARMA3 is going to be bad ass and hopefully once DayZ has time to mature and evolve it will be even more brutally difficult.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2012, 09:48:06 pm »
Oh geez, I'm so pleased by the amount of "eThugs" and "l33t h4ck3rzz" that are butthurt and begging for help from the same 3 people who actually know what the fuck they're doing. To the intelligent mod-appers who don't fuck up the game, Keep doing what you do but let it be a lesson to you of what happens when you throw pearls to the swine. I know BattlEye isn't the best anti-cheat (we know, stop beating a dead horse) but it helps separate the wheat from the chaff that is the script kiddies and virgins who rage so hard at dying in a video game that they have to mod-app and shit all over everyone elses fun.

Keep at it, programmers. Keep testing the engine's limits. Help strengthen ARMA, I've got a good feeling that ARMA3 is going to be bad ass and hopefully once DayZ has time to mature and evolve it will be even more brutally difficult.

I have just read a post over in bi forums by what looks like a kid has posted it , raging and they are all laughing at him i was as well actually untill i thought about it and..

Truth is i wonder how many kids got banned last night and today , woke up not knowing , went to school talking about all meeting up in dayz ( its a kids type of mod really if you think about it .. kids playing together with school freinds fighting off zombies is a kids dream )  , anyway then they get home , start the game looking forward to playing and find out they are banned .. serious i really do feel sorry for them,  i think sable handled this really badly.

feel sick for the kids i really do poor little buggers.

different story with the men , they deserve it they knew what they were doing , but the kids didnt.

Farce

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2012, 09:57:00 pm »
Then today will be a harsh lesson in reality for them. They're about to learn a lot about life in the aspect that its not fair. Maybe they hacked, maybe they didn't. They're now banned, just like everyone else that used a hack, patch, mod, or what ever term you choose for breaking the rule set of a game. I know everyone does this for a different reason but it boggles my mind why you would want to play a game but disregard the rules of it, let alone ruin it for everyone else.

That's what a game IS. Its constraining you to a set of rules and seeing if you can succeed in the environment and have fun doing it. If you can't succeed or you aren't having fun, don't play.

In before "Farce is butthurt". I support programmers like JTM and MrMedic, although I don't nececcarily approve of your tendancy to supply seven year olds with nukes and expect them to do the right thing with them.  :icon_sly

Temo

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2012, 10:02:49 pm »
i dont get it why tkcers are moralfags?

You get busted hacking - you loose the game. Simple as that

miqqel

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2012, 10:05:13 pm »
Oh geez, I'm so pleased by the amount of "eThugs" and "l33t h4ck3rzz" that are butthurt and begging for help from the same 3 people who actually know what the fuck they're doing. To the intelligent mod-appers who don't fuck up the game, Keep doing what you do but let it be a lesson to you of what happens when you throw pearls to the swine. I know BattlEye isn't the best anti-cheat (we know, stop beating a dead horse) but it helps separate the wheat from the chaff that is the script kiddies and virgins who rage so hard at dying in a video game that they have to mod-app and shit all over everyone elses fun.

I have just read a post over in bi forums by what looks like a kid has posted it , raging and they are all laughing at him i was as well actually untill i thought about it and..

Truth is i wonder how many kids got banned last night and today , woke up not knowing , went to school talking about all meeting up in dayz ( its a kids type of mod really if you think about it .. kids playing together with school freinds fighting off zombies is a kids dream )  , anyway then they get home , start the game looking forward to playing and find out they are banned .. serious i really do feel sorry for them,  i think sable handled this really badly.

different story with the men , they deserve it they knew what they were doing , but the kids didnt.

Oh please. Everyone who was capable of searching, then installing and using the mod-apps very well knew what they were doing. You're underestimating kids. If you cheat and get caught, you get punished. Very simple. It's a concept all kids understand too.

MrMedic

• MasstKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2012, 10:06:30 pm »
Then today will be a harsh lesson in reality for them. They're about to learn a lot about life in the aspect that its not fair. Maybe they mod-apped, maybe they didn't. They're now banned, just like everyone else that used a mod-app, patch, mod, or what ever term you choose for breaking the rule set of a game. I know everyone does this for a different reason but it boggles my mind why you would want to play a game but disregard the rules of it, let alone ruin it for everyone else.

That's what a game IS. Its constraining you to a set of rules and seeing if you can succeed in the environment and have fun doing it. If you can't succeed or you aren't having fun, don't play.

In before "Farce is butthurt". I support programmers like JTM and MrMedic, although I don't nececcarily approve of your tendancy to supply seven year olds with nukes and expect them to do the right thing with them.  :icon_sly

Soz bud but the first part of your post is a bit of a mess , 1 reason , when the beta was floating around , some servers had it running and it was backwards compatible ,IE: if you went into it with an older version of 1.6 you got in however if battleye was enabled which in 99% of servers it is , you sometimes recieved one of 2 kicks , #47 ( which has been posted on bi forums )  and #50 because battleye under pressure is not the most stable anti cheat as we all know couple that with a beta + a lag fest of a server and your going to get false positives ..it had trouble and was mismatching bytes which was resulting in kicks when people werent actually cheating.

The rest i agree with mainly , but saying a kid deserves what they get is a bit harsh , just pray to god you dont ever have any children if that is your attitude. No offence it's just the way you have come across.

Swishee

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2012, 10:08:03 pm »

I think you gotta give the kids a little credit, they might be less intelligent but I believe that they definitely knew the risks of what they were doing, and this mass banning is just something they should learn from and go beg their parents for more money to buy the game again.

KTFlash

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2012, 10:10:20 pm »
Let's just say, what happens to your account isn't exactly tied to your person....

jamesgtaiv

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2012, 10:12:30 pm »

Exactly. You really can't hack and expect never to get banned. It happens.

I think you gotta give the kids a little credit, they might be less intelligent but I believe that they definitely knew the risks of what they were doing, and this mass banning is just something they should learn from and go beg their parents for more money to buy the game again.

Temo

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2012, 10:16:30 pm »
Let's just say, what happens to your account isn't exactly tied to your person....

and this is the point i like so much about the internetz