Author Topic: General help for newbie  (Read 4533 times)

skylmt666

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
General help for newbie
« on: June 04, 2012, 06:27:22 pm »
I just read Topick "How to spawn box with all gear in Arma dayz" Now I want to learn how to write scripts but looking at a forum and cant found instructions, please help or give detailed instructions on how to write script to Arma 2 OA Dayz.
Thanks for a help.
LOLE'D

skylmt666

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
Re: General help for newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 06:31:01 pm »
im really hope for ur helping,because i cant find detail instruction or some FAQ s how to write a script or how to create a sqf file.
Thanks!
LOLE'D

c5

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:50:00 pm »
im really hope for ur helping,because i cant find detail instruction or some FAQ s how to write a script or how to create a sqf file.
Thanks!

Write a sqf script: 1) open notepad 2) code the script 3) save it as sqf (file->save as->all files->scirpt.sqf (for instance))

You have to put somewhat effort in it on your own, how on earth can you be so inept.... Why do you expect for people with knowledge to help anyone who comes here begging shit like that to help anyone out one by one? People here ain't Microsoft's technical feedback, do you get it?

Scripting: 1) open up 'new tab' 2) google search: ArmA 2 Scripting/Scripting Commands 3) Look around in the results....

Also, a remark: The question you asked could have been answered anywhere on BIS forums for example, there are many other forums and sites releated to ArmA 2 scripting... Why on earth would you come to gamemod-apping site to ask such a question... Learn the basic concepts of ArmA 2 Scripting on your own - asking for help at such low level really shows alot about you...
How do I makes hax?!

joopig

• Insane Joker
    • View Profile
    • A Place Of Dreams
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 06:52:43 pm »
Write a sqf script: 1) open notepad 2) code the script 3) save it as sqf (file->save as->all files->scirpt.sqf (for instance))

You have to put somewhat effort in it on your own, how on earth can you be so inept.... What do you expect for people with knowledge to help anyone who comes here begging shit like that to help you out one by one? People here ain't Microsoft's technical feedback, do you get it?

Scripting: 1) open up 'new tab' 2) google search: ArmA 2 Scripting/Scripting Commands 3) Look around in the results....

Also, a remark: The question you asked could have been answered anywhere on BIS forums for example, there are many other forums and sites releated to ArmA 2 scripting... Why on earth would you come to gamemod-apping site to ask such a question... Learn the basic concepts of ArmA 2 Scripting on your own - asking for help at such low level really shows alot about you...
Very helpful post +1. :darkking

skylmt666

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 06:54:59 pm »
THANK U VERY MUCH
now i will try to do this
Please keep this topick at the top
its very helpfull
LOLE'D

c5

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 06:55:39 pm »
Yeah, now we just have to wait until someone else makes a thread about 'where to find notepad's exe from'...  :wink2
How do I makes hax?!

katie1992

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »
Yeah, now we just have to wait until someone else makes a thread about 'where to find notepad's exe from'...  :wink2

Care to elaborate?

skylmt666

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 06:58:31 pm »
I think it will be cool
if Admin Create topick whick called FAQ or something like this
LOLE'D

c5

• Online Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 06:59:44 pm »

Care to elaborate?

C:\windows\system32\notepad.exe
How do I makes hax?!

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 07:01:07 pm »
I think it will be cool
if Admin Create topick whick called FAQ or something like this

Very good idea.
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

skylmt666

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 07:01:17 pm »
and after that when i write all scpirt in notepad i must rename it to sqf ???
LOLE'D

jamesgtaiv

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 07:10:09 pm »
I cant help but feel like a lot of shit posted on this forum requires tons of posting effort from experienced people who could be dedicating their time to those of us that have a clue, but don't quite know how to execute.

It's a fucking bummer. All I want to do is spawn a fucking crate full of guns and nvgs!!!!!! I'm tired of reading this forum word for word when it's 50% garbage like this thread.

EDIT: Do your self a favor, OP. Play around in the editor, make short missions and gain some experience with scripting. It goes a long way!

MrMedic

• MasstKer
  • programmer/dev/software engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 07:14:32 pm »
I cant help but feel like a lot of shit posted on this forum requires tons of posting effort from experienced people who could be dedicating their time to those of us that have a clue, but don't quite know how to execute.

It's a fucking bummer. All I want to do is spawn a fucking crate full of guns and nvgs!!!!!! I'm tired of reading this forum word for word when it's 50% garbage like this thread.

EDIT: Do your self a favor, OP. Play around in the editor, make short missions and gain some experience with scripting. It goes a long way!

To be honest that kind of attitude is going to get you no where very fucking fast.

Why dont you help him out , you seem to know how to do it .. take some stress off the 'experienced people'  :icon_thumbsup
EnCoded Message: i3iy9yl8kr2xf3g2Txs3pr6ye3ya7jg5ty2z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_7-AYfdkQ
you need a paypal account for the private versions.

http://bit.ly/medic101

Teamspeak 3: 85.236.101.5:10157

skylmt666

• Relentless Teamkiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 07:16:23 pm »
Jamesgtaiv
You are not right.
Look at me i cant write a scrip,i cant do anything.
And i want to teach but i cant find FAQ or another instruction.
And now u tell me that i cant have permission to teach or what?
LOLE'D

jamesgtaiv

• Intentional Cheater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 07:39:55 pm »

To be honest that kind of attitude is going to get you no where very fucking fast.

Why dont you help him out , you seem to know how to do it .. take some stress off the 'experienced people'  :icon_thumbsup

I'm not in the business of using Google for people. The Bistudio forum has more resources and tutorials than this dude could ever dream of. It would literally take him 10 minutes of searching on Google or Youtube. Apart from that, you seem far more concerned with replying to the people that don't have a clue than those that post legitimate questions. At first, I thought you were just a douche but it's now pretty apparent: these "NUBS", like the OP, are your market. You and joopig can enjoy ripping people off for chump change, and I say more power to you, but you and a few others completely destroyed this forums credibility (at least in my eyes).

Do your ego and this forum a favor; don't go telling newer/inexperienced users to look at older posts. Sometimes we do and realize what a faggot the "guru's" can be and that could become damaging to you guys and the community.

/rant