Author Topic: How do I find my Arma 2 OA Key?  (Read 3869 times)

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
Re: How do I find my Arma 2 OA Key?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 06:20:52 pm »
Thanks but in the end I found it. I was not even looking in the god dam local machine directory. I know just need to find a way so steam can't change the New Key once I launch Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.  :icon_cool2

its all in the forms

i think gerk made a tut about this some threads ago

true, but the free keys from arma2 free only work on A2, not OA. so for OA you need to buy a new key unfortunately
90% true. Contact me if you want more info. (First half)

btw niel, i contacted you but no response. care to enlighten us? im curious about your findings.

Gerk posted info on this exact thing a few month ago.

btw the genned keys work like real ones after you load up the game. cant go into more detail in public.

i know the thread he posted and yes it works for a2 because his method uses a2 free keys, but that doesnt work for OA (gamespy kicks you when joining a server). he said that was only 90% true and i asked why.

Yeah i know ( invalid guid kick ).
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 06:59:56 pm »
Thanks but in the end I found it. I was not even looking in the god dam local machine directory. I know just need to find a way so steam can't change the New Key once I launch Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.  :icon_cool2

its all in the forms

true, but the free keys from arma2 free only work on A2, not OA. so for OA you need to buy a new key unfortunately

btw niel, i contacted you but no response. care to enlighten us? im curious about your findings.

btw the genned keys work like real ones after you load up the game. cant go into more detail in public.

i know the thread he posted and yes it works for a2 because his method uses a2 free keys, but that doesnt work for OA (gamespy kicks you when joining a server). he said that was only 90% true and i asked why.

yup, and so, whats your solution? hint hint? ;)

Fishgun123

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02:14 pm »
right ok guys but then how do i stop steam from changing when i launch the game?

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 08:04:24 pm »
right ok guys but then how do i stop steam from changing when i launch the game?

dont start it via steam

Fishgun123

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 08:16:32 pm »
Okay i havent i also logged out and logged into another with arma 2 oa and just made it onto my desktop alsoo i changed all the permission to deny use key changetr but when i launch .... so far its working like the key change but it saids bad serial key gaven.. fuck. But other than that i think its sorted. soi really need a working key for oa :)

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 08:19:36 pm »

its all in the forms

yup, and so, whats your solution? hint hint? ;)

This game use's the exact same method to validate keys on joining a server as any other gamespy game. Luigi something made a thesis on how it works exactly.
"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:39 pm »
This game use's the exact same method to validate keys on joining a server as any other gamespy game. Luigi something made a thesis on how it works exactly.

Auriemma. nice guy :)

Fishgun123

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 08:26:38 pm »
Wow.. I was using an Arma 2 key. Anyway I can find a OA Key? Or anyone have a spare one Idk.. i thought there was a way of getting a new oa key?

- THanks   :smile
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:15:43 pm by Fishgun123 »

bouncer123

• Klass Klown
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 09:17:24 pm »
Wow.. I was using an Arma 2 key. Anyway I can find a OA Key? Or anyone have a spare one Idk.. i thought there was a way of getting a new oa key?

- THanks   :smile

yes, buy one

Fishgun123

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 09:18:12 pm »
Also it doesnt make sense unless it is because of this or not.. you make key changer but people want them maybe if they got banned or dont wanna buy the game again like me. But whent hey say put in a key to obviously change it.. well how am i supposed to get that.... so i basically have to buy it again. doesnt quite add up to me when i thought about it.

Fishgun123

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 09:33:56 pm »
Wait I think I found out a way  :icon_biggrin2 :icon_biggrin2 :icon_biggrin2 :icon_biggrin2. Well what you need to do is put in the arma 2 oa key you want to change it too.. thats step 1.. step 2 load up the arma 2 oa ( it will change it back to normal one ) then minimize the game.. click next on the key changer and then it will say application changed or whatever then go back on registry and its changed and if you joins erver and maximize you dnot get kicked lol :D....

because its working! but everytime i play ill have to do it :D.. ( waiting for someone to post and say what they think.............)

Coronel_Niel

• Insane Joker
  • Why can't I pick my own profile picture...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 09:50:29 pm »
Also it doesnt make sense unless it is because of this or not.. you make key changer but people want them maybe if they got banned or dont wanna buy the game again like me. But whent hey say put in a key to obviously change it.. well how am i supposed to get that.... so i basically have to buy it again. doesnt quite add up to me when i thought about it.

The key changer was a quick and easy way to force in the installer to turn your key into its "hash" and update it in registry. Not to make keys for you
"Now we are going to watch my boys do it" - Joopig

Fishgun123

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 10:45:50 pm »
anyway i think i found out like i said so...