Author Topic: DayZ Servers shut down due to mod-appers- rocket  (Read 24487 times)

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
Re: DayZ Servers shut down due to mod-appers- rocket
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2012, 08:52:03 pm »
^ global banned nailus? lol.

No clue, haven't played multiplayer for a few days. Getting something to work before that, plus is too much effort to load up arma 2 and everything else I need to, just for the off chance I MIGHT get into a dayz server that MIGHT work. Fuck that.

Have a second key, it isn't mine, haven't given any more money to BI than my base game purchase. Don't believe they deserve anything more than the first time I bought the game. And even then the expansion pack was fucking expensive considering it didn't include that much.
"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2012, 08:54:06 pm »
^ global banned nailus? lol.

No clue, haven't played multiplayer for a few days. Getting something to work before that, plus is too much effort to load up arma 2 and everything else I need to, just for the off chance I MIGHT get into a dayz server that MIGHT work. Fuck that.

Have a second key, it isn't mine, haven't given any more money to BI than my base game purchase. Don't believe they deserve anything more than the first time I bought the game. And even then the expansion pack was fucking expensive considering it didn't include that much.

I know exactly what you meen nail.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2012, 08:59:55 pm »
Actually I'm not  :icon_o_o. Suits me

xem

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2012, 09:09:56 pm »
Well, everything what happened here is OFP/ARMA developers failure. This engine was doomed to fail in multiplayer once it'll become popular. I understand that these architectural decisions were good at the time, but building a popular multiplayer game on the engine which trusts clients to do basically anything is just plain retarded. Anyone with a brain and knowledge of online gaming communities could see this before even starting. As a software developer myself, when I heard of DayZ, my only thought was "How long will it take for hаckers to own it".

Sorry rocket, but appealing to people ruining your game won't help anything. They will ruin it just because they can. It's a major engineering failure, and it has nothing to do with empathy or psychology etc. Get real and make something that won't trust the clients so much or die.

I'm not trying to be cynical, I'm just being realistic.

Also, to some TKCers: this "I didn't hurt the game, I was just controlling my personal experience" attitude is some serious bullshit, and you know it. I fully understand that I'm ruining the game when I'm hаcking a slightest bit of some shit in for myself. You should too.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:20:07 pm by xem »

Friendly

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2012, 09:11:42 pm »
Sorry rocket, but the fault lies in the platform youve selected that permits this.

Lastly, refrain from calling your players " pussies " in your changelogs. Your lack of professionalism is offensive.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:19:05 pm by Friendly »

miqqel

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2012, 09:26:50 pm »
Sorry rocket, but the fault lies in the platform youve selected that permits this.

Lastly, refrain from calling your players " pussies " in your changelogs. Your lack of professionalism is offensive.

Grow a thicker skin. Why should he be professional?

The fault lies in the people who choose to nuke and crash all the servers for no reason. Majority of the people here aren't doing that...

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2012, 09:28:57 pm »
Lastly, refrain from calling your players " pussies " in your changelogs.

LOL!
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

xem

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2012, 09:38:16 pm »
The fault lies in the people who choose to nuke and crash all the servers for no reason. Majority of the people here aren't doing that...
This is bullshit. These people will nuke and crash when allowed to, no matter what. Hating on these people is like hating on sun, wind, or background radiation.

Also, these "majority of people", including me and probably you, were ruining the game no less than nukemall-style idiots. Just because we can.

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2012, 09:56:13 pm »
This is bullshit. These people will nuke and crash when allowed to, no matter what. Hating on these people is like hating on sun, wind, or background radiation.

Also, these "majority of people", including me and probably you, were ruining the game no less than nukemall-style idiots. Just because we can.

How is spawning yourself a weapons crate as bad as killing 49 other people in a server?
Lets look at the list of effects

Weapons Create:
  • Have a better weapon quicker than everyone else
  • The possibility you could kill a player once an hour or so (Without aimbot or mapmod-apps etc)
  • The possibility you die less from zombies (If you don't miss them or whatever)
Server Nuking:
  • Instantly kill 49 players in a server, resting there stats that they could have worked on for 2-10 hours
  • More if you server hop

I don't exactly feel sorry for them, but you have something fucked in the head.

xem

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2012, 10:09:15 pm »
Weapons Create:
  • Have a better weapon quicker than everyone else
  • The possibility you could kill a player once an hour or so (Without aimbot or mapmod-apps etc)
  • The possibility you die less from zombies (If you don't miss them or whatever)
IRL it's called corruption, and it indirectly hurts the whole ecosystem, which is even worse than the open warfare (nuking servers) in the long run. It devaluates everyone's experience, not just yours.

miqqel

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2012, 10:12:35 pm »
No. Not at all the same. Doesn't matter what weapon your opponent has, he can still be killed by any ordinary weapon.

Nuking servers will/would kill the mod, if left unattended.

Farce

• Poptart
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2012, 10:14:57 pm »
As stated in another post of mine, Programmers who make these hacks are like the members of the Manhattan Project. You open pandora's box and instead of keeping the horrible things chained up for your own use, you instead allow a commoner access to a nuke.

Do you understand how dumb people ACTUALLY are? Do you really think some idiot would have restraint when given a mod that can wipe out a whole server "for the lulz"? I mean, personally, I don't really care if I die since it just means I start another potentially cool new adventure and learned what not to do next time to avoid getting bear mauled by zed.

Just my two beans.

joopig

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • A Place Of Dreams
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2012, 10:18:26 pm »
Just my two beans.
I see what you did there. :icon_laugh

Swishee

• Cheater Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2012, 10:20:32 pm »
No. Not at all the same. Doesn't matter what weapon your opponent has, he can still be killed by any ordinary weapon.

Nuking servers will/would kill the mod, if left unattended.

I agree with the nuking killing the mod but the weapons crates were getting out of hand aswell... in the past few days I saw tons of people on DayZ servers with Unattainable weapons that were just demolishing people, invisible helicopters and planes bombing people, and fully decked out people that were decimating people in night servers(on beta patch without ghetto nightvision) and that also ruins the game. I agree that they are not the same but still both of them ruin the mod for the legit players.

Friendly

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2012, 11:16:05 pm »
The man came in defeat, with reasonable words. Those of you who went crashing servers, should be ashamed. I used my cheats in such a fashion, that I dont think a single player was impacted by it, oddly enough. For me, it was about capability, and testing my abilities.

Yea, i did get myself a car and drive around, but nobody was hurt!